Singapore Expats

Aircon chemical cleaning.

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
x9200

Aircon chemical cleaning.

Post by x9200 » Tue, 12 Feb 2013 10:01 pm

We use one small aircon unit (standard wall mounted) pretty regularly, say 12h/day @27 deg C, as it is in our kid room. How often do you think it should undergo the chemical cleaning? It was chemically cleaned slightly over 1y ago and today started to leak so I expect another chemical cleaning may be needed.

Brah
Manager
Manager

Post by Brah » Wed, 13 Feb 2013 7:49 am

Hard to say - we had new units that ended up requiring chemical servicing after only a year, but much less usage than yours, more like 2-3 hours a day. Since then we haven't needed it again. But I think this is not a normal case.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Aircon chemical cleaning.

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 13 Feb 2013 10:20 am

x9200 wrote:We use one small aircon unit (standard wall mounted) pretty regularly, say 12h/day @27 deg C, as it is in our kid room. How often do you think it should undergo the chemical cleaning? It was chemically cleaned slightly over 1y ago and today started to leak so I expect another chemical cleaning may be needed.
If it is a split unit, leaks can happen due to simply a clogged drain, or gas leak / low gas.

Anyway, after the clean etc, it is a good idea to put one of those 3M Aircon filters, to remove dust as well ..

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Fri, 15 Feb 2013 10:41 pm

if you have a wet vac, you may be able to hook it up to the drainage outlet/pipe and suck the congealed clog out.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sun, 17 Feb 2013 8:53 am

I don't have a wet vc. I can get a small vacuum pump if necessary but I have the regular maintenance scheduled for the coming week. Let's see what they are going to say.