Singapore Expats

UK-F 27 Relocating to Singapore in mid-Jan help please!

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
steturner123

Post by steturner123 » Wed, 26 Dec 2012 1:49 am

Hey Kaz,

I am also relocating in Jan from the uk.

My new company are getting me a place for the first month then I will be looking for somewhere to stay - also have a similar budget.

Let me know how the hunt goes and give me a shout if you fancy having a coffee.

Steve

frabuzz

Post by frabuzz » Sun, 30 Dec 2012 9:26 pm

Hola!

I'll relocate mid-Jan from EU too, and will have to find a good apt for after first month. How's your packing going? :-)

steturner123

Post by steturner123 » Mon, 31 Dec 2012 12:33 am

I haven't even thought about packing!

Just sorting all my affairs out over here which is difficult with it being holiday season!

Where are you moving from in europe?
Steve

frabuzz

Post by frabuzz » Mon, 31 Dec 2012 8:22 pm

steturner123 wrote:I haven't even thought about packing!

Just sorting all my affairs out over here which is difficult with it being holiday season!

Where are you moving from in europe?
Steve
Eheh yep I can understand - it'll be some quite disordered days among clothes and piles! From Italy

amariem

Post by amariem » Sat, 05 Jan 2013 10:47 am

I'm 28F USA and going to Singapore in a few days too! I found a room to rent on airbnb.com. I hope the room turns out ok, but it is hard to tell since I didn't get to view it in person and I only chose it based on the photos online.

If you want to meet up when you arrive let me know! I won't know many people there either.

frabuzz

Moved to SG and looking for flat-sharing

Post by frabuzz » Thu, 17 Jan 2013 3:20 pm

Hi guys!

I've just moved to Singapore (since Monday evening), and finding it quite great so far! :-)

I'll very soon start to seriously look for housing (flat share, master bedroom in a good condo, possibly on the circle line, all inc. budget 1.5-1.7k average, available to spend little higher for very good solutions - if there are any) and I will be looking for 1 (or 2 max) clean, quiet, and young (around 24-34 y.o.) professionals to share with! Will it be hard? Hope not so :-) Should find a place starting from mid-February.

Let me know if you have similar needs/wants, and in case we may join the forces?

Cheers