Singapore Expats Forum

Michael Palmer - 177A resignation?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

sabaisabai

Re: Michael Palmer - 177A resignation?

Postby sabaisabai » Sun, 16 Dec 2012 11:07 pm

offshoreoildude wrote:I can't believe he'd resign over have a relationship with a young PAP gal - must have been a 177A non compliant relationship?

Kuan Yew is slipping up. He should have promoted him, after all, it is 100% Asian-value and Confucianist to have a mistress. The Chinese emperor/Mandarins have been doing it for thousand of years, the Chinese by and large are still continuing this great tradition.

Surely Mike deserves to be promoted! Looks like Kuan Yew is becoming too Westernised.

taxico
Director
Director

Re: Michael Palmer - 177A resignation?

Postby taxico » Mon, 17 Dec 2012 12:55 am

sabaisabai wrote:
offshoreoildude wrote:I can't believe he'd resign over have a relationship with a young PAP gal - must have been a 177A non compliant relationship?

Kuan Yew is slipping up. He should have promoted him, after all, it is 100% Asian-value and Confucianist to have a mistress. The Chinese emperor/Mandarins have been doing it for thousand of years, the Chinese by and large are still continuing this great tradition.

Surely Mike deserves to be promoted! Looks like Kuan Yew is becoming too Westernised.

he didn't slip up. the affair was going public and that's a big no-no in the old monkey's book.

if it wasn't going to the press, i think mikey would've been okay.

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Postby offshoreoildude » Mon, 17 Dec 2012 8:09 am

thismyvoice wrote:
offshoreoildude wrote:We discussed this case in our condo committee meeting last night - most Singaporeans are quite upset at 'losing' a policitican of his calibre and the men frankly don't give a toss about him having a bit of fluff. The women though - whoa! - they'd castrate him. Some men mentioned 'integrity' as being part of the issue.

The general consensus was that he had been good enough to be the next PM and it was a waste of his talents to lose him.

Good enough to be the next PM?

:shock:

He's as good as the current one in some countries.
Now I'm called PNGMK

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Mon, 17 Dec 2012 11:12 am

Just dropping this here.....

#hatersgonnahate

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Postby nutnut » Mon, 17 Dec 2012 11:36 am

nakatago wrote:Just dropping this here.....

Love it!

Especially love the white hashtag you dropped in at the bottom ;)
nutnut

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Mon, 17 Dec 2012 12:11 pm

nutnut wrote:Especially love the white hashtag you dropped in at the bottom ;)

It's a little something I use to make it easier to recycle my image macros.

I also have the following:

#shoetoss
#facepalm

sabaisabai

Postby sabaisabai » Mon, 17 Dec 2012 3:21 pm

offshoreoildude wrote:We discussed this case in our condo committee meeting last night - most Singaporeans are quite upset at 'losing' a policitican of his calibre and the men frankly don't give a toss about him having a bit of fluff. The women though - whoa! - they'd castrate him. Some men mentioned 'integrity' as being part of the issue.

The general consensus was that he had been good enough to be the next PM and it was a waste of his talents to lose him.

What good qualities and integrity do dictators need? :???:

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 17 Dec 2012 4:10 pm

Not only do you sounds like somebody's sec 2 kid on school holidays, you sound like you live in Aljunied or Hougang.

taxico
Director
Director

Postby taxico » Mon, 17 Dec 2012 7:25 pm

sabaisabai wrote:
offshoreoildude wrote:...The general consensus was that he had been good enough to be the next PM and it was a waste of his talents to lose him.

to pull birds, i mean garner constituents' support.

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Postby offshoreoildude » Tue, 18 Dec 2012 10:12 pm

sabaisabai wrote:

I think those days are done in Singapore. I don't consider the ruling government to be consist of dictators or be run by a dictator.
Now I'm called PNGMK