Singapore Expats

EAGLES GATHERING 2013

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 20 Feb 2013 11:48 pm

Well, I would think I need to wait for a reply, don't you? I've invited him to reply either here or to my email. Guess you will know when I know, or shortly thereafter. :wink:

I'm thinking about the weekend of the 1st or 8th either the Friday or the Saturday.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Thu, 21 Feb 2013 1:04 am

Friday 1st March can not (I'll be in an aluminium tube). Other days OK for me.
Be careful what you wish for

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Thu, 21 Feb 2013 9:52 am

8th for me is best!
nutnut

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 21 Feb 2013 12:04 pm

nutnut wrote:I'm good with either, I kinda feel like I'm betrayig Don going to the restaurant he sold, but, I hear they still have the same chef so the food should be as good for sure! I vote Phad Thai.
The service crew are new, when I popped in for dinner last month .. one was very helpful, one was a bit not keen to welcome people passing by ..

Food is same - good as before ...

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 21 Feb 2013 12:42 pm

Haven't heard back from Dan yet, but yeah, the 8th is best for me as well, regardless where we end up.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Thu, 21 Feb 2013 12:53 pm

+1 for 8th, but I'll come again around 9 pm.

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Fri, 22 Feb 2013 9:44 am

I almost forgot: March 8 is International Women's Day or Mother's Day (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internatio ... en%27s_Day). Fortunately, it is not celebrated here, so I do not need to look for explanations for not seeing my gf instead on that day...

alittlerisky
Chatter
Chatter

Post by alittlerisky » Fri, 22 Feb 2013 11:36 am

can I apply to start off as an eagle chick (as in baby eagle, not female eagle!)?
Who? What? How? Why? Where? When? Merde...

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 23 Feb 2013 10:15 am

Phad Thai confirmed late hours okay (midnight or whatever!) Kitchen will close down at midnight and sound will have to come down but otherwise, no problem as before. Happy Hours all night for us. Same Chef, new service crew. And as squirrel indicated, food standards are still great. Dan has indicated that we will reserve the far end of the restaurant as before.

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Sat, 23 Feb 2013 12:16 pm

Excellent, I'm there dude!

Just one suggestion - last time we were at Pad Thai we were all seated around a number of big tables that had been put together. As someone with poor hearing (see the music thread for the likely reasons for this), I found it quite hard to hear what other people were saying. If there's any change to have a more 'cosy' arrangement so we are seated closer to each other that would be great.

Look forward to seeing everyone there.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 23 Feb 2013 12:27 pm

I reckon we can arrange to suit. I don't see any problem there. A lot would depend on how many of our group show up. I've indicated that we have been looking at 10~14 but if enough of the group's members are in town it could be as much as 20, so a lot will obviously depend on how many of the Eagles are in town.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 23 Feb 2013 1:05 pm

Sergei82 wrote:I almost forgot: March 8 is International Women's Day or Mother's Day (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internatio ... en%27s_Day). Fortunately, it is not celebrated here, so I do not need to look for explanations for not seeing my gf instead on that day...
Bring her along. :cool:

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Sat, 23 Feb 2013 1:45 pm

She doesn't like beer. :)

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 23 Feb 2013 3:47 pm

They have a full bar there or she can drink soft drinks or tea. :-)

I was a Tee Totaler till I was 27. Never stopped me from going to bars and enjoying myself though. :cool:

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Sat, 23 Feb 2013 3:55 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I was a Tee Totaler till I was 27.
I admire your fortitude back then. :twisted: