Singapore Expats

LTVP ( letter from embassy)

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Christi123

LTVP ( letter from embassy)

Post by Christi123 » Wed, 23 Jan 2013 3:36 am

Hi,

My partner has recently been issued with an PEP and my daughter a DP. However, my application for a LTVP was sent back as we did not submit a letter confirming our common law marriage.

I know that it clearly states that is what required on the application. However, after contacting the High Commission we were advised that there was an agreement between the two countries and therefore, not required.

This is clearly not the case and now I am getting a little stressed to say the least. I have to re submit my application and supporting docs by the 16th Feb.

Can anybody please advise me who to approach for this letter??

Could I possibly arrive in Singapore and seek entry as a short term visitor and then apply in country?

Any help or advice from most appreciated.

Thanks

Christy

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Wed, 23 Jan 2013 9:37 am

Which country? Which high commission? Did you submit anything? You usually need at least some type of notarized letter affirming the status of your common law marriage. Do a search, there are dozens of similar posts in the past year from those in various commonwealth countries describing what they needed.