Singapore Expats Forum

Goodsex v Sexcrime

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Tue, 22 Jan 2013 5:31 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:No, but it might just have a liberating effect on the possibly 00,000's of closet gays that are leading a heterosexual life for fear of the condemnation (like Rock Hudson did for so many years).

On one hand, I miss living near Holland Village, on the other hand, the selective isolation is kinda nice...

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Tue, 22 Jan 2013 5:44 pm

Top post Smoking-gnu! :lol:

p.s. Edit to add. I wonder if they found SG had a higher rate of depression than Switzerland, they'd launch a 'Joy Division' to combat it [/ironic].

pps Course you're straight Sergei. That's why you feel compelled to tell a bunch of strangers :wink:
Last edited by JR8 on Tue, 22 Jan 2013 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Postby Sergei82 » Tue, 22 Jan 2013 5:49 pm

Why gays suddenly became hot topic of the day in several topics at the same time???

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Postby Sergei82 » Tue, 22 Jan 2013 5:51 pm

Btw, statistically 7% of men ar gays (for comparison, 1-3% of women are lesbians), 50% have sex with another man throughout life at least once, and 97% was thinking of that at least once. I'm probably falling in the last 3%. cuz so far I managed to keep relationships with women.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Postby zzm9980 » Tue, 22 Jan 2013 6:02 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:No, but it might just have a liberating effect on the possibly 00,000's of closet gays that are leading a heterosexual life for fear of the condemnation (like Rock Hudson did for so many years).

And if this is the figurative straw saving Singapore from breaking the camels back, Singapore is already screwed. In the ass.

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Postby offshoreoildude » Tue, 22 Jan 2013 7:26 pm

+1
Now I'm called PNGMK

scarbowl
Chatter
Chatter

Postby scarbowl » Tue, 22 Jan 2013 9:26 pm

Sergei82 wrote:Btw, statistically 7% of men ar gays (for comparison, 1-3% of women are lesbians), 50% have sex with another man throughout life at least once, and 97% was thinking of that at least once. I'm probably falling in the last 3%. cuz so far I managed to keep relationships with women.
Actually, I don't think the data supports 7%. Perhaps that includes anyone who has had a homosexual experience. Here's one that Ms. Google brought up:
SAN FRANCISCO | How many gays are there in the United States? Gary Gates has an idea but acknowledges pinpointing a solid figure remains an elusive task.
Mr. Gates is demographer-in-residence at the Williams Institute on Sexual Orientation Law and Public Policy, a think tank based at the University of California, Los Angeles. For the institute’s 10th anniversary this week, he took a scholarly stab at answering the question that has been debated, avoided and parsed since sex researcher Alfred Kinsey said in the 1940s that 10 percent of the men he surveyed were “predominantly homosexual.”

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Postby offshoreoildude » Tue, 22 Jan 2013 10:55 pm

scarbowl wrote:
Sergei82 wrote:Btw, statistically 7% of men ar gays (for comparison, 1-3% of women are lesbians), 50% have sex with another man throughout life at least once, and 97% was thinking of that at least once. I'm probably falling in the last 3%. cuz so far I managed to keep relationships with women.
Actually, I don't think the data supports 7%. Perhaps that includes anyone who has had a homosexual experience. Here's one that Ms. Google brought up:
SAN FRANCISCO | How many gays are there in the United States? Gary Gates has an idea but acknowledges pinpointing a solid figure remains an elusive task.
Mr. Gates is demographer-in-residence at the Williams Institute on Sexual Orientation Law and Public Policy, a think tank based at the University of California, Los Angeles. For the institute’s 10th anniversary this week, he took a scholarly stab at answering the question that has been debated, avoided and parsed since sex researcher Alfred Kinsey said in the 1940s that 10 percent of the men he surveyed were “predominantly homosexual.”
Now I'm called PNGMK

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Tue, 22 Jan 2013 11:44 pm

offshoreoildude wrote:That's about right. I know about 1000 men, only 2 of them are openly ghey.

Oh, so just you and your husband then?

:lol: :wink: :P

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 23 Jan 2013 9:45 am

Locked for the time being due to the AGC orders.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 23 Jan 2013 1:59 pm

offshoreoildude wrote:To actively live a homosexual life goes directly against the teaching of Christ...

Please do illuminate for the rest of us and give us a quote or two from Jesus concerning homosexuality. Mark or Luke would be fine... as a matter of fact, you're welcome to use books that the church decided not to include in the bible.

It's just that I've read the bible from end to end... and apparently have missed what Jesus had to say on the topic. [/sarcasm off].

OSOD... folks like you, who cherry pick the bible to support their own bigoted beliefs, make me want to puke. What about all the rest of the admonitions in Leviticus that you conveniently choose to ignore?

Bigotry in the name of religious belief is still bigotry.

Return to “General Discussions”