Singapore Expats Forum

PR cancellation

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

the lynx
Governor
Governor

Re: PR cancellation

Postby the lynx » Mon, 05 Oct 2015 4:25 pm

melvacn wrote:After cancellation, ICA will give one month social visit pass, is this social visit pass allow me to come back signapore again? can I go back China then come back again?
Since withdraw CPF needs 2-4 weeks, I can not just stay here to wait for the CPF transfer to my UOB account and then I can get them out from UOB account and transfer back to China.

Well technically, this pass allows you to remain in Singapore up to 30 days. So if you leave to return to China, you can always come back here on another social visit for your CPF (if that's what you really want to do).

Check carefully if the final cost of remitting the money to China from Singapore is worth your trip to Singapore. If the difference is not much, your flight ticket would have negate the "savings" you would have gotten from doing it through agent in Chinatown.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 05 Oct 2015 6:00 pm

melvacn wrote:I want take the money, just I do not want the CPF board to transfer the money back to China as they will use a very poor FX rate. I want to wait for the money CPF board transfer to my bank account, then I come back to singapore and take the money out from bank, go to China Town to post back China. There the Money Exchanger can give a quite good FX rate.

I see. then you give your local bank account as the receiving bank.

melvacn

Postby melvacn » Tue, 06 Oct 2015 9:48 am

Ok, thank you all for your reply and answers. I will check whether the ticket come back to singapore will conver the lost due to the FX rates.

Or is there any other way the CFP Board can transfer the CPF money to my bank account in singapore faster? 2-4 weeks are quite long, can this be done within one week? If it can be done within one week, then I can consider just stay here to wait for the money from CPF to transfer to my bank account in singapore.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 06 Oct 2015 6:15 pm

melvacn wrote:Ok, thank you all for your reply and answers. I will check whether the ticket come back to singapore will conver the lost due to the FX rates.

Or is there any other way the CFP Board can transfer the CPF money to my bank account in singapore faster? 2-4 weeks are quite long, can this be done within one week? If it can be done within one week, then I can consider just stay here to wait for the money from CPF to transfer to my bank account in singapore.

Ok, now again, are you serious ?

Tongue in Cheek, I heard CPF board will return your CPF money in installment ;) If you can't wait the 4 weeks to collect the huge sum of money, so huge it is cheaper for you to fly and collect it and go back

melvacn

Postby melvacn » Mon, 12 Oct 2015 10:07 am

Thank you all for your suggestions and replies.

ful babu
Regular
Regular

Postby ful babu » Wed, 09 Aug 2017 6:22 am

Hi

It seems like now it takes about 6-8 weeks to get the money in your bank, at least according to CPF board as of now (August '17).

Anyone else has done it recently?

I will update once I get the cpf sum "banked in".

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 09 Aug 2017 8:26 am

ful babu wrote:Hi

It seems like now it takes about 6-8 weeks to get the money in your bank, at least according to CPF board as of now (August '17).

What method of transfer did you specify on your CPF refund request? It's very fast for a transfer to a supported Singapore bank, much longer for a wire transfer.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 09 Aug 2017 10:00 am

ful babu wrote:Hi

3 weeks for Singapore bank, longer depends on how fast or slow your overseas fund transfer works.

I do know some countries' take 8 weeks or longer for overseas transfers, especially for large sums, plus going through anti money laundering clearance.