Singapore Expats Forum

Respondents Needed!

Post here for survey, questionnaire or poll for our expat members.
engsoon
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu, 24 Jan 2013
Location: Singapore

Respondents Needed!

Postby engsoon » Thu, 24 Jan 2013 4:50 pm

I am a lecturer in a polytechnic in Singapore. My students have a market research project to determine the consumer behavior amongst Indian Nationals in regards to health supplement products (vitamins, minerals, supplements). The students will need to conduct survey interviews with these individuals.

The profile of our target group is as follows:
a. Indian Nationals aged 50 and above. Male or female. (friends and relatives of Forum members are most welcomed)
b. He or she need not be consuming vitamins or minerals or supplements presently. (in this case we want to understand their perceptions of health supplements)
c. Have been living in Singapore no more than 4 years. (these we would like to have a face to face interview). If they are not living in Singapore, we will need to connect through Skype or other electronic means.
d. Must be conversant in English. (we do not have interpreter!)

If you, Forum member, fit the above profile and are willing to be interviewed, I would appreciate chatting with you.

If you do not fit the profile but know of individuals who are willing to participate in our survey interview, we would also like to chat and meet up.

My contacts:
Wee Eng Soon
Lecturer in Design
Singapore Polytechnic
Tel: +65-67721722
Email: wee_eng_soon@sp.edu.sg [/b]

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35179
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 24 Jan 2013 4:58 pm

The first thing they will want to know is how much are you gonna pay 'em! If not, good luck. If so, the second question is what are you looking for, so they can tailor their answers to give you the outcome you are looking for. At that point you can toss the whole thing away and just put down what you want and you got just about as much chance of being accurate.

User avatar
proxymoron
Regular
Regular
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat, 15 Oct 2011

Re: Respondents Needed!

Postby proxymoron » Fri, 01 Feb 2013 4:56 pm

engsoon wrote:I am a lecturer in a polytechnic in Singapore. My students have a market research project to determine the consumer behavior amongst Indian Nationals in regards to health supplement products (vitamins, minerals, supplements).[/b]


Aren't you supposed to be doing this in India? or this is for Indian Nationals living in Singapore?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35179
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: Respondents Needed!

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 01 Feb 2013 5:26 pm

proxymoron wrote:
engsoon wrote:I am a lecturer in a polytechnic in Singapore. My students have a market research project to determine the consumer behavior amongst Indian Nationals in regards to health supplement products (vitamins, minerals, supplements).[/b]


Aren't you supposed to be doing this in India? or this is for Indian Nationals living in Singapore?


So you are having a bit of a reading comprehension problem, yeah?

engsoon wrote:c. Have been living in Singapore no more than 4 years. (these we would like to have a face to face interview). If they are not living in Singapore, we will need to connect through Skype or other electronic means.

User avatar
proxymoron
Regular
Regular
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat, 15 Oct 2011

Re: Respondents Needed!

Postby proxymoron » Mon, 04 Feb 2013 4:14 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:So you are having a bit of a reading comprehension problem, yeah?



Guess so :( , English beats me.
And I still didnt get the target audience. And my granda had told me never leave things to assumption :roll: .


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
  • Thai teacher needed
    by Mutisso » Thu, 14 Nov 2013 5:31 pm » in Language Exchange
    2
    1559
    by bangornm View the latest post
    Sun, 16 Feb 2014 10:32 pm
  • Suggestions please - gym recommendations needed
    by PrimroseHill » Tue, 26 Nov 2013 2:22 pm » in Staying, Living in Singapore
    1
    1228
    by Fortan View the latest post
    Tue, 26 Nov 2013 2:25 pm
  • investment adviser needed
    by Mutisso » Sat, 07 Dec 2013 1:37 pm » in Property Talk, Housing & Rental
    16
    4208
    by JR8 View the latest post
    Wed, 11 Dec 2013 7:53 pm
  • Cat Sitter Urgently Needed
    by velenoedera » Mon, 09 Dec 2013 9:16 pm » in General Discussions
    5
    2492
    by velenoedera View the latest post
    Wed, 11 Dec 2013 1:08 pm
  • Local babysitter needed
    by Natalja » Tue, 10 Dec 2013 5:48 pm » in Parenting, Family & Schools
    1
    1584
    by maira22 View the latest post
    Wed, 18 Dec 2013 11:15 am

Return to “Surveys”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests