Singapore Expats Forum

casually bitch about room mates here

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34262
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 25 Feb 2013 5:48 pm

Why don't you two get a room. :P

User avatar
Sergei82
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1455
Joined: Mon, 02 Nov 2009

Postby Sergei82 » Mon, 25 Feb 2013 5:48 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:trolling stones gather no moss come back when you have a nice bitchy roommate

Btw, so I do have means that grant me freedom to choose who to live with. :P

User avatar
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2789
Joined: Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Mon, 25 Feb 2013 8:25 pm

^

you somehow automatically assume I am single, looking for a virgin :-| and never been married. you are wrong on all 3 counts :cool:

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34262
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 25 Feb 2013 11:03 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:^

you somehow automatically assume I am single, looking for a virgin :-| and never been married. you are wrong on all 3 counts :cool:


Ahh. Slummer. Married, looking for a beat up whore and been married three times. Got you pegged! Oh, sh*t. Sorry, was lookin' in the mirror. :oops: :lol:

User avatar
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2789
Joined: Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Tue, 26 Feb 2013 9:17 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
rajagainstthemachine wrote:^

you somehow automatically assume I am single, looking for a virgin :-| and never been married. you are wrong on all 3 counts :cool:


Ahh. Slummer. Married, looking for a beat up whore and been married three times. Got you pegged! Oh, sh*t. Sorry, was lookin' in the mirror. :oops: :lol:


:lol:

Girl_Next_Door
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 612
Joined: Thu, 28 Aug 2008

Postby Girl_Next_Door » Tue, 26 Feb 2013 9:45 am

Everyone seems to be distracted to the original topic. Let me share my (previously) nightmarish flatmates

1) Flatshare with a girl and her cat. She smokes all the time at home and she never opens the windows. She is afraid that her cat will jump out (we stayed on the second floor) of the window. Do note that we have an outdoor balcony and I am not a smoker. The whole apartment is constantly smoky with disposable cups used as ashtray everywhere.

2) Flatshare with 2 guys who insists that they are very clean and neat. This is one of the key criteria that was important to me, before I moved in. The apartment is supposed to be shared by 3 of us. Within a month of moving in, one of the guys' gf moved in, and the other guy's gf and her daughter moved in. All these are not discussed or communicated in advance. They just appear in the apartment and both guys insists that they are not tenants, and are only staying over occasionally (their occasional stays becomes 6 out of 7 nights, a week). The apartment feels really crowded. They also plays mahjong 3-4 times a week till wee hours. Needless to say, I moved out after a few months.

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Tue, 26 Feb 2013 8:48 pm

I once sub-let a room to a couple of heroine addicts. Naturally I had no idea when I signed the tenancy. They were high-class Aussie chicks, good looking, well-dressed, pukka references.

Within about a week I knew there was a real problem. I managed to get them out after about two. Let's just say their room was like something from a scene from a horror film*. It took a professional cleaning company two visits to get the room back into any condition to re-let.



* I'll spare you the details.

User avatar
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2789
Joined: Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Tue, 26 Feb 2013 9:32 pm

JR8 wrote:I once sub-let a room to a couple of heroine addicts.


That must have been a real downer. :-|

User avatar
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2789
Joined: Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Tue, 26 Feb 2013 9:37 pm

Girl_Next_Door wrote:Everyone seems to be distracted to the original topic. Let me share my (previously) nightmarish flatmates

1) Flatshare with a girl and her cat. She smokes all the time at home and she never opens the windows. She is afraid that her cat will jump out (we stayed on the second floor) of the window. Do note that we have an outdoor balcony and I am not a smoker. The whole apartment is constantly smoky with disposable cups used as ashtray everywhere.

2) Flatshare with 2 guys who insists that they are very clean and neat. This is one of the key criteria that was important to me, before I moved in. The apartment is supposed to be shared by 3 of us. Within a month of moving in, one of the guys' gf moved in, and the other guy's gf and her daughter moved in. All these are not discussed or communicated in advance. They just appear in the apartment and both guys insists that they are not tenants, and are only staying over occasionally (their occasional stays becomes 6 out of 7 nights, a week). The apartment feels really crowded. They also plays mahjong 3-4 times a week till wee hours. Needless to say, I moved out after a few months.


1. her cat must have got nicotine cravings from 2nd hand smoke by now.
I was once a smoker myself but I never did smoke in the house, I used to smoke outside no matter what the case was. Its disgusting even for smokers to walk into a musty room filled with cigarette stank everywhere.

2nd case sounded pretty bad compared to the first one, its a classic case of the camel and the Arab.

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Tue, 26 Feb 2013 10:55 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:
JR8 wrote:I once sub-let a room to a couple of heroine addicts.


That must have been a real downer. :-|


There is a lot of mythology about drugs, including that 'Class A' (hard) drugs instantly turn you into a dribbling wretch. The fact is they don't, and it is still possible to be a heroine addict for 20+ years and appear to be a fully functioning adult. I have known a few in my time.

An alternative view is in the words of Lemmy (Motorhead): 'Heroine is the only drug I've seen kill people. First it turns you into a thief and a whore, and then you die with an embolism in your arm. I don't think so: My advice to kids is just don't do it'.

I know people who have become heroine addicts (including my best friend of years from school), who later became a 'rock star' and just lost his way in that scene. He would be in his 40s now and I don't even know if he's still alive.

User avatar
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2789
Joined: Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 08 Oct 2014 3:39 pm

just found this thread while searching through the threads I've made before
:lol:
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

bgd
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1176
Joined: Wed, 25 Jul 2007

Postby bgd » Wed, 08 Oct 2014 4:24 pm

So how is your roommate's wife?

User avatar
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2789
Joined: Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 08 Oct 2014 4:26 pm

bgd wrote:So how is your roommate's wife?


pregnant!




























I don't live with them anymore, live with the gf now :cool:
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

PNGMK
Director
Director
Posts: 4851
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013

Postby PNGMK » Wed, 08 Oct 2014 9:24 pm

I had a room mate in Singapore who was a nightware.

THe rules were simple, no drugs and no hookers.

Of course the first night I'm out of town he brings something back. He ends up in dispute with her and she locks him out of MY apartment. She then proceeds to trash the place by throwing stuff out of the window into the pool (11 storeys up) including my chess set. At 3am I get a call in china from the security guard asking what the heck is going on. I get a call at 4am from my maid telling me the other guy is asking her to bring over her key and let him in. What to do? No choice so she went over there. The freak hooker ripped off the place. I was missing stuff for months. What's worse is I saw some video later and he had obviously misunderstood the hookers gender.

He's now known as the 'Bishop' in the offshore industry (I never found the bishop pieces in the pool).

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Wed, 08 Oct 2014 10:23 pm

PNGMK wrote:I had a room mate in Singapore who was a nightware.

THe rules were simple, no drugs and no hookers.

Of course the first night I'm out of town he brings something back. He ends up in dispute with her and she locks him out of MY apartment. She then proceeds to trash the place by throwing stuff out of the window into the pool (11 storeys up) including my chess set. At 3am I get a call in china from the security guard asking what the heck is going on. I get a call at 4am from my maid telling me the other guy is asking her to bring over her key and let him in. What to do? No choice so she went over there. The freak hooker ripped off the place. I was missing stuff for months. What's worse is I saw some video later and he had obviously misunderstood the hookers gender.

He's now known as the 'Bishop' in the offshore industry (I never found the bishop pieces in the pool).



Let's lock that one down for posterity :o :lol:


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
  • Looking for room mates
    by TY427 » Fri, 22 Aug 2014 10:39 pm » in Staying, Living in Singapore
    1
    561
    by beppi View the latest post
    Sat, 23 Aug 2014 7:31 pm
  • soccer mates
    by jejesing » Sat, 09 Mar 2013 10:01 pm » in Beauty, Health & Fitness
    5
    1823
    by jejesing View the latest post
    Sun, 17 Mar 2013 1:57 pm
  • Newbie needs some mates
    by ohmz52 » Mon, 16 Dec 2013 2:23 am » in Newcomer's Lounge
    9
    2361
    by kunal.kanade View the latest post
    Sat, 01 Feb 2014 5:16 pm
  • 27/F UK - Just arrived and could do with some mates!
    by Bell-Singas » Sun, 05 Jan 2014 9:10 am » in Newcomer's Lounge
    15
    3657
    by john1986 View the latest post
    Mon, 17 Feb 2014 4:09 pm
  • 36 M Looking for new mates for drinks, sport, etc
    by BenS » Mon, 11 Aug 2014 5:16 pm » in 30's Club
    4
    1892
    by the lynx View the latest post
    Wed, 11 Feb 2015 9:24 am

Return to “Leisure Chat, Jokes, Rubbish”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests