Singapore Expats Forum

30/F -- First week in town!

New here? Don't be shy. Introduce yourself here and expand your social network!
YellowBrickRoad

30/F -- First week in town!

Postby YellowBrickRoad » Fri, 04 Jan 2013 4:14 pm

Hey there, forum! 30/F, new to town, completely on my own, and would love to meet people for happy hours, lunch groups, weekend hang outs, sports watching and playing.

I literally just arrived this week, and realized it's the weekend, and I have no plans. Actually, I have no plans for any day yet, since I know no one. Back home in the States, I went out most nights with a wide variety of friends. I enjoy good drinks and good food, sports, movies, anything outdoors, live music. I'm hoping to do the same here.

So, if you're new to town too, or want to take pity on a poor, lonely American girl here on this island, and looking to fill a spot in your social crew, send me with a PM, or write back here. Many thanks...

Happy New Year, all :)

Melnz

hi

Postby Melnz » Fri, 04 Jan 2013 4:28 pm

You will love Singapore. I am about to head away for the week on holiday but I will be back on 14.01.2013 if you want to catch up for a drink after work etc. I am a 33y/o f from NZ. :)

YellowBrickRoad

Postby YellowBrickRoad » Fri, 04 Jan 2013 4:54 pm

Hi Mel (?) from NZ! When I get enough posts to send you a PM, I'll forward you a note. Thanks, and enjoy your holiday.

tvenu

Postby tvenu » Fri, 04 Jan 2013 11:24 pm

hey me too just arrived from Charlotte NC, 40/m just started work here this week, family will not arrive for a while.

LKT

Postby LKT » Fri, 04 Jan 2013 11:50 pm

Hey

I also arrived today!!! I start work on Monday so currently know no one and would be keen to go out for drinks tomorrow (sat) since it is the weekend!! I'm 30/F from London.

Let me know if you and anyone else would be up for some drinks.

Cheers
Lea

Irish nomad

Postby Irish nomad » Fri, 04 Jan 2013 11:51 pm

In the short term go for lunch or dinner in the small restaurants on Club street or at South Coast at MBS and you will find that other diners will engage you in conversation. Believe me :)
Irish Guy.

pharmMD

Postby pharmMD » Sat, 05 Jan 2013 9:51 am

Hi, Lea and yellowbrick!

I am also pretty new to Singapore. Let me know if you want to grab drinks later or do something tomorrow. 30/f here.

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Sat, 05 Jan 2013 12:33 pm

Hey, some of us Weekenders are gonna eat out at Genki Sushi tonight. Contact me for details! 8****** (this number in the forum will be deleted after tonight :) )
Last edited by Akimbo on Mon, 07 Jan 2013 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

LKT

Postby LKT » Sat, 05 Jan 2013 12:33 pm

Hello,

I'd definately be up for meeting a little later on today - please email me directly to arrange something - lk_troop@hotmail.com

Hopefully spk soon!

LKT

Postby LKT » Sat, 05 Jan 2013 12:41 pm

Thanks Akimbo - I will be in touch later, just struggling with the jet lag/time difference!! I will check out the FB page.

Thanks
Lea

Casca01

Postby Casca01 » Sun, 06 Jan 2013 4:40 pm

Another newcomer in town: I'm Peter, 31/M from The Netherlands. I've arrived last week Sunday (needed some time with the jetlag too) and wish I had found this board before the weekend!

Even if my new colleagues have been so good to me since starting here last week, it would be great to meet up with people outside of work - even if next weekend. :)

chic_gal

Postby chic_gal » Sun, 06 Jan 2013 6:09 pm

30/f just arrived in sg! Free to meet anytime after office hours. Let me know ;)

YellowBrickRoad

Postby YellowBrickRoad » Sun, 06 Jan 2013 8:23 pm

Sorry to not reply sooner! I was apartment hunting all weekend, and it was exhausting.

LKT, pharmMD, Casca01, tvenu, and chic_gal: anyone up for an after-work happy hour this week? We can meet centrally if you all are actually interested in doing something during the week.

Send me an email: jessica.poteet@gmail.com, and hopefully I can set something up for all of us newbies :) and anyone else interested, too.

Casca01

Postby Casca01 » Sun, 06 Jan 2013 8:59 pm

Great idea! I will drop you a note soon. Just will be an interesting challenge to find a nice location for us newbies to meet :)

Kentishtown

Exploring!

Postby Kentishtown » Mon, 07 Jan 2013 9:39 pm

Hey guys im 25 F and moved here on the 1st Jan. i would love to meet some people to have lunch with and do some exploring of singapore, its not the same by yourself. Anyone interested?
AJ x