Singapore Expats

27/F just arrived from Chicago!

New here? Don't be shy. Introduce yourself here and expand your social network!
darkvagrant

Re: 27/F just arrived from Chicago!

Post by darkvagrant » Wed, 27 Mar 2013 5:16 pm

Welcome to Singapore! 26/M here from Singapore, been living overseas most of my life rather than the opposite.. haha. But I have the in-outs of the country that only locals could have, let me know if I can help in any way :)
BBoll wrote:Hi all, 27/F, I just arrived in Singapore yesterday from Chicago, on my own, and would love to meet people to join me in exploring the city!

I am generally up for any sort of activity…
- brunch (favourite!)
- athletics (particularly enjoy running, yoga, and a newbie to rock climbing)
- tours (for any other newbies out there!)
- trying new restaurants (the Chicago restaurant scene turned me into a wannabe foodie!)
- happy hours
- concerts
- sport watching
- anything else!

Start work on Monday but no plans otherwise. If you're new in town too or wouldn't mind a tag along for any sort of activity please let me know! PM me or please leave your email - I'm also brand new to this forum and can't PM quite yet…

Bethany

jaydub

Post by jaydub » Sun, 31 Mar 2013 4:39 pm

I am new to Singapore as well. I leave for California for 3 weeks tomorrow but when I am back on 28 Apr I would like to meet other expats. Drop me a line at [email protected]

cheers,

Jeff
You richly deserve a lifetime of lasting memories

mosdef

bball

Post by mosdef » Sun, 31 Mar 2013 9:49 pm

I would like to thank chicagoans for the bulls beating the heat. well done.

dsearch4et

Post by dsearch4et » Fri, 26 Apr 2013 12:42 am

Hey, im looking for people to hang out with too. You can email me at [email protected] if you're organizing something. thanks!

Carlo

Post by Carlo » Mon, 29 Apr 2013 2:20 am

Moving to Singapore in just over a week, would like to meet new friends, also any fellow Londoners. Please email me if you are organising any events [email protected]

Many thanks

kinsmant

LOVE TO JOIN IN

Post by kinsmant » Tue, 30 Apr 2013 4:03 pm

Hi guys,

26/M been her a week or so and keen to meet a few people, grab a coffee, lunch, brunch, beer etc...

If you guys have plans for the weekend would be great to tag along, my email is [email protected]

Cheers,

Tom

Clauclau

Post by Clauclau » Sat, 11 May 2013 3:42 pm

hi everyone!

I am 27/F (spanish) who recently arrived in Singapore from London!I am working here, and I am looking to meet some new friends, hang out, go for drinks, practice yoga and other sports, exploring around ...As Singapore is not that cool when you don't know much people !

Let me know if you organise something! PM please!

fireroad01

Post by fireroad01 » Sun, 12 May 2013 4:59 pm

28/m from San Diego in Singapore for the next 2 months. Open to grabbing drinks, foods, and other exploring. I've been doing stuff on my own but looking for more people in the same boat.

PM me or email me at fireroad01@yahoo

Atasiakk

Post by Atasiakk » Sun, 26 May 2013 6:35 pm

Hi Bethany,

26/F and been here for a while :) I like most of the things that u do ! Feel free to drop me a note and we can catch up!

Ana
Last edited by Atasiakk on Thu, 05 Sep 2013 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clauclau

Post by Clauclau » Fri, 31 May 2013 8:35 pm

Hi Bethany, can't reply your PM as i am still quite new here, my email: claudia.iglesias.c at gmail dot com

Stevie_W
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Stevie_W » Tue, 04 Jun 2013 8:02 pm

This thread seems to be quite old but if there's any activities going on that's open to all and you don't mind someone else taking the limelight ;) then let me know.
Just arrived yesterday and don't know anyone in this strange place yet, so would always be up for meeting new people.
Cheers
Stevie

Weekender

Post by Weekender » Thu, 06 Jun 2013 7:15 pm

Hi Steve,

Your post was timed perfectly. I am in Singapore for the week for a business trip and will be looking to see the city over the weekend. BI haven't beeen to the city before, so would love to catch up with someone else to see a few of the touristy attractions if you're keen to join me.

Cheers.

Stevie_W
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Stevie_W » Thu, 06 Jun 2013 9:50 pm

Hi weekender
Sounds good. Only thing is I will be viewing some apartments on Saturday. So I'll only be available on Friday night, Saturday afternoon onwards (not sure from what time) and Sunday. Don't know if that fits in with your plans or not. Drop me a message and we'll work something out.
Stevie

Weekender

Post by Weekender » Sat, 08 Jun 2013 7:36 am

Hi Steve,

Good luck with the housing search. My apologies on the delay in getting back to you. Perhaps we should catch up for a beer this evening if your not busy? I was planning on the Singapore Flyer and probably the night Safari on Sunday (on the chance the clouds disappear)

-Weekender

Stevie_W
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Stevie_W » Sat, 08 Jun 2013 2:13 pm

Hi weekender
My no. is 90677873
Drop me a message to arrange a meet up