Singapore Expats Forum

Paintball anyone?

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Tue, 22 Jan 2013 10:44 pm

ecureilx wrote:
Akimbo wrote:I mean, come on...the point of playing paint ball is playing War! And it ain't no war without armors...heck, played with only a mask and my shirt on at Red Dynasty. It hurt, but nothing I can't handle.

you should play with real guns mate .. and leave to toys to mere mortals .. like us :)

My Israelian friend is going to take me to the Singapore Gun Club soon...either this weekend or the next...so yeah, let me use that first and then I'll let you know. I won't let my nickname go to waste. :P
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

kamran.khan

Postby kamran.khan » Wed, 23 Jan 2013 10:17 am

Okay, getting back to the intent of this thread, how many would be actually interested? There are a few places to choose from, google will bring them up. Cost would be around 200-250 I guess. But we need to gather at least 12 folks to have a proper game

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Wed, 23 Jan 2013 11:47 am

200 to 250 bux? No way, man...that Red Dynasty if you choose the Rambo pax is only 49.90 (not including GST) for 250 bullets to be used for 3 rounds of combat...

And last year I saw there's a Groupon coupon for paintball in Malaysia costing around 53 bux or something...

Even the Gun Club for using a real handgun with 25 bullets is around 60 bux...what do you get for 250?
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

kamran.khan

Postby kamran.khan » Wed, 23 Jan 2013 12:06 pm

I thought they charge for the entire arena, and not individually. Anyways, 200-250 was the total cost, so it rough comes down to the same, ~25-30

It also depends on what package we opt for. More details here:

http://www.weplaypaintball.com/Prices.html

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Postby offshoreoildude » Wed, 23 Jan 2013 12:12 pm

kamran.khan wrote:Okay, getting back to the intent of this thread, how many would be actually interested? There are a few places to choose from, google will bring them up. Cost would be around 200-250 I guess. But we need to gather at least 12 folks to have a proper game

1. OSOD
2. Kamran
Now I'm called PNGMK

JustSee
Chatter
Chatter

Postby JustSee » Wed, 23 Jan 2013 7:45 pm

Akimbo wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
Akimbo wrote:I mean, come on...the point of playing paint ball is playing War! And it ain't no war without armors...heck, played with only a mask and my shirt on at Red Dynasty. It hurt, but nothing I can't handle.

you should play with real guns mate .. and leave to toys to mere mortals .. like us :)

My Israelian friend is going to take me to the Singapore Gun Club soon...either this weekend or the next...so yeah, let me use that first and then I'll let you know. I won't let my nickname go to waste. :P

Sure, I always need a moving target.
And I'm up for paintball! I event got a mask from the last company event I organized hehe

danielczh
Regular
Regular

Postby danielczh » Thu, 24 Jan 2013 10:27 am

I'll be away for the entire month of February. But if it's scheduled anytime other than that, I'm in.

dream.dance.write

Postby dream.dance.write » Sun, 03 Mar 2013 1:36 am

hi
i have never tried paintball,though i have thoughts of doing so.
just that my girlfriends are not into such activities ..

just a quick question though:
when get "hit",is it too painful that the next day I won't be able to walk? haha. I suppose bruises are probably normal and expected?

Anyway, count me in when you have the session on going, I will make it if time and cost are reasonable.

:)
"dance for the dreamers cocooned"

JustSee
Chatter
Chatter

Postby JustSee » Mon, 04 Mar 2013 3:19 pm

That's the thing DDW,

Paintball here is tweaked that you don't really bruise, or at least not nice purple ones you can show off later.

So I think this is pretty ok for women as well, even the princess types - though you do need to run a bit.

dream.dance.write

Postby dream.dance.write » Mon, 04 Mar 2013 4:02 pm

hahaha... running is not a problem...that's part of the game!

but i thought it will be so brutal that once you get hit, you will be too scarred for life, though I really have a lot of "battlescars" LOL.

cool game. I think I will enjoy it.
"dance for the dreamers cocooned"

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Mon, 04 Mar 2013 4:14 pm

Shall we declare war then?

JustSee
Chatter
Chatter

Postby JustSee » Mon, 04 Mar 2013 7:33 pm

Oh, I am definitely on the opposite team of you.

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Mon, 04 Mar 2013 10:39 pm

Bring it!

JustSee
Chatter
Chatter

Postby JustSee » Mon, 04 Mar 2013 11:58 pm

Oh, It's already been BROUGHT!

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Wed, 06 Mar 2013 4:18 pm

I mean it! When are we going to have this paintball war with the Expats group?