Singapore Expats

American or British Accent Training Needed Can pay fees also

Want to learn a new language? Find someone who can help here.
findmesk

American or British Accent Training Needed Can pay fees also

Post by findmesk » Mon, 04 Feb 2013 10:00 pm

Hi , I am interested to learn American Accent Or British Accent. I can pay a little Amount as Tuition Fees Also. I am fluent in Speaking English. Need a Trainer to Teach me the Accent. If any one is up for this , Please let me know.
Email me @ [email protected]

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 05 Feb 2013 12:16 am

Trying to find a job on a helpdesk/call centre are we? :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 05 Feb 2013 12:57 am

For the British accent, just stream the BBC World Service.

It is mostly impeccable English, and as they know it's for a global audience they tend to narrate/speak a little more slowly.

[Aside: I remember in the Amazon after weeks out there, in our basha, with a with a British Army Clansman radio for which we got the aerial right up a tree (via crossbow), and we managed to tune into the BBC World Service.

Never has a programme on Medieval wind instruments been so utterly riveting (The next progamme was on distinctions between breeds of pedigree show dogs! lol), the accent alone almost brought tears to my eyes :cool: ]

WanWanWan

Post by WanWanWan » Tue, 05 Feb 2013 8:10 pm

I currently work with helping people overcome speech impediments, which is very much transferable to accent training. However, I won't be in Singapore until May. If you can't find anything sooner and are okay with waiting a few months, contact me and I'm sure we can work something out.