Bought a Harley - the girls/fag sized one

Discuss anything relating to automotive here, from car leasing to buying a vehicle.
Post Reply
offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1582
Joined: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 9:45 pm

Bought a Harley - the girls/fag sized one

Post by offshoreoildude » Sat, 15 Dec 2012 8:08 pm

A 2006 XL883L. Nice done up in black.

My wife is appalled. I didn't tell her of course.
Now I'm called PNGMK

User avatar
taxico
Director
Director
Posts: 3272
Joined: Sat, 10 May 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Existential dilemma!

Post by taxico » Sat, 15 Dec 2012 8:44 pm

well, as long as the seat's just for you...

congrats, btw. i'd like one too.

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1582
Joined: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 9:45 pm

Post by offshoreoildude » Sat, 15 Dec 2012 8:58 pm

taxico wrote:well, as long as the seat's just for you...

congrats, btw. i'd like one too.
It's a solo seat :)
Now I'm called PNGMK

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16522
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:43 pm
Location: K. Puki Manis

Post by JR8 » Sat, 15 Dec 2012 9:39 pm

Harley's are fag-bikes, rich-fag-bikes.

Triumph or nothing for me!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Sorry, not sure what happened there... here we go...
Image

If it's good enough for my man Jan Akkerman, it's good enough for me.

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11504
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:13 am
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 17 Dec 2012 1:13 am

Friends don't let friends ride 883's.

User avatar
nutnut
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1858
Joined: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 10:20 am
Location: The Mainland....

Post by nutnut » Mon, 17 Dec 2012 10:07 am

Image

One of these? This is the first one I found on google images that had someone sitting on it....
nutnut

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1582
Joined: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 9:45 pm

Post by offshoreoildude » Tue, 18 Dec 2012 11:23 am

Image

This is it.... and now I spend all my time online buying parts...
Now I'm called PNGMK

User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 4359
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 10:53 am
Location: SIndiapore

Post by Wd40 » Tue, 18 Dec 2012 7:23 pm

Congratulations! Have fun.

User avatar
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2856
Joined: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 10:45 am
Location: Singapore

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Tue, 22 Jan 2013 11:01 pm

nice bike! i wanna go back to india and get my international driving license and then apply for a conversion here.
I might end up buying a 2nd hand enfield bullet over here.

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1582
Joined: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 9:45 pm

Post by offshoreoildude » Tue, 22 Jan 2013 11:17 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:nice bike! i wanna go back to india and get my international driving license and then apply for a conversion here.
I might end up buying a 2nd hand enfield bullet over here.
There's no such thing as an International Driving License (lawfully). There is an International Driving Permit but that won't get you a Singapore DL. You need to convert a 'real' DL to a Singapore one and you need to do it within a year of being here.

I know a guy with an Enfield that's for sale. Souped up as well.
Now I'm called PNGMK

User avatar
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2856
Joined: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 10:45 am
Location: Singapore

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Tue, 22 Jan 2013 11:25 pm

offshoreoildude wrote:
rajagainstthemachine wrote:nice bike! i wanna go back to india and get my international driving license and then apply for a conversion here.
I might end up buying a 2nd hand enfield bullet over here.
There's no such thing as an International Driving License (lawfully). There is an International Driving Permit but that won't get you a Singapore DL. You need to convert a 'real' DL to a Singapore one and you need to do it within a year of being here.

I know a guy with an Enfield that's for sale. Souped up as well.
well i have the 'real' DL. I was under the impression that I had to get the Intl driving permit first before I apply for conversion.
Also this means I need to apply before this coming may :-|

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39755
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 23 Jan 2013 12:00 am

If you want to bring a Enfield Bullet to Singapore, you might have a problem as bikes over three years old won't be allowed in. Any newer bikes will still have to meet Singapore's Emission Controls guidelines.

Anyway, the Bullet is only what? A 350cc Single? I love the 1950's styling of them. Brazil did the same thing, buying all the molds, dies and machinery for the VW Beetle and manufactured new VDubs for a number of years after Germany quite producing them.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

User avatar
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2856
Joined: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 10:45 am
Location: Singapore

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 23 Jan 2013 9:07 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:If you want to bring a Enfield Bullet to Singapore, you might have a problem as bikes over three years old won't be allowed in. Any newer bikes will still have to meet Singapore's Emission Controls guidelines.

Anyway, the Bullet is only what? A 350cc Single? I love the 1950's styling of them. Brazil did the same thing, buying all the molds, dies and machinery for the VW Beetle and manufactured new VDubs for a number of years after Germany quite producing them.
I don't want to import it from India to Singpore. united motors SG sell enfields, however I want to buy a 2nd hand one from someone local here.
well there is the 350cc single that i like , then there is the 500c that i like as well but it all depends on my rather thin finances at the moment
saving up for it big time though

User avatar
Yeboah
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 6:22 pm

Post by Yeboah » Mon, 03 Jun 2013 2:00 pm

offshoreoildude wrote:Image

This is it.... and now I spend all my time online buying parts...
NICE!

User avatar
PNGMK
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8775
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Answers: 2
Location: Sinkapore

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 03 Jun 2013 4:25 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:If you want to bring a Enfield Bullet to Singapore, you might have a problem as bikes over three years old won't be allowed in. Any newer bikes will still have to meet Singapore's Emission Controls guidelines.

Anyway, the Bullet is only what? A 350cc Single? I love the 1950's styling of them. Brazil did the same thing, buying all the molds, dies and machinery for the VW Beetle and manufactured new VDubs for a number of years after Germany quite producing them.
I don't want to import it from India to Singpore. united motors SG sell enfields, however I want to buy a 2nd hand one from someone local here.
well there is the 350cc single that i like , then there is the 500c that i like as well but it all depends on my rather thin finances at the moment
saving up for it big time though

I know of one going cheap.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Cars & Motorcycles”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests