Singapore Expats

EAGLES GATHERING 2013

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Wed, 06 Mar 2013 9:08 pm

nutnut wrote:I don't think it'll be his kind of thing, I think we are going for rooftop cocktails then a fancy meal somewhere expensive - life of a Chief Officer huh? At least I get to benefit! ;)
Otherwise known as Orchard Towers.......

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 06 Mar 2013 9:29 pm

Top Ten here we come! :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Thu, 07 Mar 2013 6:27 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
Addadude wrote:You need to issue a special invite OSOD for this prestigious occasion. I'm sure he and Sergei82 would have lots to talk about.
Please shoot a video of the "festivities".
Then dub over the Benny Hill Theme to it.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Thu, 07 Mar 2013 10:13 am

Mi Amigo wrote:Oh yeah, I remember now! (The beer and Saint's excellent sake blurred my memory). The discussion was around people being able to take cats on planes (which I think is ridiculous FWIW) and IIRC zeenit is severely allergic to them. But I still don't know what it was that Sergei said that upset her so much. :???:
Without any second thought and intention to offend anybody I told her (as far as I remember) something about me liking cats, that I had a lot of cats before and thinking about getting one here, in Singapore. Her reaction was a surprise to me. Being allergic to cats is one thing, being freaked out about somebody talking about cats is different thing.
Then x9200 went to ask her whether she is upset bcuz I was talking about cats, and she disappeared without saying anything.

No, I will give her my apologies if she is there, but what could I do - I'm not a psychiatrist to be able to diagnose such a behavior before it happened.

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Thu, 07 Mar 2013 11:08 am

BillyB wrote:
nutnut wrote:I don't think it'll be his kind of thing, I think we are going for rooftop cocktails then a fancy meal somewhere expensive - life of a Chief Officer huh? At least I get to benefit! ;)
Otherwise known as Orchard Towers.......
Hahaha, probably.
nutnut

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Thu, 07 Mar 2013 11:11 am

Sergei82 wrote:
Mi Amigo wrote:Oh yeah, I remember now! (The beer and Saint's excellent sake blurred my memory). The discussion was around people being able to take cats on planes (which I think is ridiculous FWIW) and IIRC zeenit is severely allergic to them. But I still don't know what it was that Sergei said that upset her so much. :???:
Without any second thought and intention to offend anybody I told her (as far as I remember) something about me liking cats, that I had a lot of cats before and thinking about getting one here, in Singapore. Her reaction was a surprise to me. Being allergic to cats is one thing, being freaked out about somebody talking about cats is different thing.
Then x9200 went to ask her whether she is upset bcuz I was talking about cats, and she disappeared without saying anything.

No, I will give her my apologies if she is there, but what could I do - I'm not a psychiatrist to be able to diagnose such a behavior before it happened.
I hate cats.
nutnut

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Thu, 07 Mar 2013 12:11 pm

Sergei82 wrote:

I remember that part of the discussion too and I only wondered whether there was anything else said that I didn't hear, as I was also mystified by the extreme reaction. She must have been having a bad day.

I don't mind cats myself (prefer dogs though as I think they are more loyal), but my wife hates them. In Spain they are considered vermin by some people.
Be careful what you wish for

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Thu, 07 Mar 2013 12:15 pm

I know who likes cats (with tails): OSOD!

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Fri, 08 Mar 2013 9:33 am

Not going to be able to make it tonight, sorry guys... :(

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Fri, 08 Mar 2013 10:08 am

Guys, please clarify...
Streetdirectory shows ths address: 1 Yuan Ching Road
Googe maps show: 25 Mackenzie Rd

Where to go?

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Fri, 08 Mar 2013 10:37 am

It's the Mackenzie Rd address. Search Google Maps for '25 Mackenzie Rd Singapore 228681' and next to the 'pin' in the map you should see Phad Thai. Nearest MRT is Little India. See you there (but don't bring your cat :P ).
Be careful what you wish for

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Fri, 08 Mar 2013 10:41 am

Mi Amigo wrote:It's the Mackenzie Rd address. Search Google Maps for '25 Mackenzie Rd Singapore 228681' and next to the 'pin' in the map you should see Phad Thai. Nearest MRT is Little India. See you there (but don't bring your cat :P ).
My gf may come along at later time to take me away, but she's pretty human, don't worry. :)

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 08 Mar 2013 11:43 am

Sergei82 wrote:
Mi Amigo wrote:It's the Mackenzie Rd address. Search Google Maps for '25 Mackenzie Rd Singapore 228681' and next to the 'pin' in the map you should see Phad Thai. Nearest MRT is Little India. See you there (but don't bring your cat :P ).
My gf may come along at later time to take me away, but she's pretty human, don't worry. :)
I have to prepare some photos of diamond jewellery and other related items for the discussion on International Women's Day.

http://www.rbc.ua/rus/top/show/v-ukrain ... 2012105000
Ã

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Fri, 08 Mar 2013 12:40 pm

Btw, its a very big celebration and a public holiday in Ukraine. Not in here for some reason. :)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 08 Mar 2013 1:23 pm

I never heard of it until this thread.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers