Singapore Expats Forum

Tampines Gyms. Request for peoples impressions.

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.

Tampines Gyms. Request for peoples impressions.

Postby RimBlock » Tue, 11 Dec 2012 1:03 pm

After being a member of both Fitness First and True Fitness both around Suntec I have suffered a bout of gym absent-itus as my third little one was born.

What with the various agents conspiring against me, predominantly my eyes and stomach, I now need to get back to the gym to loose the excess and strengthen up, especially around the lower back.

Since starting this hiatus both Fitness First and True Fitness have opened branches in Tampines with one being literally across the street from me. The year is coming to an end an now is a perfect time, what with medical 'credits' about to be lost if not spent, to get back and sign up.

So, anyway, on to the questions....

Has anyone tried these gyms in Tampines and any feedback please ?.
For cardio work I do prefer to use the punch bags than treadmills. Do either / both gyms have these and more importantly, are they in reasonable repair ?.
For strength I tend to prefer free weights and especially the squat rack and a bench press bench. Do both have these and are they in good repair ?.

I do, of course, intend to go down there and check both out but a general feel for them before arriving and getting the hard sell would be much appreciated.

If anyone is interested in partnering up then also drop me a note. True Fitness would probably be preferred but Fitness First is a real possibility as well.

Without dialogues, if you tell them you want something real bad, you will get it real bad.

Postby Alwaysgym » Fri, 22 Mar 2013 1:50 am

Hi there. Are you looking for a gym partner ? I have membership at fitness first Tampines and I would love to have a gym partner. If you want pls contact me at