Singapore Expats

Tips for a Newbie to plastic surgery.

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
melbites

Tips for a Newbie to plastic surgery.

Post by melbites » Thu, 28 Feb 2013 1:26 am

Hi all!

I will be having my virgin plastic surgery late march this year in hatyai.

I will be getting a rhinoplasty, but i don't really know what i should do or should not do prior and after the surgery. :?

Anyone can share with me their experiences, dos & don'ts?

That would be greatly appreciated!

:D

katlheenlim

Post by katlheenlim » Thu, 28 Feb 2013 1:40 pm

Listen and follow your surgeon's instructions. It may sound trivial but it's really important that you listen to it. Avoid smoking 2 or 3 weeks before the surgery, stay away from alcoholic stuff and ask your surgeon what are the medications that you need to stop taking before the surgery. Following this instruction will help you during your recuperation period. Trust me, it will really help.

In the day of surgery, you should arrange for someone to drive for you after the surgery. You will be slightly groggy around this time, so make sure that you avoid doing things by yourself. Having someone around to assist you will protect you from encountering any minor accidents that could cause damage to your nose.

Wishing all the best on your surgery :)

melbites

Post by melbites » Sat, 02 Mar 2013 2:53 am

ahh i see thank you very much for your reply!
I would be doing it overseas so I'm abit worried about the travelling and after-care part.

but thank you! :D

katlheenlim

Post by katlheenlim » Fri, 08 Mar 2013 4:24 pm

Best of luck with your surgery.

It would be great if you will update us after the surgery.

i mean post some thread one or two? so some member would benefit from your experience.

thanks. :D

nanaliew

Post by nanaliew » Sat, 09 Mar 2013 9:33 pm

sorry to hop on your thread, but was wondering if it was okay to travel by coach back to KL 2 days after rhinoplasty? I don't really mind being stared at but I do realise it's a long 13-14 hour ride. Will it aggravate swelling /cause pain if I travel so soon after? Thanks for advance :)

katlheenlim

Post by katlheenlim » Thu, 14 Mar 2013 5:29 pm

Hi nanaliew,

Some patients arranged and spend overnight at the hotel before going back home. In this way, you could take a rest and you will not cause unnecessary complications with your surgery. And since, you will not be going back to work the day after the surgery, if you are working, then staying in the hotel
is a great idea.

However, you could always ask your surgeon about this, if it's okay to travel 14 hour ride after the surgery.

Hope this helps. :)