Singapore Expats Forum

finding cab to SG-JB back and forth after midnite

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

sweetie2980
Member
Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat, 31 Oct 2009
Location: malaysia

finding cab to SG-JB back and forth after midnite

Postby sweetie2980 » Wed, 12 Dec 2012 3:25 pm

Hi guys...its been a while since i been here. Nyways, since im here i have a big Q.

Im coming home to JB for vacationing and visiting my mom. Have a flight coming from NYC to SG at around 2am on Jan 1st. Going back NYC i have a flight that departs at around 6am from Changi.

So my big Q is that..i will be all by myself going back to mom's and since its gonna be in the wee hours..does anyone know where can i get a cab to cross JB from SG and how much it cost? If im not mistaken the taxi stand somewhere near queenstown/rochor is the only place where you can get cab to cross JB. Are the cabs available 24/7?. How bout flying out to SG and crossing the causeway early in the morning?Since i have a 6am flight im guessing i have to leave home around 2:30-3:00am. Where am i gonna get a cab that can send me to cross the causeway? and again how much the cost gonna be?

So i hope im at the right place to get some answers here. Thanks again guys.
from down south all the way to west coast california..blending the sugar and spice of asian world in the world of melting pots america

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9790
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: finding cab to SG-JB back and forth after midnite

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 12 Dec 2012 4:32 pm

sweetie2980 wrote:Hi guys...its been a while since i been here. Nyways, since im here i have a big Q.

Im coming home to JB for vacationing and visiting my mom. Have a flight coming from NYC to SG at around 2am on Jan 1st. Going back NYC i have a flight that departs at around 6am from Changi.

So my big Q is that..i will be all by myself going back to mom's and since its gonna be in the wee hours..does anyone know where can i get a cab to cross JB from SG and how much it cost? If im not mistaken the taxi stand somewhere near queenstown/rochor is the only place where you can get cab to cross JB. Are the cabs available 24/7?. How bout flying out to SG and crossing the causeway early in the morning?Since i have a 6am flight im guessing i have to leave home around 2:30-3:00am. Where am i gonna get a cab that can send me to cross the causeway? and again how much the cost gonna be?

So i hope im at the right place to get some answers here. Thanks again guys.


The queen's street cabs operate 24X7, well, almost 24X7, as long as you can fill the taxi or pay for the full cab - 40$

I have taken the cab past 2 AM, to attend some even in KL, so 2 AM to JB, then to KL - before the days where direct busses from here became cheaper.

Alternate, check Transtar, they are advertising a bus service 'across the causeway' from Changi

BTW, some SMRT taxis are licensed to go across, so if you are ok with the cost, that is another option-ex-Changi

sweetie2980
Member
Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat, 31 Oct 2009
Location: malaysia

Postby sweetie2980 » Wed, 12 Dec 2012 5:41 pm

Thanks for the info. How bout entering SG from JB? where can i find a cab that is able to enter the neighbouring country at around 3am? does anyone ever done this before? i prefer to take a cab myself instead of a bus since im all by myself and dragging 2 luggages with me. I hope i dont have to stand somewhere on a dark street in the JB city hailing a cab. Its kinda scary for me, myself as a female being alone with my belongings in tow in the wee hours.
from down south all the way to west coast california..blending the sugar and spice of asian world in the world of melting pots america

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9790
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 12 Dec 2012 5:44 pm

sweetie2980 wrote:Thanks for the info. How bout entering SG from JB? where can i find a cab that is able to enter the neighbouring country at around 3am? does anyone ever done this before? i prefer to take a cab myself instead of a bus since im all by myself and dragging 2 luggages with me. I hope i dont have to stand somewhere on a dark street in the JB city hailing a cab. Its kinda scary for me, myself as a female being alone with my belongings in tow in the wee hours.


SG from JB ? sure .. vice versa ..

If you can talk good Bahasa, you can negotiate with a taxi driver to arrange a pick up .. shouldn't be expensive

I guess you are not in JB proper- or are you in JB City center itself ?

sweetie2980
Member
Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat, 31 Oct 2009
Location: malaysia

Postby sweetie2980 » Wed, 12 Dec 2012 7:42 pm

ecureilx wrote:
sweetie2980 wrote:Thanks for the info. How bout entering SG from JB? where can i find a cab that is able to enter the neighbouring country at around 3am? does anyone ever done this before? i prefer to take a cab myself instead of a bus since im all by myself and dragging 2 luggages with me. I hope i dont have to stand somewhere on a dark street in the JB city hailing a cab. Its kinda scary for me, myself as a female being alone with my belongings in tow in the wee hours.


SG from JB ? sure .. vice versa ..

If you can talk good Bahasa, you can negotiate with a taxi driver to arrange a pick up .. shouldn't be expensive

I guess you are not in JB proper- or are you in JB City center itself ?


Thanks a lot. I do appreciate the tips given. My parent live bout 15 mins to the city center. Though it might be near the city still it's not safe to be out by myself after midnite. Crimes happens a lot even where I live. Don't get wrong, I do love jb very much despite its reputation in crimes. After all its my home country. But I do know they are a lot of Singaporean who are scared to even step their foot on jb soil. Used to have an ex colleagues in Singapore who are mortified of this.
from down south all the way to west coast california..blending the sugar and spice of asian world in the world of melting pots america

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9790
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 13 Dec 2012 9:25 am

sweetie2980 wrote:Crimes happens a lot even where I live. Don't get wrong, I do love jb very much despite its reputation in crimes. After all its my home country. But I do know they are a lot of Singaporean who are scared to even step their foot on jb soil. Used to have an ex colleagues in Singapore who are mortified of this.


That's because there are scarier places than JB/Malaysia, but a lot of people don't know or go to those places :)

In my opinion, JB/Malaysia is much safer, as long as you are a bit street smart, and you don't need to watch your 6 O Clock every minute !!! Unlike some other nearby countries !!!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests