Sherry

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Post Reply
Steve1960
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1106
Joined: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 10:58 am
Location: Singapore

Sherry

Post by Steve1960 » Thu, 10 Jan 2013 4:06 pm

Mother arrives from the UK on Sunday for a 3 week holiday.

I can't seem to find anywhere to buy pale cream sherry.

Anyone seen it here?

The holiday will not go well without sherry............................

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39632
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 10 Jan 2013 5:10 pm

I once knew a pale cream coloured Sherry when I was a young man. And yeah partying with redheads are a blast. :cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

User avatar
Saint
Director
Director
Posts: 3505
Joined: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 5:19 pm
Location: The Juban Stand, Boat Quay
Contact:

Post by Saint » Thu, 10 Jan 2013 5:33 pm

I know of one local supplier who apparantly stock Harvey's Bristol Cream so it's on the Island!

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16521
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:43 pm
Location: K. Puki Manis

Post by JR8 » Thu, 10 Jan 2013 8:02 pm

Why not ask her to bring a couple of bottles over?

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9817
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 11 Jan 2013 10:02 am

JR8 wrote:Why not ask her to bring a couple of bottles over?
And also make sure she pays the Duty at the Airport ?? :) if it exceeds the limit

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8352
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 11:23 pm
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children

Post by nakatago » Fri, 11 Jan 2013 10:11 am

ecureilx wrote:
JR8 wrote:Why not ask her to bring a couple of bottles over?
And also make sure she pays the Duty at the Airport ?? :) if it exceeds the limit
And Steve makes it sound like the maternal unit visiting is a pain anyway... :lol: :P :lol:

Don't get me wrong; I love my mom (and have nothing against mothers) but her antics can drive (and has had driven) me nuts.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9817
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 11 Jan 2013 10:17 am

nakatago wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
JR8 wrote:Why not ask her to bring a couple of bottles over?
And also make sure she pays the Duty at the Airport ?? :) if it exceeds the limit
And Steve makes it sound like the maternal unit visiting is a pain anyway... :lol: :P :lol:

Don't get me wrong; I love my mom (and have nothing against mothers) but her antics can drive (and has had driven) me nuts.
nah, somebody did mention paying duty for excess liquor is as easy as making an atm transaction .. I never done it though ..

shouldn't be tough .. and maybe a new experience too .. self declaring and payment (or it could be conveniently forgotten ;) )

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8352
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 11:23 pm
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children

Post by nakatago » Fri, 11 Jan 2013 10:40 am

ecureilx wrote:
nakatago wrote:
ecureilx wrote: And also make sure she pays the Duty at the Airport ?? :) if it exceeds the limit
And Steve makes it sound like the maternal unit visiting is a pain anyway... :lol: :P :lol:

Don't get me wrong; I love my mom (and have nothing against mothers) but her antics can drive (and has had driven) me nuts.
nah, somebody did mention paying duty for excess liquor is as easy as making an atm transaction .. I never done it though ..

shouldn't be tough .. and maybe a new experience too .. self declaring and payment (or it could be conveniently forgotten ;) )
If she's like my mom, she'll be annoyed that she has to pay.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

Steve1960
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1106
Joined: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 10:58 am
Location: Singapore

Post by Steve1960 » Fri, 11 Jan 2013 12:08 pm

Funny! The need for sherry was just tongue in cheek mum is great and of course having a 2 year old here I am looking forward to a couple of evenings out with my wife with the baby sitter arriving soon :-)

Still, going out on the quest for sherry tomorrow. Thought I might try Marks and Spencer. They do food and stuff here right not just clothing?

User avatar
v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 887
Joined: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 11:28 am
Location: Chocolate Factory

Post by v4jr4 » Fri, 11 Jan 2013 12:34 pm

Steve1960 wrote:Funny! The need for sherry was just tongue in cheek mum is great and of course having a 2 year old here I am looking forward to a couple of evenings out with my wife with the baby sitter arriving soon :-)

Still, going out on the quest for sherry tomorrow. Thought I might try Marks and Spencer. They do food and stuff here right not just clothing?
How about "Jason's - The Gourmet Grocer" in ION?
"Budget Expat"

Steve1960
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1106
Joined: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 10:58 am
Location: Singapore

Post by Steve1960 » Fri, 11 Jan 2013 1:22 pm

Will give it a try we are heading in that direction anyway. Thanks.

Post Reply

Return to “Staying, Living in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests