Singapore Expats Forum

PR Application - Planning in 2014

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
mdaspro

PR Application - Planning in 2014

Postby mdaspro » Wed, 23 Jan 2013 6:45 pm

Hi
I have been checking this forum for a while.

Even though my profile is not good enough, just checking with your experienced knowledge.

1. Myself – 35 Yrs Male, Engineer, Working in MNC (Oil & Gas), 12 Yrs Exp. PMP certified, Pursuing Masters Degree at NTU. Currently on training in Overseas (EDB supported - in return I will have 2 yrs bond of working in Singapore).

2. Been here since 2010 Nov. Expecting to apply – Mid of 2014 (by the time I will have 3 tax assessment)

3. Pass – P2 (high end). Expecting to be P1 by next year at the time of application (if present P1 conditions remain same)

4. Wife – 35 Yrs, Degree, Completed diploma in Singapore (Distinction). Planning for Degree. On DP (working with LoC)

5. Household income – 100K+ pa (expecting to rise)

6. Race – Indian *

7. Children – 2 daughters** (studying in local school, one of the top in class)

* I know that my race is not favorable at current scenario. But I do admit that due to my fellow countrymen, the situation has got worsen. I know personally that some of them (not all) have abused the system. Totally agree. But SG Govt should scrutinize who deserve to have it. My opinion is that SG Govt should cancel the renew of the the PRship of whomsoever abused the system.

**Also I know that having daughter is not favorable (based on on-going discussion on this forum, not SG Govt opinion though). But again, I am proud of my daughters. Even though SG Govt. doesn't inform the reason of rejection, but if SG Govt rejects my application because of having daughter, I would happily accept that and I would not aspire of having SG PR again anymore.

Thanks.

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Postby offshoreoildude » Wed, 23 Jan 2013 7:38 pm

You'd be a good candidate in many oil and gas friendly countries - Canada / Australia / USA. Screw Singapore if they don't want you.
Now I'm called PNGMK