PR Approved :)

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
maidsrch

PR Approved :)

Post by maidsrch » Thu, 28 Feb 2013 12:22 pm

I am very pleased to inform on this board that our PR application has been approved after a waiting period of 8 months.
Our profile - husband and wife both Indians, PEP holders, 1 daughter and combind annual income little over 200K.
We had 2 NOAs at the time of applying. We did not have company sponshorship and my husband had applied on his own merit.
PR has been granted to all 3 of us.

One question to the members here - the approval letter states that we are eligible to apply for citizenship in 2 years time.
Is this standard verbiage on all approval letters? Please share your thoughts.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 4

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 28 Feb 2013 12:45 pm

Yes, that is pretty much standard. However, you will note that is only says "eligible to apply" not necessarily "in principle approval". So please, don't take that as a "sure thing" to gain citizenship. Good luck though.

and congratulations.
Life isn't about avoiding the bruises. It's about collecting the scars to prove we showed up for it!

maidsrch

Post by maidsrch » Thu, 28 Feb 2013 1:16 pm

Thanks SMS.

sdkks

Post by sdkks » Fri, 01 Mar 2013 1:28 am

Congratulations.

Mine's been waiting over 6 months (187 DAYS 10 HOURS 23 MINUTES 56 SECONDS 36 SPLITSECONDS ), it feels so boring to wait that I even made a small programme for excel to see how long it has been. :P

Not being rejected quickly is a relief, but when it is over 6 months, it makes you anxious. Feels good to know 8 months waited application can be approved too.

I was working as a midlevel technical executive in my country, I applied with sponsorship of my wife, even if i'm not desparate, I'm still worried. I don't know why it is taking so long.

greymatter

Post by greymatter » Sat, 02 Mar 2013 11:08 pm

6 months and waiting...

Wd40
Director
Director

Post by Wd40 » Sat, 02 Mar 2013 11:55 pm

sdkks wrote:Congratulations.

Mine's been waiting over 6 months (187 DAYS 10 HOURS 23 MINUTES 56 SECONDS 36 SPLITSECONDS ), it feels so boring to wait that I even made a small programme for excel to see how long it has been. :P

Not being rejected quickly is a relief, but when it is over 6 months, it makes you anxious. Feels good to know 8 months waited application can be approved too.

I was working as a midlevel technical executive in my country, I applied with sponsorship of my wife, even if i'm not desparate, I'm still worried. I don't know why it is taking so long.
Program or excel formula? You can't call such a teeny weeny thing a program :P

BTW, its "Program" as in computer program. Programme is like a TV programme :)

sdkks

Post by sdkks » Sun, 03 Mar 2013 2:32 am

You can embed codes into excel sheets, as an extra to formulas, after you right click on the sheet itself. :cool:

When I studied English many years ago, my "Langenscheidt" dictionary mentioned that programme is a French word, can be used too.

I don't have it now, here what wiktionary says
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/programme
UK: programme is used in all cases except for computer code, in which case program is generally used. Older sources may use programme for computer code.

I guess "me" part is trimmed by time because it is not pronounced in English.

I even programmed a serial communication protocol for a set of very basic level of microcontrollers that does not have any sort of native communication interface when I was a student. That was small in size too, but had an elegant thought in the way it was made. I rather call it program than code or script.

Wd40
Director
Director

Post by Wd40 » Sun, 03 Mar 2013 3:32 am

sdkks wrote:You can embed codes into excel sheets, as an extra to formulas, after you right click on the sheet itself. :cool:

When I studied English many years ago, my "Langenscheidt" dictionary mentioned that programme is a French word, can be used too.

I don't have it now, here what wiktionary says
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/programme
UK: programme is used in all cases except for computer code, in which case program is generally used. Older sources may use programme for computer code.

I guess "me" part is trimmed by time because it is not pronounced in English.

I even programmed a serial communication protocol for a set of very basic level of microcontrollers that does not have any sort of native communication interface when I was a student. That was small in size too, but had an elegant thought in the way it was made. I rather call it program than code or script.
You are talking about VBA macros, I see :)
You could just do it with simple formula in an excel cell

=NOW()-"29/6/2012"

i.e. 247 days

BTW, 29th Jun 2012 is when I applied and still waiting, so yours isnt that bad :)

sdkks

Post by sdkks » Sun, 03 Mar 2013 5:23 am

I knew the function already. My point is different. Extra code use is necessary when functions are not enough.

8 months and counting, now this is a testing wait. Let's hope this doesn't become a trend with ICA, applications waiting to reach a year.

Wd40
Director
Director

Post by Wd40 » Sun, 03 Mar 2013 9:29 am

sdkks wrote:I knew the function already. My point is different. Extra code use is necessary when functions are not enough.

8 months and counting, now this is a testing wait. Let's hope this doesn't become a trend with ICA, applications waiting to reach a year.
It is a trend already. Most Indian applicants are made to wait 8-9 months in the past 1 year. No matter how good or bad the applicant is. Some have got rejected and some approved.

Pr applications Sponsored by spouse are taking 6 months.

Malaysian Chinese are getting approved a lot quicker, 3-4 months.

Can you write a program that estimates the processing time based on race? There is enough data on this forum to use as input :P

I did a bit of playing around with data mining in SQL server that uses predictive analysis, few years ago. That can find good use here :)

sdkks

Post by sdkks » Sun, 03 Mar 2013 12:49 pm

I could if ICA wasn't an unpredictable mystery. My wife is local Indian, I'm Turkish, she's sponsoring, I dont know if they have anything against this.