Singapore Expats

Tripadvisor World City survey

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
sabaisabai

Post by sabaisabai » Mon, 17 Dec 2012 9:53 pm

Where are you from x9200?

Which is the Western country that you are from that is 'less peaceful' than Singapore?

Greece? 8-)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 17 Dec 2012 9:57 pm

You are only batting .250 now. 3 out of 4 wrong.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sabaisabai

Post by sabaisabai » Mon, 17 Dec 2012 10:04 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:See, assumptions are dangerous. You have no idea how wrong you are. Not too bad, 2 out of 3 wrong. :roll:

Sergei is from Ukraine and v4jr4 is from Indonesia. I don't consider Ukraine, Russia or Brazil to be the West. So that is 2 out of 3 right at least.

I am surprised you are not Singaporean. But the part about living in Singapore for over 3 decades explains everything. You always can tell which expatriates have been in Singapore for too long. :roll:

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 17 Dec 2012 10:12 pm

Given what you don't consider as western versus Asian/eastern. Do you have a masters as well? I am curious as to how long you will be around, seeing you have registered with a throwaway temporary email address. We don't particularly like impostors, trolls and/or spammers. Seems like you fit 2 out of 3 there as well. :-|
Last edited by sundaymorningstaple on Mon, 17 Dec 2012 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 17 Dec 2012 10:18 pm

sabaisabai wrote: I don't consider Ukraine, Russia or Brazil to be the West. So that is 2 out of 3 right at least.
Where are they then? Make it factually based with a linked reference, rather than 'just your opinion'.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 17 Dec 2012 10:22 pm

Nevermind, JR8, his opinions have been consistently wrong or out of sync so far, so why would the leopard try to change it's spots.
Last edited by sundaymorningstaple on Mon, 17 Dec 2012 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sabaisabai

Post by sabaisabai » Mon, 17 Dec 2012 10:24 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:So, your education wasn't too good, huh. Given what you don't consider as western versus Asian/eastern. Do you have a masters as well?
:roll:
No I don't have a masters. Which is why I came to Singapore decades ago to be the token Ang Moh in my company after being in Thailand for years. I then married a local, because being fat, bald, and ill-mannered (as well as being broke and barely graduating from high school) means I couldn't possibly find a partner back home. I now hold my wife's LV handbag for her, avoid eye contact with people daily, scream at people routinely and of course, press the door close button whenever I see anyone rushing into the lift. :wink:

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 17 Dec 2012 10:30 pm

Well, at least it explains your nick.

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Mon, 17 Dec 2012 10:31 pm

sabaisabai, I haven't been to Ukraine for 5 and a half years already, and Singapore is not the 1st Asian country I'm living in. After 2.5 yrs in South Korea I found Singapore by far much foreigner-friendly. And I get along with locals with no problems at all. The only thing I don't like is what SG government is doing recently. I have no clue what makes you being so neurotic though...

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 17 Dec 2012 10:41 pm

sabaisabai wrote: No I don't have a masters. Which is why I came to Singapore decades ago to be the token Ang Moh in my company after being in Thailand for years. I then married a local, because being fat, bald, and ill-mannered (as well as being broke and barely graduating from high school) means I couldn't possibly find a partner back home. I now hold my wife's LV handbag for her, avoid eye contact with people daily, scream at people routinely and of course, press the door close button whenever I see anyone rushing into the lift. :wink:
I'm honestly surprised you have lasted that long, you seem innately 'wound too tight' and angry to last long in Asia. That's not a personal criticism by the way, just an observation of an apparent contradiction.

Where are you originally from?

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Mon, 17 Dec 2012 11:04 pm

sabaisabai wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:See, assumptions are dangerous. You have no idea how wrong you are. Not too bad, 2 out of 3 wrong. :roll:

Sergei is from Ukraine and v4jr4 is from Indonesia. I don't consider Ukraine, Russia or Brazil to be the West. So that is 2 out of 3 right at least.

I am surprised you are not Singaporean. But the part about living in Singapore for over 3 decades explains everything. You always can tell which expatriates have been in Singapore for too long. :roll:
You get no marks whatsoever for identifying V4jr4 or Sergei's origin, they have already disclosed it in the previous posts.

X9200 has done a gr8 job of being in this forum for so long and so involved yet has never ever divulged the field he is in or where he is from. That takes some talent.

So, its 0 out of 3 for you :tongue:

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 17 Dec 2012 11:41 pm

Wd40 wrote: You get no marks whatsoever for identifying V4jr4 or Sergei's origin, they have already disclosed it in the previous posts.

X9200 has done a gr8 job of being in this forum for so long and so involved yet has never ever divulged the field he is in or where he is from. That takes some talent.

Says the newbie who's been here just 2 weeks. Hang on... this isn't adding up :roll:

So, Sabai2 and WD40... you're the same poster right, just under two id's? What in Europe we call being 'doppels' (doppelgangers). I have experienced this before, a user with multiple id's (a dozen plus) who would argue with himself across his id's. Schizo or psycho, you decide.

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Tue, 18 Dec 2012 12:00 am

JR8 wrote:
Wd40 wrote: You get no marks whatsoever for identifying V4jr4 or Sergei's origin, they have already disclosed it in the previous posts.

Says the newbie who's been here just 2 weeks. Hang on... this isn't adding up :roll:

So, Sabai2 and WD40... you're the same poster right, just under two id's? What in Europe we call being 'doppels' (doppelgangers). I have experienced this before, a user with multiple id's (a dozen plus) who would argue with himself across his id's. Schizo or psycho, you decide.
Well, you can be a newbie and yet have spent time on this forum for couple of years prior to that on a stalker mode, no?

Regarding 2 ids, I can see what makes you think that way, but sorry, no. I am not SabaiSabai and if you read his posts v/s mine you will know we are 2 complete different people.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 18 Dec 2012 12:38 am

No, I think Wd40 alterego is Callput.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 18 Dec 2012 1:18 am

Wd40 wrote: Regarding 2 ids, I can see what makes you think that way, but sorry, no. I am not SabaiSabai and if you read his posts v/s mine you will know we are 2 complete different people.
Right 8-)

There is an expression in England: 'Your card is marked'.

My advice to try and help you, tread carefully and don't p off the mods. They do not take any dung here on this polite and helpful board. Aka 'The nail that sticks up - will be hammered down'. And, right now, if you hadn't already noticed, you are a nail sticking up.

HTH