Singapore Expats Forum

Long Term Visit Pass rejection, what to do next?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
vinothkanna

Long Term Visit Pass rejection, what to do next?

Postby vinothkanna » Tue, 29 Jan 2013 8:42 pm

My family including 2 siblings, father and mother are in Singapore. My father is a PR. Me and my brother are in EP. My mother recently moved to Singapore on 2nd Dec 2012. Then applied for LTVP, along with the extension till 1st Feb. Then ICA gave her stay till 28th Feb during the LTVP processing. Now the LTVP is unsuccessful.
1. Is there any way I can appeal it? if so how?
2. The stay given till 28Feb, can I apply for STVP extension as we did not apply for extension through e-Xtend before?
3. If she needs to leave Singapore, when Can she visit Singapore again within this year? Is there any limit to visit Singapore in a year?

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Re: Long Term Visit Pass rejection, what to do next?

Postby Mi Amigo » Wed, 30 Jan 2013 12:36 am

vinothkanna wrote:My father is a PR. Me and my brother are in EP.

I'm wondering whether this might have something to do with it. The question might have occurred as to why the EPs - especially your brother; was this done to avoid NS? If that were the conclusion then possibly the decision would be made not to allow any further family members to stay.
Be careful what you wish for

vinothkanna

Postby vinothkanna » Wed, 30 Jan 2013 10:00 am

Mi Amigo, I'm sorry that me and my brother are already 27 and 29 years old. I do not think this got anything to do with NS.

Thanks for the response.

vinothkanna

Postby vinothkanna » Wed, 30 Jan 2013 10:20 am

Additional info that my fathers PR is expiring in July and he needs to renew his re entry permit. Could that be the reason why my mothers the long term visa was rejected?

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Wed, 30 Jan 2013 10:44 am

Does your father actually live and work in Singapore?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 30 Jan 2013 11:01 am

Nice sleuthing there saint!

vinothkanna

Postby vinothkanna » Wed, 30 Jan 2013 11:05 am

Saint,
Yes my father has been working in Singapore for 15+ years in Singapore and still working.
Thanks

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 30 Jan 2013 11:20 am

I'd say it's pretty obvious, depending on when your father received his PR.

You mother stayed in the home country to raise the children (you and your brother) even though the father had come here and assuming he got his PR 14 years ago (while you and your brother were 15 & 13 years old). After he received PR, why did he not bring you mother and you two boys to Singapore?

The answer is probably, well, if I had brought them to Singapore and gotten them PR then they would have had to do NS. You must think the Gahment here is stupid, yeah? They see right through this. You and your brother can work here, but the three of you are probably never going to see PR and you mother will probably not be given an LTVP either if she was complicit in the ruse to keep you and your brother out of NS.

The Gahmen have a long memory here.

vinothkanna

Postby vinothkanna » Wed, 30 Jan 2013 11:57 am

Sorry, my father is a pr for 5 years only. He didn't get pr before our NS age. This is his first 5 years PR.

Thanks

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 30 Jan 2013 8:44 pm

Well, in that case, it's probably race related would be my guess. But the most logical explanation you just blew out of the water. I really don't have a clue now. sorry.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Thu, 31 Jan 2013 3:16 pm

What is your father income ?
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

vinothkanna

Postby vinothkanna » Thu, 14 Mar 2013 2:11 pm

Is there any salary limit of the sponsor? I think his salary is $2000 per month. If its a concern, how much is the limit?

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Thu, 14 Mar 2013 3:07 pm

vinothkanna wrote:Is there any salary limit of the sponsor? I think his salary is $2000 per month. If its a concern, how much is the limit?

To be able to sponsor for LTSVP,the income of the sponsor must be 2500+, some time ago. Not sure if it has been increased now.

lolipop99
Regular
Regular

Postby lolipop99 » Thu, 14 Mar 2013 3:40 pm

I am a PR and I sponsored my parents for LTVP and also got rejected, I earn much more that that if it is the requirement, I think depends on many other factors and not just salary, it is particularly difficult for PRs to bringing dependents now. I am waiting for my citizenship to be approved so I can bring my parents in to live with us, they are old and living alone, but there is no immigration facilities to bring them in now especially for PRs

Wd40
Director
Director

Postby Wd40 » Thu, 14 Mar 2013 7:28 pm

It is safe to assume that salary requirements for PR's to sponsor parents would be the similar to EP holders salary requirements for the same.

Now in case of EP holders the salary requirement to apply for LTSVP for parents is a P1 pass i.e. 12K per month.

We have PRs who have reported in the recent past that with 5k income they havent been able to get approval for LTSVP for their parents.

Although its very clear that they want to reduce the number of dependants of foreigners in Singapore, in case of PR's I guess its the same but its an unwritten rule

My best guess is as PRs you need to make atleast 8k to be able to sponsor parents if not more.