Singapore Expats

Pre termination penalty in employment contract

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
lalitpct

Post by lalitpct » Thu, 21 Aug 2014 10:07 pm

not really but am I supposed to ?? .. they threatened me 3 month back that they can get it from police to which I replied ok go ahead.

We have done nothing wrong ..my reply to them is when u terminate without any notice everything in the contract is null and void.

Mom only looks into pass , salary etc issue and not really into contract.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 21 Aug 2014 10:31 pm

Sounds to me like you're f***ed.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 22 Aug 2014 12:35 am

JR8 wrote:Sounds to me like you're f***ed.
which I knew two pages ago ..... :twisted: :twisted:

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 22 Aug 2014 12:54 am

lalitpct wrote:not really but am I supposed to ?? .. they threatened me 3 month back that they can get it from police to which I replied ok go ahead.

We have done nothing wrong ..my reply to them is when u terminate without any notice everything in the contract is null and void.

Mom only looks into pass , salary etc issue and not really into contract.
Fro. what I know police will not reveal your address, i.e the employer can't serve you whatever notice they wanted to serve you that way

since you told them to go ahead, stop fretting and man up to the fact that your trying to play hide and seek is hurting your wife's chance for the next LOC!!!!

lalitpct

Post by lalitpct » Fri, 22 Aug 2014 11:31 am

Mom got the LOC cancelled from the employer :).
They took declaration for below three things from me.
1.Am i still employed there - Reply was no
2.Was there resignation- to which we put a remark there was on the spot termination
3.was notice period served - remark given was employer didnt gave a chance for that.

They didnt listen to employer regarding contract as they highlighted thats a dispute for which they can go to lawyer ,we are only interested to know above things.

within 30 minutes matter got resolved when MOM intervened.

Thanks for all your expert advise and help

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Fri, 22 Aug 2014 11:56 am

Congrats. Can I suggest that you read the next contract carefully :wink:

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 22 Aug 2014 12:47 pm

The bad part is that now that FIN number is probably flagged at MOM and due to the answers given, e.g., termination on the spot, which is usually of a serious nature, may well cause flags when/if applying for a new LoC or even an employment pass. Just sayin'

Good Luck with your future employment here in Singapore. ;-)

Oh, and as was noted, be sure to read ALL the fine print of your next contract, and not just the rate of pay and the number of Annual Leave given.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 22 Aug 2014 1:08 pm

lalitpct wrote:Mom got the LOC cancelled from the employer :).
They took declaration for below three things from me.
1.Am i still employed there - Reply was no
2.Was there resignation- to which we put a remark there was on the spot termination
3.was notice period served - remark given was employer didnt gave a chance for that.

They didnt listen to employer regarding contract as they highlighted thats a dispute for which they can go to lawyer ,we are only interested to know above things.

within 30 minutes matter got resolved when MOM intervened.

Thanks for all your expert advise and help
Good for you. Now, she can work in peace. Be careful with employment contract next time. And be prepared in case the ex-employer is trying to pull some legal mumbo jumbo with you again.