Singapore Expats Forum

Visa for six-month internship

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Purbeck

Visa for six-month internship

Postby Purbeck » Wed, 06 Feb 2013 4:41 am

HI,

I'm a German undergraduate student and I would like to do a six-month internship in Singapore. This internship is part of my degree and I have already found a German company which plans to hire me.

In the past the company's interns had the Working Holiday Pass during their stay in Singapore. Unfortunately this does not work for me because I'm 26 years old and according to my research on the MOM's website they changed the age limit from 30 years to 25 years in 2012.
Additionally it seems that the Training Employment Pass is now limited to a duration of 3 months.

Is there any other possibility to get a visa for a six-month internship in Singapore?
Thanks for your help! :)

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Visa for six-month internship

Postby the lynx » Wed, 06 Feb 2013 3:44 pm

Purbeck wrote:HI,

I'm a German undergraduate student and I would like to do a six-month internship in Singapore. This internship is part of my degree and I have already found a German company which plans to hire me.

In the past the company's interns had the Working Holiday Pass during their stay in Singapore. Unfortunately this does not work for me because I'm 26 years old and according to my research on the MOM's website they changed the age limit from 30 years to 25 years in 2012.
Additionally it seems that the Training Employment Pass is now limited to a duration of 3 months.

Is there any other possibility to get a visa for a six-month internship in Singapore?
Thanks for your help! :)

Hi, I suggest that for your case, your employer in Singapore needs to contact MOM directly for assistance.

Purbeck

Postby Purbeck » Thu, 07 Feb 2013 6:01 pm

OK, thanks. I have contacted the company and they will ask the MoM about visa possibilities.

joernschneider

Postby joernschneider » Fri, 22 Nov 2013 9:28 pm

Hey,
I am also confronted with this problem. Can you please tell what happened in the end. Could you do an internship for 6 month?
Thanks