Singapore Expats Forum

Philippines trip for cny

Discuss travel and holidays tips and advice here.
User avatar
gizmofreak
Member
Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat, 11 Dec 2010
Location: 194

Philippines trip for cny

Postby gizmofreak » Mon, 03 Dec 2012 10:57 am

I'm planning for a trip to phillippines for Chinese new yr holidays. 2-3 additional vacations days might give a better flight deal. Will most likely book the tickets by this week. If anyone is interested to join, let me know. We can plan out together. Thanks

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Mon, 03 Dec 2012 11:16 am

Good luck getting "cheap" tickets. With the number of Filipinos in Singapore, you're bound to compete with tickets for a chance to get away during the holidays, especially this late.

User avatar
gizmofreak
Member
Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat, 11 Dec 2010
Location: 194

Postby gizmofreak » Mon, 03 Dec 2012 11:35 am

Haha, the meaning of 'cheap' is subjective :)
For me 2 free vacation days means a lot more than ticket prices. I'm doing it for sure. Just got the dates confirmed off work, anyways its never too late. Price to and for abt $250 is still a good deal( I don't care abt the normal price tho)

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9258
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 03 Dec 2012 1:30 pm

gizmofreak wrote:Haha, the meaning of 'cheap' is subjective :)
For me 2 free vacation days means a lot more than ticket prices. I'm doing it for sure. Just got the dates confirmed off work, anyways its never too late. Price to and for abt $250 is still a good deal( I don't care abt the normal price tho)


around CNY, make it 500 $ for flight :D if you haven't t grabbed the 99 peso deals .. yet ..

heliotropic365
Regular
Regular
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri, 19 Apr 2013
Location: Woodlands, Singapore

Postby heliotropic365 » Tue, 14 May 2013 6:27 pm

i've never been the the philippines before, and i'm going there (manila) next week with my wife. we've heard from a couple of people that it might not be safe for chinese-singaporean women. is there any truth in that? what should be look out for? thanks!

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Tue, 14 May 2013 6:34 pm

heliotropic365 wrote:i've never been the the philippines before, and i'm going there (manila) next week with my wife. we've heard from a couple of people that it might not be safe for chinese-singaporean women. is there any truth in that? what should be look out for? thanks!


Yes, because they usually assume everywhere else is as safe as Singapore.

Exercise common sense, street smarts, don't be an ob(li)vious tourist and you'll be fine.

Watch out for pickpockets/snatch thieves and con/scam artists.

heliotropic365
Regular
Regular
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri, 19 Apr 2013
Location: Woodlands, Singapore

Postby heliotropic365 » Tue, 14 May 2013 6:48 pm

nakatago wrote:
heliotropic365 wrote:i've never been the the philippines before, and i'm going there (manila) next week with my wife. we've heard from a couple of people that it might not be safe for chinese-singaporean women. is there any truth in that? what should be look out for? thanks!


Yes, because they usually assume everywhere else is as safe as Singapore.

Exercise common sense, street smarts, don't be an ob(li)vious tourist and you'll be fine.

Watch out for pickpockets/snatch thieves and con/scam artists.


that's a great point, thanks for the advice! really excited about this trip..


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Travel & Holidays”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests