Singapore Expats

Chances of PR approval (Reapply)

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
eviswana

Chances of PR approval (Reapply)

Post by eviswana » Wed, 19 Dec 2012 11:44 am

Dear all,

Am looking at reapplying for the PR early next year (might be in March 2013) and would like to have the feedback from this forum on the probability of the approval.

Race : Indian
Pass : P1
Period : Staying in Singapore from September 2009
Tax : 3 Years returns completed
Family : Wife with 2 Daughters

Change in the position expected from Jan 2013 and have acquired additional certification (eg: Six Sigma) in 2012.

My earlier PR was rejected in August 2012 and no mention on the timing to reapply.

Am definitely looking at a long term in Singapore and would possibly look for the citizenship in the future.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Chances of PR approval (Reapply)

Post by the lynx » Wed, 19 Dec 2012 11:51 am

eviswana wrote:Dear all,

Am looking at reapplying for the PR early next year (might be in March 2013) and would like to have the feedback from this forum on the probability of the approval.

Race : Indian
Pass : P1
Period : Staying in Singapore from September 2009
Tax : 3 Years returns completed
Family : Wife with 2 Daughters

Change in the position expected from Jan 2013 and have acquired additional certification (eg: Six Sigma) in 2012.

My earlier PR was rejected in August 2012 and no mention on the timing to reapply.

That's the iffy part. If they want you (and you applied too soon), they would have told you to reapply after X number of years. But yours didn't say so, hence it would mean that your chapter for PR application ends here. You should really consider going to other countries that want your skills and contribution instead. Just telling you what ICA is saying but I won't stop you from trying again.

But perhaps your new position may help you. Need to see what other regulars have to say as they are more experienced in 'change of positions after PR ultimate rejection' scenario.

Am definitely looking at a long term in Singapore and would possibly look for the citizenship in the future.

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Wed, 19 Dec 2012 12:08 pm

I agree with Lynx. Time to start thinking of alternatives.

You could also think of building your own country up.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singapor ... 00680.html
Now I'm called PNGMK

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Wed, 19 Dec 2012 12:37 pm

Lynx, what you are saying in terms of end of the road to PR if they didn't mention "reapply after xx months" isn't true.

I know several Indians who got that letter of "welcome to stay on your pass " and yet reapplied several times and finally got approved.

What you are saying is true in case of your category i.e MC, because for you guys PR approval is a guarantee its just a matter of time. Whereas for the rest of us depends on flavour of month, year, decade. So I wouldn't tell the OP to call it quits so soon.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 19 Dec 2012 1:31 pm

Wd40 wrote:Lynx, what you are saying in terms of end of the road to PR if they didn't mention "reapply after xx months" isn't true.

I know several Indians who got that letter of "welcome to stay on your pass " and yet reapplied several times and finally got approved.

What you are saying is true in case of your category i.e MC, because for you guys PR approval is a guarantee its just a matter of time. Whereas for the rest of us depends on flavour of month, year, decade. So I wouldn't tell the OP to call it quits so soon.
That's why I wouldn't tell him to stop trying. Plus, he has new info (like acquired qualifications and new position) which may be helpful. That, I'm leaving it to the others.

Why am I feeling like I have to repeat what I already said above?

Whether I am a MC or not is irrelevant to this discussion.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 19 Dec 2012 2:09 pm

Nobody likes to have their hopes dashed so when they are, they lash out in frustration because they didn't get the answer they wanted, but the one most likely being the truth.

As no results from ICA are cast in stone as ICA officers are little demigods unto themselves, there is always a possibility of a new application being approved in the future. However, one really needs to keep their finger on the pulse of the nation to see which way they are leaning at any given time.

Frankly, while there are those who are still getting approved, albeit in very small numbers, it has slowed down to a trickle and will probably tighten up even further as the new GE draws closer. I think it's going to be very hit or miss for another couple of years and unless you are really bringing something to the table that the country needs, I don't see any positive omens out there at the moment. But, that said, good luck.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Wd40
Director
Director

Post by Wd40 » Wed, 19 Dec 2012 6:45 pm

the lynx wrote:
Wd40 wrote:Lynx, what you are saying in terms of end of the road to PR if they didn't mention "reapply after xx months" isn't true.

That's why I wouldn't tell him to stop trying. Plus, he has new info (like acquired qualifications and new position) which may be helpful. That, I'm leaving it to the others.

Why am I feeling like I have to repeat what I already said above?

Whether I am a MC or not is irrelevant to this discussion.
You mentioned its "end of chapter for PR" to him, that's a strong statement and I was addressing it in particular.

The reason I brought up your race is because its natural for you to be in the circle of other MCs and hence you would have heard about a lot of their cases and hence get biased by that. Nothing else, so chill :)

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 19 Dec 2012 7:57 pm

So, are you saying the lynx is biased against other races/nationalities? That she doesn't interact with other than Malaysian Chinese? Why would her circle of friends ONLY include MCs? Does that mean I only interact with other American Caucasians? Of course not. :-/
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Wd40
Director
Director

Post by Wd40 » Wed, 19 Dec 2012 8:06 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:So, are you saying the lynx is biased against other races/nationalities? That she doesn't interact with other than Malaysian Chinese? Why would her circle of friends ONLY include MCs? Does that mean I only interact with other American Caucasians? Of course not. :-/
Baised in the sense, she has more data about MCs relative to other nationalities. In fact I remember her posting cases of other MCs, before on this forum. Its reasonable to assume she has more MC friends/colleagues than other races, no?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 19 Dec 2012 8:43 pm

I've got more data on every other race, 'cept Americans. I must be doing sumptin' wrong! Also got more friends who have Red passports and pink NRICs than Blue passports with an Eagle on the front.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Wed, 19 Dec 2012 8:50 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I've got more data on every other race, 'cept Americans. I must be doing sumptin' wrong! Also got more friends who have Red passports and pink NRICs than Blue passports with an Eagle on the front.
It's ok SMS, My passport and I will be your friend! :console:

so Rev/Call/Wd40, is your new MO to be as passive aggressive as possible while posting as many personal details about other posters as many times as you possibly can just because you got outed by someone you know?

Wd40
Director
Director

Post by Wd40 » Wed, 19 Dec 2012 9:32 pm

zzm9980 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:I've got more data on every other race, 'cept Americans. I must be doing sumptin' wrong! Also got more friends who have Red passports and pink NRICs than Blue passports with an Eagle on the front.
It's ok SMS, My passport and I will be your friend! :console:

so Rev/Call/Wd40, is your new MO to be as passive aggressive as possible while posting as many personal details about other posters as many times as you possibly can just because you got outed by someone you know?
If that's your interpretation, I cannot help it. Please yourself :roll:

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Wed, 19 Dec 2012 11:33 pm

Wd40 wrote: Please yourself
That just...sounds wrong.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

the lynx
Governor
Governor

Post by the lynx » Thu, 20 Dec 2012 8:51 am

Guys, it is ok. Wd40 is right. I've been lumped into the typical 'Malaysian Chinese\Pre-Singaporean' stereotype the day I revealed my nationality here.

And I did post the stats about other MCs in the forum, under the thread of PR application of MCs. Come on, I mean, why else or where else would I post those as anecdotal evidence that NOT ALL MCs get immediate approval for PR, short of hijacking other threads?

And people has already implied in other threads that people from my nationality can be culturally-challenged, not bright, backward etc. I guess I fall into that subset.

And Malaysia is just a javelin's throw away from Woodlands, there are so many MCs here, I don't think I can get away from having them in my circles of friends.

So yeah, I am biased, if one were to use deductive reasoning from this thread.

If you excuse me, this proverbial frog would like to retreat deeper into the well here, if that satisfies the stereotype.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Thu, 20 Dec 2012 9:01 am

the lynx wrote:Guys, it is ok. Wd40 is right. I've been lumped into the typical 'Malaysian Chinese\Pre-Singaporean' stereotype the day I revealed my nationality here.

And I did post the stats about other MCs in the forum, under the thread of PR application of MCs. Come on, I mean, why else or where else would I post those as anecdotal evidence that NOT ALL MCs get immediate approval for PR, short of hijacking other threads?

And people has already implied in other threads that people from my nationality can be culturally-challenged, not bright, backward etc. I guess I fall into that subset.

And Malaysia is just a javelin's throw away from Woodlands, there are so many MCs here, I don't think I can get away from having them in my circles of friends.

So yeah, I am biased, if one were to use deductive reasoning from this thread.

If you excuse me, this proverbial frog would like to retreat deeper into the well here, if that satisfies the stereotype.
I bet you're already a citizen too and you're just toying with people here raising false hopes.