Singapore Expats Forum
 

PR Application -pls advise chance

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
bettywwei
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 11:04 am

PR Application -pls advise chance

Post by bettywwei » Tue, 19 Feb 2013 2:20 pm

this is rejected..
Last edited by bettywwei on Thu, 03 Jul 2014 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
taxico
Director
Director
Posts: 3223
Joined: Sat, 10 May 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Existential dilemma!

Re: PR Application -pls advise chance

Post by taxico » Tue, 19 Feb 2013 2:52 pm

bettywwei wrote:
PEP since Sep 2012

Planning to apply for PR around March 2013 once paid 1nd year of tax
one more time, please!

i don't think taxes are paid in march.

bettywwei
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 11:04 am

Re: PR Application -pls advise chance

Post by bettywwei » Tue, 19 Feb 2013 3:08 pm

taxico wrote:
bettywwei wrote:
PEP since Sep 2012

Planning to apply for PR around March 2013 once paid 1nd year of tax
one more time, please!

i don't think taxes are paid in march.
I see, so if i apply in March, I'd be only having 6 month pay check but no tax record... :o

User avatar
Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 10:23 pm
Location: Kinto Pino

Post by Mi Amigo » Tue, 19 Feb 2013 4:37 pm

Seems very early, why the rush? When does your PEP expire and are you really 100% sure already that you you want to settle PERMANENTLY in Singapore?
Be careful what you wish for

bettywwei
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 11:04 am

Post by bettywwei » Tue, 19 Feb 2013 5:07 pm

Mi Amigo wrote:Seems very early, why the rush? When does your PEP expire and are you really 100% sure already that you you want to settle PERMANENTLY in Singapore?
expiring in sep 2014. Just after so many years moving from one country to another i feel Singapore is good and best fit for me so that i want to settle down and buy a place here.

User avatar
taxico
Director
Director
Posts: 3223
Joined: Sat, 10 May 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Existential dilemma!

Post by taxico » Tue, 19 Feb 2013 5:31 pm

i think your notice of assessment comes in may... even then you've lived for less than 1 year and seeing as you're single... you might want to wait a while longer before applying.

no good property deals at the moment.

User avatar
Saint
Director
Director
Posts: 3535
Joined: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 5:19 pm
Location: The Juban Stand, Boat Quay
Contact:

Post by Saint » Tue, 19 Feb 2013 5:51 pm

bettywwei wrote:
Mi Amigo wrote:Seems very early, why the rush? When does your PEP expire and are you really 100% sure already that you you want to settle PERMANENTLY in Singapore?
expiring in sep 2014. Just after so many years moving from one country to another i feel Singapore is good and best fit for me so that i want to settle down and buy a place here.
PEP lasts for 5 years so if you got in Sept 2012 it will be valid until Sept 2017 as long as you continue to meet the criteria

bettywwei
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 11:04 am

Post by bettywwei » Tue, 19 Feb 2013 6:50 pm

taxico wrote:i think your notice of assessment comes in may... even then you've lived for less than 1 year and seeing as you're single... you might want to wait a while longer before applying.

no good property deals at the moment.
so in that case, do we have an usual recommended staying period before applying?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2970
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 19 Feb 2013 7:09 pm

bettywwei wrote:
taxico wrote:i think your notice of assessment comes in may... even then you've lived for less than 1 year and seeing as you're single... you might want to wait a while longer before applying.

no good property deals at the moment.
so in that case, do we have an usual recommended staying period before applying?
There is no fixed recommended residency period stated, but if you see the application annexure you can see that they would have requested for 3 years tax slips.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests