Singapore Expats

dependent pass rejection

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
mannycorlian

dependent pass rejection

Post by mannycorlian » Wed, 20 Feb 2013 1:24 pm

hi! I'm a s-pass holder, working as a nurse in one of the goverment hospital. I applied for dependent pass for my husband and daughter. i got their FIN already but my daughter status is rejected and my husband is still pending. i don't know what is the reason. It may be my salary. I'm afraid that my husband's application would be rejected too. What will I do next? I really want to be with them. but I don't want to loose my job..pls help..your help is much appreciated. thank you

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: dependent pass rejection

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 20 Feb 2013 1:47 pm

mannycorlian wrote:hi! I'm a s-pass holder, working as a nurse in one of the goverment hospital. I applied for dependent pass for my husband and daughter. i got their FIN already but my daughter status is rejected and my husband is still pending. i don't know what is the reason. It may be my salary. I'm afraid that my husband's application would be rejected too. What will I do next? I really want to be with them. but I don't want to loose my job..pls help..your help is much appreciated. thank you
The changes, from 1 September 2012 are as follows:

S Pass and Employment Pass (EP) holders need to earn a fixed monthly salary of at least $4,000 to sponsor the stay of their spouses and children here.
http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/ ... fault.aspx
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

mannycorlian

Post by mannycorlian » Wed, 20 Feb 2013 1:57 pm

Is there any other options for them to be with me in sg? Should i just apply for short term visit pass?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 20 Feb 2013 2:06 pm

Unless you are earning more than $4K basic salary, it's not going to happen. The most you will get is a standard Social Visit Pass of whatever length is allowed to your country of origin. It sucks, but that's the new rules. They are not interested in bringing in anybody that doesn't add to the GDP of the nation, but only helps overload the infrastructure. What to do? Bite the bullet and work here alone and take a trip home occasionally, or pack up and return home if you cannot stand to work separated from your family for extended periods of time. I know it's rough, but there's naught you can do about it.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Wed, 20 Feb 2013 9:08 pm

mannycorlian wrote:Is there any other options for them to be with me in sg? Should i just apply for short term visit pass?
instead of DPs, your spouse can try to find work and apply for a work pass and your child can apply for a student pass to study here.

mannycorlian

Post by mannycorlian » Wed, 20 Feb 2013 9:12 pm

Thank you to all. Your answers are truly appreciated