Singapore Expats Forum

Adopt an Aussie? 27/M

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
NickR

Adopt an Aussie? 27/M

Postby NickR » Tue, 05 Feb 2013 9:24 am

Hi guys

Can’t say I’ve ever done this before so I am a complete newbie in more ways than one!

Anyway, I am moving to Singapore next weekend (16 February) from Australia and am keen to meet some people.

I’m 27 and work in the legal industry. I grew up in Australia but have lived in the UK previously. I’m pretty outgoing and fun (some might even say a little bit loose). I work hard during the week but I’m always up for drinks and a bit of a party on the weekend. My interests are pretty varied, but I enjoy keeping fit (gym, cycling, and triathlon), music, wine, eating out, shopping and travel.

I’m interested in meeting other like minded guys and girls who are keen to get amongst it and take advantage of all the cool things that Singapore has to offer. If it sounds like we might get along drop me an email to ndrobertson@gmail.com.

Cheers

The Ref
Chatter
Chatter

No problems meeting Aussies in Singapore

Postby The Ref » Tue, 05 Feb 2013 11:02 am

There are Aussies everywhere you go in Singapore who are generally happy to embrace the Noob (this holds true for other nationalities also)

If you like sport, I always found the Roo bar in the Orchard hotel more welcoming than most other "Aussie" bars particularly as it is a small sports bar and less frequented by large groups. BUT you need to make the effort to talk to people. If you are friendly people wil talk to you, if you sit alone they will leave you alone.

Joining ANZA or Joy Riders for cycling - they are very different so do a ride with each to see which you prefer. ANZA is more serious and Joy Riders more relaxed but bigger groups.

Join a sporting club (Rugby / AFL / Soccer - whichever) even as a social member as these are also full of people in your circumstance. If you want a kick start to your Singapore life join Wanderers Rugby club as a social member. http://www.wanderersrfc.sg

When you are here, look for a condo with "the right type of people". For me this meant families with kids the same age as mine - for you it will be different. Dover had a lot of INSEAD students roughly your age from around the world but might be too far from work for you.

Good luck.

xiaoqiqi
Regular
Regular

hmm

Postby xiaoqiqi » Wed, 13 Feb 2013 2:36 am

haha i like your title... i thought there is a dog adoption needed? hahaha
welcome to singapore! :D
need any help?
bored!

AlexSA

Postby AlexSA » Thu, 14 Feb 2013 10:11 pm

Hey... 24, F from SA, I just moved to Singapore on Tuesday!! would love to meet up with other expats and explore the city.

Hope to hear from you

Cherylb24

Hey

Postby Cherylb24 » Sun, 12 May 2013 8:46 pm

Hey, sounds like fun having a couple of drinks over the weekend. Looking to meet new international friends. (: Drop me an email if you're keen.

cheryl_sweetdreams@hotmail.com

lecurly

Re: Adopt an Aussie? 27/M

Postby lecurly » Thu, 16 May 2013 2:34 pm

I enjoy keeping fit (gym, cycling, and triathlon), music, wine, eating out, shopping and travel.

:o

MitulP
Regular
Regular

Postby MitulP » Thu, 23 May 2013 2:12 pm

Hey man.

I might have seen this a bit late in the day.

How are you settling in? I'd be up for drinks sometime, have you managed to get a group together yet?

I've been here like a year now but everyone keeps moving away so always recycling social groups.

cheers,
Mitul.
27/M from London. Here to meet people.