Singapore Expats

Eating slimming tablets can reduce your waistline by 1 inch?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.

Eating slimming tablets can reduce your waistline by 1 inch?

Post by Guest » Tue, 21 Dec 2004 11:29 pm

Comments on slimming ads that claims their clietns can reduce 1 or more inches after eating slimming tabs?

Would there be such miracles...?

vanessajoy

Re: Eating slimming tablets can reduce your waistline by 1 i

Post by vanessajoy » Fri, 06 Feb 2015 4:40 pm

I personally don't believe in slimming pills whatsoever, it might harm your body in the future. I go for slimming solution right now and it is working for me. Many pills like TR90 and such... i am just pretty skeptical about it

rochelletan

Post by rochelletan » Fri, 06 Feb 2015 5:13 pm

Hi I am currently on slimming treatments and i am happy with the results, already lost 4kg on 3rd session. :P

kelly88

Post by kelly88 » Sat, 14 Feb 2015 8:35 pm

I have been through it all and know what's it about. The main thing is to stick in there. You can't be an addict to food and never exercise if you want to live a healthy life and keep the weight off. I've worked out, done every diet, and all types of classes.

Nothing works, besides dedication and intelligence towards the subject of losing weight.

First, depending on how much weight you need to lose, your diet is the first concern. You can't eat 10,000 calories a day and expect the weight to come off, even if you are exercising a lot. Which brings us to the next thing. Duh, Exercising...

This is a must especially if you need to a lot of weight. Get at least 30 mins of some good hardcore exercising. Do some cardio, in the long run, it's good for the heart.

However, I find the most hardest part of losing weight/keeping it off, in my diet. It's so hard to keep your fingers out of the cookie jar or those chocolate goodies. I've found a great addition to help any one out, it's a natural weight loss supplement called Proactol. Now don't get all crazy on me and say diet pills don't work. That is true, but not in this case. This one isn't meant to burn pounds while you sit on the couch. It's an appetite suppressant, along with being a fat binder. I saved money on the pills at theweightlossplace .com along with getting some good info. It basically makes those fingers not go towards the cookie jar. For me it's the best pill I've tried and I've tried cupboards full. Now this doesn't mean you have to follow my foot steps but I've successfully lost roughly 70 pounds and keeping it off til this day.

Well good luck and remember what I said, Dedicate.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 14 Feb 2015 10:47 pm

kelly88 wrote:I have been through it all and know what's it about. The main thing is to stick in there. You can't be an addict to food and never exercise if you want to live a healthy life and keep the weight off. I've worked out, done every diet, and all types of classes.

Nothing works, besides dedication and intelligence towards the subject of losing weight.

First, depending on how much weight you need to lose, your diet is the first concern. You can't eat 10,000 calories a day and expect the weight to come off, even if you are exercising a lot. Which brings us to the next thing. Duh, Exercising...

This is a must especially if you need to a lot of weight. Get at least 30 mins of some good hardcore exercising. Do some cardio, in the long run, it's good for the heart.

However, I find the most hardest part of losing weight/keeping it off, in my diet. It's so hard to keep your fingers out of the cookie jar or those chocolate goodies. I've found a great addition to help any one out, it's a natural weight loss supplement called Proactol. Now don't get all crazy on me and say diet pills don't work. That is true, but not in this case. This one isn't meant to burn pounds while you sit on the couch. It's an appetite suppressant, along with being a fat binder. I saved money on the pills at theweightlossplace .com along with getting some good info. It basically makes those fingers not go towards the cookie jar. For me it's the best pill I've tried and I've tried cupboards full. Now this doesn't mean you have to follow my foot steps but I've successfully lost roughly 70 pounds and keeping it off til this day.

Well good luck and remember what I said, Dedicate.
This post is soooo wrong. Stay of of the pills. Anybody who takes pills to lose weight is asking for trouble. I've lost 25 kg in 22 weeks seven years ago and did NOT exercise (exercise will NOT help you to lose weight, especially if you are Obese rather than overweight. In fact, you will do even more damage to your joints than is already being done by carrying around all that excess weight. All you have to do is eat balanced food in smaller quantites and give up carbohydrates. Especially the killer starches like potatoes, rice, white bread and noodles. Additionally, cut out sugar and salt as an additive and you will lose weight and your health will also return to a semblance of normality. I got rid of HBP, High Cholesterol and gout of which I'd been on meds for over a decade prior to finishing my diet. I still don't eat the four white killer starches and have been pill free for years now. Do NOT fill you body up with any type of diet pill. The only pills you should take when on a diet is a good multi-vitamin and even that is not really necessary but could be. Lots of green leafy vegetables in equal weights to your protein source for each meal. Do not eat any type of grains/carbs for breakfast and you won't be craving something 2.5 hours later (usually UFOs - Unidentified fried objects) or other "bread" types of snacks. Do NOT eat anything that comes out of a box, bag, can or jar. Only eat fresh foods that you fix yourself wherever possible. You will lose weight and regain your health at the same time and exercise is NOT necessary. Do a search in the 2007/08 threads here using my nick and weight loss.

However, Proactol Plus does fall short in some areas.
For example, something that may not be known by many consumer of Proactol Plus is that it doesn’t stop the absorption of calories contained within carbohydrates, meaning all that pasta, rice and such that you’re eating, will all be fully absorbed. If you already know this, great! But if you’re one of the people who didn’t know and as such have been stuffing carb based products and consuming Proactol Plus thinking it would protect you, then you’ve been sorely misinformed.
Some users have reported some digestive adverse reactions associated with the use of Proactol. Gas, bloating, loose stools and abdominal discomfort represent the main issues signaled so far. In case you don’t take Proactol Plus with enough water, it could also cause constipation due to the fact that its fiber ingredients will absorb the water in the bowel and make the stool dry and difficult to eliminate.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Dan1977

Post by Dan1977 » Wed, 18 Feb 2015 12:50 pm

Lost a friend's health to slimming pills. She took up a hardcore slimming regimen where the clinic gave her a 'liquid medicine' and controlled her diet. The concoction they gave her burned her esophagus. She ended up with severe infection and a throat problem that resulted in permanent damage to her taste buds. She can no longer eat any kind of spice for the rest of her life. Also, her food pipe's choked for life, she has to take super miniature bites and has to eat in small child's portion otherwise she starts choking.
If you want to lose weight start with lifestyle and food change along with mild work out (which you can increase with time)
There is no short cut. If these pills worked there would be no obese people in the world

vanessajoy

Post by vanessajoy » Fri, 27 Feb 2015 4:53 pm

rochelletan wrote:Hi I am currently on slimming treatments and i am happy with the results, already lost 4kg on 3rd session. :P
Impressive! Am really considering Shou Slimming, pm me the details please?

Nihility
Regular
Regular

Post by Nihility » Fri, 27 Feb 2015 9:32 pm

Those that resort to quick fix, easy solutions, are just lazy slobs. Get off your fat a$$ and work hard like the rest of us.

vanessajoy

Post by vanessajoy » Fri, 20 Mar 2015 10:18 am

Nihility wrote:Those that resort to quick fix, easy solutions, are just lazy slobs. Get off your fat a$$ and work hard like the rest of us.
Hi there, everyone are entitled to their opinions and lead their lives their own way. There is no need to be harsh here. :P

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 20 Mar 2015 11:23 am

vanessajoy wrote:
Nihility wrote:Those that resort to quick fix, easy solutions, are just lazy slobs. Get off your fat a$$ and work hard like the rest of us.
Hi there, everyone are entitled to their opinions and lead their lives their own way. There is no need to be harsh here. :P
I though it was pretty mild, frankly. In my opinion they are lazy AND stupid as the side effects of pills are extremely dangerous. ](*,)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 20 Mar 2015 11:35 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
vanessajoy wrote:
I though it was pretty mild, frankly. In my opinion they are lazy AND stupid as the side effects of pills are extremely dangerous. ](*,)
Frankly it is their own body so it is their right to do whatever they want to their body. The world wide web is full of information and the dangers of pills are already presented loud and clear so if they want to do it, who are we to stop them? Why stop Darwinian law for this?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 20 Mar 2015 1:45 pm

Because they might have a chance to breed before Darwin's law kicks in? :mrgreen:

Nihility
Regular
Regular

Post by Nihility » Fri, 20 Mar 2015 4:40 pm

vanessajoy wrote:
That's true. Some just express it with gusto.

Nonetheless, psychologists raise concerns about quick-fix solutions to all of life's problems (and desires). Typically, individuals with a weight issue, have reached such a point because of certain lifestyle choices. You cannot undo a lifestyle choice by swallowing a tablet, darling. This takes old fashioned ways like: honesty, confidence, determination and resilience and quite possibly in that order :)

I wish you luck with your pill dropping; just be careful, Singapore is tough on users. Oh that's right, these are legal. The irony... :lol:

vanessajoy

Post by vanessajoy » Fri, 27 Mar 2015 3:00 pm

Nihility wrote:
vanessajoy wrote:
That's true. Some just express it with gusto.

Nonetheless, psychologists raise concerns about quick-fix solutions to all of life's problems (and desires). Typically, individuals with a weight issue, have reached such a point because of certain lifestyle choices. You cannot undo a lifestyle choice by swallowing a tablet, darling. This takes old fashioned ways like: honesty, confidence, determination and resilience and quite possibly in that order :)

I wish you luck with your pill dropping; just be careful, Singapore is tough on users. Oh that's right, these are legal. The irony... :lol:
Hi Nihility,

Yes i understand where you are coming from. anyway i was not talking about the pills. I was referring to slimming treatments.. I in fact are not in favour of slimming pills because i have a relative who took them once and gave up halfway because there were no visible results. Slimming treatments use high technology machines which are able to break down stubborn fats. and while maintaining a healthier lifestyle accompanied with these treatments, we will see great results.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 27 Mar 2015 4:54 pm

vanessajoy wrote: Hi Nihility,

Yes i understand where you are coming from. anyway i was not talking about the pills. I was referring to slimming treatments.. I in fact are not in favour of slimming pills because i have a relative who took them once and gave up halfway because there were no visible results. Slimming treatments use high technology machines which are able to break down stubborn fats. and while maintaining a healthier lifestyle accompanied with these treatments, we will see great results.
BULL CRAP. Fools and their money are soon parted! The only thing that is stubborn is the fat person who still thinks there is an easy way out. There isn't. The sooner you learn that, the more chances of actually losing the weight AND keeping it off.