Singapore Expats

Where can I buy tablet PC's etc when visiting Singapore?

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
ferdie

Where can I buy tablet PC's etc when visiting Singapore?

Post by ferdie » Sat, 12 Jan 2013 3:54 pm

I am visiting Singpaore soon on business.
Want to buy tablet PC's and more.
Like Google Nexus 10 for instance.
Where do I go?
[email protected]
Travel alot for business

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Sat, 12 Jan 2013 4:33 pm

Aside from the larger stores such as Best Denki that you'll find in most large shopping malls, the other common places people go for this kind of stuff are Funan IT Mall and Sim Lim Square.

Before you arrive, I'd recommend that you do a decent amount of research (on Amazon, etc.) and be clear about the specs and appropriate price range for each model on your list. The latter place mentioned above in particular is a bit of a jungle for the uninitiated and many tourists get ripped off there. You need to carefully check exactly what they are selling you (including accessories, warranty, etc.) before parting with your money.

Good luck and enjoy your visit.
Be careful what you wish for

ferdie

Post by ferdie » Sat, 12 Jan 2013 6:56 pm

appreciate the help....thx...will have a look at these places...
Travel alot for business

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sat, 12 Jan 2013 7:18 pm

You may have a hard time finding a Nexus10 here without a serious markup. One other option is to look at the forums on Hardwarezone (forgot exact URL, just google hardwarezone forum) and see what people are selling it for. You can usually tell which posts are from individuals and which are from shops with stock.

ferdie

Post by ferdie » Sat, 12 Jan 2013 9:41 pm

my visit in Singapore will be on my way back from Taipei returning to South Africa....I'll have a look at the prices in Taiwan as well....thx
Travel alot for business

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Sun, 13 Jan 2013 12:19 am

From what I've heard (but I'm willing to be proved wrong), the prices in Taiwan are likely to be cheaper than here. However, you would need to be sure that you were really buying an 'international' model of whatever product you were being offered.
Be careful what you wish for

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sun, 13 Jan 2013 2:29 pm

ferdie wrote:my visit in Singapore will be on my way back from Taipei returning to South Africa....I'll have a look at the prices in Taiwan as well....thx
If you're buying a few for resale, consider going to Hong Kong. It's a very short and very cheap flight from Taipei. If it is just one for yourself, then it probably doesn't matter...