Singapore Expats

Bringing in my own wine selection from abroad

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
taster

Post by taster » Sat, 09 Aug 2003 11:40 pm

Hi,

does anyone know if there are import agents / companies, who will handle the customs paperwork for you if you want to bring in wine from overseas?
My husband and I currently live in Europe and we have a decent selection we would like to bring in for the dinner, but don't know how to go about it with customs. we are willing to pay the duties on it, and whatever the agent charges for all the trouble. If anyone has any ideas/ contacts, we'd be grateful :O

D.Gates

Post by D.Gates » Sun, 10 Aug 2003 12:02 am

Would you be bringing in more than 10Litre of wine? If you can pay tax over the Customs counter if you have got not more than 10L of wine per person. So if you and your partner are coming back together, you can bring in max 20L. You HAVE to pay tax for the wine.

courier

Post by courier » Sun, 10 Aug 2003 9:13 pm

If you're bringing in with you thru airport, you'll end up paying almost $10 per btl over the 1st bottle (duty free limit = 1 wine, 1 hard liquor, 6 pack beer or something like that).

Not too sure if you can send it over by cargo. you should check with courier services and see if they can do it for you. might be less cos it's via cargo.

johnsniper

Re: Bringing in my own wine selection from abroad

Post by johnsniper » Wed, 23 Mar 2022 1:09 am

The question is: how much wine you can bring home that is duty free!? For example, the United States says you can bring it all back... as long as it is for personal consumption (no re-sale).