Singapore Expats Forum

Things you like about Singapore?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.

Sponsored by:
AE Logistics - Singapore Movers

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 10 Apr 2013 3:40 pm

Big city didn't impress this ole country boy. But neither did Washington DC or any other city I've ever been in.

gonzales
Regular
Regular

Postby gonzales » Wed, 10 Apr 2013 3:48 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Big city didn't impress this ole country boy. But neither did Washington DC or any other city I've ever been in.

I reckon I might struggle to go back to rural living after all this time.
City living works for me.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 10 Apr 2013 4:39 pm

I'm just the opposite, I'm having a hard time justifying not retiring (money is always the issue I've used and going back to the farm. Though at the moment, a stubbord MiL is the real reason, son will be ORD'd from the Navy in around one month. But I reckon, once I've said enough is enough, I'll do just that. I love it when I do go back and don't see any humans or traffic for a week or more. Just sittin' on the dock with a fishin' line over the side and an isky of cold ones by my feet. (got around 1 km of deepwater shoreline in front of the homestead).

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Thu, 11 Apr 2013 1:00 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote: I love it when I do go back and don't see any humans or traffic for a week or more. Just sittin' on the dock with a fishin' line over the side and an isky of cold ones by my feet. (got around 1 km of deepwater shoreline in front of the homestead).

Sweet!

p.s. Hey next meet-up after you leave, we'll come on over and do it at your place State-side right? :wink:

gonzales
Regular
Regular

Postby gonzales » Thu, 11 Apr 2013 10:00 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I'm just the opposite, I'm having a hard time justifying not retiring (money is always the issue I've used and going back to the farm. Though at the moment, a stubbord MiL is the real reason, son will be ORD'd from the Navy in around one month. But I reckon, once I've said enough is enough, I'll do just that. I love it when I do go back and don't see any humans or traffic for a week or more. Just sittin' on the dock with a fishin' line over the side and an isky of cold ones by my feet. (got around 1 km of deepwater shoreline in front of the homestead).

Heh, yea humans , we're such a royal pain in the ...

BedokAmerican
Chatter
Chatter

Postby BedokAmerican » Sun, 14 Apr 2013 9:01 pm

Although I'm not a huge fan of hot weather all year around, I do like the fact that the weather in Singapore only requires ONE wardrobe!!!

No bulky sweaters to take up space in the closet.