Singapore Expats Forum

Drinks tonight, Clarke quay?

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
Rb85

Drinks tonight, Clarke quay?

Postby Rb85 » Tue, 29 Jan 2013 10:37 pm

Hey all,

Just arrived and massively jet lagged so won't be getting any sleep for a while! Having a few drinks in CQ if anyone is interested in joining, I can only talk to myself for so long!

27/m/uk

alittlerisky
Chatter
Chatter

Postby alittlerisky » Wed, 30 Jan 2013 8:37 am

heh... I've got here about 3-4 weeks ago from Belgium (I'm Irish tho, not a Belge). I don't think I slept either for the first two week. And now I sleep all the time. I seem to either be at work or asleep.

But yer... I'm up for a couple of bevvies at CQ. I've PM's you my mobile number. Err... actually, I managed to lose my mobile last night, so will be getting a new one around lunchtime, hopefully I'll get the same number.
Who? What? How? Why? Where? When? Merde...

Neon09

Postby Neon09 » Thu, 31 Jan 2013 5:11 pm

Damn! read this a day late! Was at CQ just yesterday! I landed from london on 27th .. very new to this place. this country is so clean! Liking it!

alittlerisky
Chatter
Chatter

Postby alittlerisky » Thu, 31 Jan 2013 5:56 pm

I arrived on 3rd Jan, and liking it too.

The Friday night drinking club is pretty fun, I think I've been once or twice (hell, its not called the Friday night drinking...probably why I can't remember how many times I've been).

And I went to the last quiz night at The Bank Bar & Grill, and that was fun too. Altho quizzing and beer don't mix that well a few hours in.

But both the above you can meet some interesting and entertaining peeps.

There's also a a Wednesday night drinking club, but I haven't been as I've been going to my work WNDC instead.

Rb85

Postby Rb85 » Thu, 31 Jan 2013 6:38 pm

Hey, sorry for the slow reply, internet has been playing up and just seen the replies! I'll more than likely be heading out tomorrow (Friday) night, not too sure where yet as I haven't a clue, so if anyone wants to come along that would be cool.

Failing that, I am currently staying in a hotel at CQ so am out and about every night eating and having a drink, so if anyone gets the urge to join me during the week, feel free.

Did you get your mobile sorted littlerisky?

alittlerisky
Chatter
Chatter

Postby alittlerisky » Thu, 31 Jan 2013 6:52 pm

yer... everyone is so honest here. Left it in an internet cafe and the owner called me at work to tell me he had it.

Sent you a PM about ... well.. basically drinking beer... one of my favourite pastimes.

Neon09

Postby Neon09 » Thu, 31 Jan 2013 10:26 pm

Sweet! I might pop in. I'd probably be taking some beer along to the CQ bridge next to the 7-11 (i think that's what its called) with another mate. rb85 - mate is your accommodation sorted? I been living in a hotel in outram park myself. Seems like its quite difficult to find a room here. Missing spareroom :|

alittlerisky
Chatter
Chatter

Postby alittlerisky » Fri, 01 Feb 2013 12:09 am

Neon09 wrote:Sweet! I might pop in. I'd probably be taking some beer along to the CQ bridge next to the 7-11 (i think that's what its called) with another mate. rb85 - mate is your accommodation sorted? I been living in a hotel in outram park myself. Seems like its quite difficult to find a room here. Missing spareroom :|

Nope...still in a hotel. I maybe moving into a shared place (nice room, sharing with a English dude and Japanese g/f) but they've gone holiday for CNY, so wont know until mid feb. But, yer, a bit hard to find something. Having said I was in a hotel for the first 3 weeks here paid by the consultancy who brought me over at 250 bucks a night. But was on my own after than. Found a clean, cheap hotel near Kallang MRT for like 55 bucks a night, which is actually cheaper than rent, so I'm in no hurry...I would point out that my crtiria for the hotel we cheap and not more than 4-5 MRT stop from Raffles. But I am now ... well... Geylang Road is 200 from my hotel. Didn't realise where I'd moved until I got here. Great food locally, and if I was that way inclined, pretty girls who would happily swap the contents of my wallet for the contents of their knickers & bra. But I'm not. Oh well.

alittlerisky
Chatter
Chatter

Postby alittlerisky » Fri, 01 Feb 2013 12:15 am

but yer.... I'm cool with with buying a few cans and doing some "urban drinking" as myself and brother call it. We both skateboard, so tend to just buy cold beers from a local supermarket and skate and drink, until we can't skate anymore, then... errr just drink outside until the last tram home. :roll: