Singapore Expats Forum

Mobile phone tracking app - for Android phone

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Mobile phone tracking app - for Android phone

Postby JR8 » Thu, 10 Jan 2013 10:58 pm

Man tracks down stolen iPhone using location app then films violent confrontation as he takes law into his own hands

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... thief.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This talks about a tracker for an Apple iPhone.

But does anyone know of a similar application for an Android smartphone?

Thx!

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Thu, 10 Jan 2013 11:02 pm


User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Thu, 10 Jan 2013 11:04 pm

Thanks Nak, you're a *





:)

User avatar
Brah
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1956
Joined: Sat, 18 Dec 2010

Postby Brah » Thu, 10 Jan 2013 11:39 pm

Know any phone call recording apps?

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Thu, 10 Jan 2013 11:47 pm

Brah wrote:Know any phone call recording apps?


https://play.google.com/store/search?q= ... all&c=apps

User avatar
Brah
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1956
Joined: Sat, 18 Dec 2010

Postby Brah » Fri, 11 Jan 2013 12:34 am

Ok so I know that was a kinda Here Let Me Google That For You question, but last I searched in the store none worked though one did 'record' the calls made as a list but not the audio of the actual calls :wall:

nakatago wrote:
Brah wrote:Know any phone call recording apps?


https://play.google.com/store/search?q= ... all&c=apps

User avatar
nutnut
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1853
Joined: Thu, 24 Nov 2011
Location: The Mainland....

Postby nutnut » Fri, 11 Jan 2013 2:05 pm

I have a phone call recording function on my custom rom (Omega 4.1 JB) not sure if that's any good....
nutnut

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Fri, 11 Jan 2013 2:40 pm

Brah wrote:Ok so I know that was a kinda Here Let Me Google That For You question, but last I searched in the store none worked though one did 'record' the calls made as a list but not the audio of the actual calls :wall:

nakatago wrote:
Brah wrote:Know any phone call recording apps?


https://play.google.com/store/search?q= ... all&c=apps


I remember seeing your phone (HTC Sensation or variant?). Methinks it's time to flash a custom ROM for that "ZOMG it feels like I have a new phone without really buying one" feel. Doing it for the girlfriend this weekend.
:wink:

Also, I saw this via XDA: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... rder&hl=en

User avatar
Brah
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1956
Joined: Sat, 18 Dec 2010

Postby Brah » Fri, 11 Jan 2013 8:12 pm

You have a good memory, that is my phone.

I've been too much of a wimp to root my phone, I know I probably should...

nakatago wrote:I remember seeing your phone (HTC Sensation or variant?). Methinks it's time to flash a custom ROM for that "ZOMG it feels like I have a new phone without really buying one" feel. Doing it for the girlfriend this weekend. :wink:

Also, I saw this via XDA: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... rder&hl=en

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Sat, 12 Jan 2013 11:45 am

Brah wrote:You have a good memory, that is my phone.

I've been too much of a wimp to root my phone, I know I probably should...

nakatago wrote:I remember seeing your phone (HTC Sensation or variant?). Methinks it's time to flash a custom ROM for that "ZOMG it feels like I have a new phone without really buying one" feel. Doing it for the girlfriend this weekend. :wink:

Also, I saw this via XDA: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... rder&hl=en



Root and flash: for that new phone smell. I'll outline the steps later on after I've done it to my girlfriend's phone later this afternoon. HTC Sense just looks so dated now, compared to stock Android. Caveat: not really sure yet which rooting method I'll be using :P I'll just wing it.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests