Singapore Expats

Re-apply PR for spouse 2nd time

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
dhijho

Re-apply PR for spouse 2nd time

Post by dhijho » Thu, 27 Dec 2012 4:59 pm

Hi all,

I applied PR for myself and my wife on Oct2009 and we got approval within 7 months (Apr 2010). I have collected my PR whereas my wife could not collect as she was in India for cesarian delivery. And i have provided her medical certificates to ICA and ask for extension, whereas she could not travel within the extended timeline.

We enquired ICA upon her return to singapore with the baby and they asked to re-apply for both my wife and daughter. We applied in Mar 2010 and it got rejected in Mar 2011 stating to apply after 6 months.

Q1. We are applying now, and pl advise, do we need to state the above in covering letter, and provide necesssary documents (medical certificate) the second time?

Q2. My wife has completed Masters in computer applications (MCA), whereas she is waiting for her last semester mark sheets, and university told she will be receiving in 2 weeks time. Do we need to apply with 5 semster mark sheet or apply with her bachelors degree.

Q3. I am indian and working in singapore for 8+ years and my gross is 7.5 k monthly ? Does gross includes employer CPF ($800) ? shall i top up?

Thanks!

Regards,
dhijho

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Post by v4jr4 » Thu, 27 Dec 2012 5:09 pm

1 question: perhaps apart from the money, any other reason(s) why did your wife give birth in India and not in Singapore? Did both of you agree for that?
"Budget Expat"

dhijho

Post by dhijho » Thu, 27 Dec 2012 5:14 pm

Its our first baby and we dont have kiths / kins residing in singapore, she went india for parental care (as its caesarian).

Regards,
dhijho

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Re-apply PR for spouse 2nd time

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 27 Dec 2012 5:23 pm

dhijho wrote:Hi all,

I applied PR for myself and my wife on Oct2009 and we got approval within 7 months (Apr 2010). I have collected my PR whereas my wife could not collect as she was in India for cesarian delivery. And i have provided her medical certificates to ICA and ask for extension, whereas she could not travel within the extended timeline.

We enquired ICA upon her return to singapore with the baby and they asked to re-apply for both my wife and daughter. We applied in Mar 2010 and it got rejected in Mar 2011 stating to apply after 6 months.

Q1. We are applying now, and pl advise, do we need to state the above in covering letter, and provide necesssary documents (medical certificate) the second time?

More information is better than not enough.

Q2. My wife has completed Masters in computer applications (MCA), whereas she is waiting for her last semester mark sheets, and university told she will be receiving in 2 weeks time. Do we need to apply with 5 semster mark sheet or apply with her bachelors degree.

Again, send the both the Bachelors & the Masters mark sheets. Can't hurt. Could help.

Q3. I am indian and working in singapore for 8+ years and my gross is 7.5 k monthly ? Does gross includes employer CPF ($800) ? shall i top up?

No. Gross is 7.5. Employer CPF is not to be taken into account.

Thanks!

Regards,
dhijho
Sounds to me like they are suspicious that you sent your wife to India to deliver a baby when it's pretty obvious Singapore has better medical facilities and subsidized (as a PR). Seems the Indian government just sent that girl over here because they also acknowledge Singapore's medical facilities are much better. Maybe ICA sees that as evidence that you are trying to abuse PR in the long term, else you would have delivered the baby here (e.g., maybe you were afraid that the baby would be a boy - NS eligible).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

dhijho

Post by dhijho » Thu, 27 Dec 2012 5:31 pm

Sounds to me like they are suspicious that you sent your wife to India to deliver a baby when it's pretty obvious Singapore has better medical facilities and subsidized (as a PR). Seems the Indian government just sent that girl over here because they also acknowledge Singapore's medical facilities are much better. Maybe ICA sees that as evidence that you are trying to abuse PR in the long term, else you would have delivered the baby here (e.g., maybe you were afraid that the baby would be a boy - NS eligible).
Nope, i have received my PR approval letter just 1 day after i sent her to india (we could not wait more time, as Pregant women more than 8 months should not travel via air)

And we know in 3rd month itself (from KKH), we have high changes of having a baby girl and it was confirmed 5th month. the delivery was in india,just to get parental support as it was cesarian. Do we need to state this in the letter.

Thanks!

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Post by v4jr4 » Thu, 27 Dec 2012 5:32 pm

dhijho wrote:
Its our first baby and we dont have kiths / kins residing in singapore, she went india for parental care (as its caesarian).

Regards,
dhijho
Well, you could invite them to Singapore. As far as I know, it's not advised to travel during the third trimester. I guess, somehow, ICA has put a mark that your wife is not serious for applying PR.
"Budget Expat"

dhijho

Post by dhijho » Thu, 27 Dec 2012 5:42 pm

Well, you could invite them to Singapore. As far as I know, it's not advised to travel during the third trimester. I guess, somehow, ICA has put a mark that your wife is not serious for applying PR.
Nope we are very serious about and if so, its unfortunate.
Wud you pl guide how to approach ICA next time while applying ? how can we boost up the chances?

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Post by v4jr4 » Thu, 27 Dec 2012 5:51 pm

dhijho wrote:Nope we are very serious about
If you were, then your wife would to choose to deliver in Singapore.
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Sounds to me like they are suspicious that you sent your wife to India to deliver a baby when it's pretty obvious Singapore has better medical facilities and subsidized (as a PR). Seems the Indian government just sent that girl over here because they also acknowledge Singapore's medical facilities are much better. Maybe ICA sees that as evidence that you are trying to abuse PR in the long term, else you would have delivered the baby here (e.g., maybe you were afraid that the baby would be a boy - NS eligible).
"Budget Expat"

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Thu, 27 Dec 2012 7:00 pm

dhijho wrote:
Nope we are very serious about and if so, its unfortunate.
Wud you pl guide how to approach ICA next time while applying ? how can we boost up the chances?
As they have said reapply after 6 months, that's very positive. The reason they asked you to reapply is probably to test your commitment levels and patience.

However don't expect speedy approval, they will probably keep you waiting for another 9 to 12 months before finally approving.

Regarding your question about how to go about it. Yes do attach a covering letter, explaining why your wife couldn't take the PR when it was given to her.

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Thu, 27 Dec 2012 7:14 pm

SMS and vajra,

There are several reasons why Indians choose do deliver their baby in India.
1. It's a custom to have the delivery of the first child in the wife's parents place.

2. Delivery of a child involves lots of ceremonies and functions both before and after the delivery and there is a festive atmosphere about it with lots of relatives and friends. This can never be replicated in Singapore.

3.Costs can go through the roof in Singapore and pregnancy is not covered under insurance.

4. India although doesn't have the kind of multispeciallity hospitals to do multi organ transplant that is currently happening for the Indian rape victim at mt Elizabeth, for simple stuff like pregnancy indian doctors have abundant experience which Singapore doctors lack.

In my friends circle usually all 1st child deliveries happen in India, the second child delivery however happens in Singapore mainly because the schooling of the 1st child gets affected, if they were to do it in India.

dhijho

Post by dhijho » Thu, 27 Dec 2012 9:02 pm

Thanks all.

We just wanted to tell ICA, that we are not irresponsible and it's very unfortunate that we missed to collect due to medical reasons, and my wife is in Singapore since our marriage 3.5 years and she was in India only for delivery (5 months).

And one more question, we were staying n same house for 3 years and just changed residential address as its nearer to my office. In form 4a do we need to mention '3' months to the question 'period of stay n the above address' ?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 27 Dec 2012 10:22 pm

When filling out any form in Singapore do not fill it out like it was a form in India. Be totally, brutally honest. Calculative deceit may well come back to bite you in the arse here. Just tell them the straight truth. Anything else will put you in jeopardy if found later to be 'massaged'.

If you have told them already, when you file the new application, tell them all over again as well as submitting all the relevant documents again. Is the couple of dollars you have to spend on notary fees worth more than the PR? Should answer the question nicely.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

therat
Editor
Editor
Answers: 2

Re: Re-apply PR for spouse 2nd time

Post by therat » Fri, 28 Dec 2012 2:11 pm

dhijho wrote:Hi all,
One year ago, you post the same topic
http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/sutra5 ... ht=#559541
I am an Indian working in IT in singapore for past 6 years. I have applied PR with my wife (immediately after our marraige) in Oct 2009. The PR got approved for both of us in May 2010, but unfortunately my wife could not collect her PR, as she was in India for delivery.
We enquired MOM after her return to singapore (Nov 2010) and they have told, the validity expired and have to apply for new one. We have re-applied PR for my wife and my daughter on Mar 2011 stating the reason why we did not collect it for the first time. Its still under process for past 9 months.
The date totally different
1st PR approval – April 2010 V May 2010.
Re-applied PR – 1st post stated Mar 2011 ; present stated stated Mar 2010
Re-applied PR rejected – 1st post wrote at Dec 2011 , said still under process while present post stated Mar 2011

The date don’t tally at all.

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Post by v4jr4 » Fri, 28 Dec 2012 2:17 pm

OP "blur-blur", or maybe . . .
"Budget Expat"

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Fri, 28 Dec 2012 2:30 pm