Singapore Expats

A Good Day to Die Hard ...

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 26 Feb 2013 12:19 am

JR8 wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:I watched Good Day to Die Hard yesterday in Houston.

I spent a day in Houston once, en route to Nicaragua.

Friendly people, good nosh (rib-heaven!), and some fine galleries/museums.

But hot, damned hot. :shock:
I wouldn't be here except for family and friends... the spousal unit's strong desire to return. On the ambiance meter, Houston comes in pretty close to zero. There are lots of beautiful places in Texas... just not here.

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Fri, 01 Mar 2013 10:16 am

Watched the movie yesterday. Did NOT like everything! Such a load of stupid crap! Worse than Die Hard 4 which was already bad enough.

Even "Russians" with very few exceptions speak Russian with disgustingly horrible accent that I cannot even understand without English subtitles. And Chernobyl in the looks like space colony from Dead Space. But those are details, overall - no plot, disgusting movie. By degree of disgustiness it is only beaten by Resident Evil 5 which is not a movie at all, just a set of nonsensical episodes of something ridiculous.

Hopefully, The Last Stand is better. Will watch over weekend.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Fri, 01 Mar 2013 10:39 am

Sergei82 wrote:Watched the movie yesterday. Did NOT like everything! Such a load of stupid crap! Worse than Die Hard 4 which was already bad enough.

Even "Russians" with very few exceptions speak Russian with disgustingly horrible accent that I cannot even understand without English subtitles. And Chernobyl in the looks like space colony from Dead Space. But those are details, overall - no plot, disgusting movie. By degree of disgustiness it is only beaten by Resident Evil 5 which is not a movie at all, just a set of nonsensical episodes of something ridiculous.

Hopefully, The Last Stand is better. Will watch over weekend.
Last Stand is considerably better :)

As you can tell I am all over the high-brow cultural movies!!
Life is short, paddle harder!!