Singapore Expats Forum

26 F moving to Singapore

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
Pominoz

Postby Pominoz » Thu, 07 Mar 2013 5:25 pm

Oh great thanks for the heads up :)

Dar88

Postby Dar88 » Tue, 12 Mar 2013 8:09 pm

howdy ashley! haha have u gotten urself the confirmed accommodations and all? im 25/M, feel free to email me at darwis_s@hotmail.com.. we could all go for a drink or movie or some sightseeing! whoo! lookin forward to hearing from u

samj123

Postby samj123 » Sun, 24 Mar 2013 4:47 am

Hey Ashley,

I'm also heading out to singapore to work at the beginning of April and it would be good to meet new people. I'm 24/m/UK.
Feel free to email me - sam.johnston1988@gmail.com and we can arrange something when were out there.

Sam

Pominoz

Postby Pominoz » Tue, 26 Mar 2013 4:49 pm

Hi Dar and Sam, thanks for your posts :) I can't believe 1 week today I'll be on the plane :) I'm so excited now!!
Yup accommodation all sorted at least temporarily, so looking forward to arriving :)

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Tue, 26 Mar 2013 5:03 pm

I was wondering when you'll be coming back here again. Looking forward to meeting you, Pominoz.

JustSee, shall we welcome her in style? I'll be her host. But you're paying for everything though. :P
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

Pominoz

Postby Pominoz » Tue, 26 Mar 2013 5:22 pm

Hi Akimbo, haha good old Internet provider killed my Internet 2 weeks early, so I've been struggling to get online. In style? What kind of style? :p looking forward to meeting you too, will you be hosting another trip out on your weekenders thread soon?

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Tue, 26 Mar 2013 10:16 pm

Nah, nothing posh...if that's your thing, then I bid you adieu... :lol:

I will plan something depending on my group's mood...but if nobody suggest or leans towards something near a weekend (or the next) I will make something up. Most prolly a Sunday brunch (buffet) unless Poc4hontas from 30's club is already making something up in her thread.
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

laurak22

Postby laurak22 » Wed, 27 Mar 2013 10:20 am

Hi Ashley!

I moved to Singapore a couple of months ago from Sydney (i'm also from the UK) so we have something in common! would be lovely to meet up - if you can send PMs maybe you can msg me your email address?

Thanks

Laura

JustSee
Regular
Regular

Postby JustSee » Wed, 27 Mar 2013 11:03 pm

Paying? I prefer not to...
Anyway Akimbo. get your "crew" to chip in.

Pominoz

Postby Pominoz » Fri, 29 Mar 2013 7:00 pm

Ha I can be posh when I want but it's not all that I'm about! :p after all I'm a northern lass! Tough as nails and all that...

Brunch sounds good, or anything else, I'll keep a look out :)

laidbackyat

hi there

Postby laidbackyat » Sun, 31 Mar 2013 3:10 am

hey hi,

Glad to hear you are coming to Singapore. It's easy to make friends here...just make a small talk with anyone and ask them any questions you are curious about. Especially those who are working in the service line airport staff, hotel staff, etc etc. I'm sure they will reply you honestly.

anyway have a good stay in Singapore.

cheers :D

shaun84

Postby shaun84 » Sun, 31 Mar 2013 9:15 pm

Hi Ashley,

Have you arrived yet?? There are plenty of people around and always new people arriving looking to make friends... I've been here 5 weeks now so I am always looking to meet new people.

Feel free to drop me an email when you arrive shaun.henry84@gmail.com...

Shaun (UK)

olegkr

Postby olegkr » Mon, 01 Apr 2013 9:48 pm

Hi Ashley,

My name is Oleg, I've been in Singapore for a while but its always great to meet new people :D

I come from Baltics but lived in the UK before moving to Singapore

You can drop me an e-mail: oleg.krasovsky@gmail.com

Pominoz

Postby Pominoz » Wed, 03 Apr 2013 3:15 pm

Hey, yep I've arrived! Last night, around midnight, good old Melbourne airport delays...looking forward to being able to meet everyone who's contacted me :)

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Wed, 03 Apr 2013 3:38 pm

Once you're settled in, let's meet Pominoz.

By the way, I'm going with SGSlinger from the 30's club this Friday (5/4) for drinks. You can start meeting new people there.

Holland Village. Find the Circle Line Holland Village MRT (Yellow MRT line) at 7 pm.