Singapore Expats

Why is my wife Long Pass Rejected?

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
IceecI

Why is my wife Long Pass Rejected?

Post by IceecI » Sat, 01 Dec 2012 2:45 pm

HI all,
I have some issues and hope the Pros here could advice.
My wife is a Vietnamese, we got married in fed 2012. I have a kid from with my later wife.
So after ROM with my Viet Wife, i applied for long term pass as she canceled her SP. It was not approved and of 4mths + of appeal we got a 6mths short term. During this waiting time we have been going in n out Msian about 4 time and we where hold back by the Msian custom ( whom wanna a ang pow ), so its a bad ideal.
Ok so her pass expired around christmas, and we have re-apply , a long term pass via Ica.
Guess what it was not approved again with no reason stated.
Its very stressful as we have a kid at home and he will be in Pri 1 next year. I have to work and she gotta take care of him.

If I'm not wrong, our PM Lee said we need children( birth rate ). So we got married.
I did as what my country needed and plan to have kids. But ICA is making things difficult for Man With Foreign Wife.
A friend of my with a 3yrs old gal also had a hard time getting a long term pass for the mother of their child.

So pls try to advice me on;
What i should do?
What are the reasons its not approved?

Many Thanks in advance
:D

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sat, 01 Dec 2012 3:54 pm

Lots of variables that aren't mentioned and may be unknown to you.

Primarily, her previous immigration history with ICA. In and out of Singapore how often? Your child with a previous marriage isn't helping your case either. All of those together may make it look like a marriage of convenience.

Your income level will also weigh into this. How much a month do you make base salary? (No bonus, commission, etc). Does some of that go to previous wife? If so, how much?

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Sat, 01 Dec 2012 4:24 pm

have you sought help from your local RC or seen your MP?

midnightvisitor

Post by midnightvisitor » Sat, 01 Dec 2012 5:30 pm

Visa/residence permit is always a tricky one, especially when a foreign/Asia wife is involved. Is there any agent that can help? We pay for agents to do that kind of thing in Jakarta.

Good luck and hope alll is resolved before Xmas.

IceecI

Post by IceecI » Sat, 01 Dec 2012 6:14 pm

zzm9980 wrote:Lots of variables that aren't mentioned and may be unknown to you.

Primarily, her previous immigration history with ICA. In and out of Singapore how often? Your child with a previous marriage isn't helping your case either. All of those together may make it look like a marriage of convenience.

Your income level will also weigh into this. How much a month do you make base salary? (No bonus, commission, etc). Does some of that go to previous wife? If so, how much?
I make bout 3.5k.
about twice a yr for holidays

IceecI

Post by IceecI » Sat, 01 Dec 2012 6:16 pm

taxico wrote:have you sought help from your local RC or seen your MP?
The last time i went and get my Mp to write a letter but it is useless also.
but i find no harm meeting up.
lol

IceecI

Post by IceecI » Sat, 01 Dec 2012 6:16 pm

midnightvisitor wrote:Visa/residence permit is always a tricky one, especially when a foreign/Asia wife is involved. Is there any agent that can help? We pay for agents to do that kind of thing in Jakarta.

Good luck and hope alll is resolved before Xmas.
There are agent around here, but they are not so helpful anyway. And no 100%.

iloverice
Regular
Regular

Post by iloverice » Sat, 01 Dec 2012 10:46 pm

How about your wife education background? To be honest, it's not that easy to get the LTVP nowadays after a lot of 'abuse' from the previous batches of foreign wives in SG.

IceecI

Post by IceecI » Sat, 01 Dec 2012 11:09 pm

iloverice wrote:How about your wife education background? To be honest, it's not that easy to get the LTVP nowadays after a lot of 'abuse' from the previous batches of foreign wives in SG.
Back in her country her highest is Degree and in singapore is Dip.

iloverice
Regular
Regular

Re: Why is my wife Long Pass Rejected?

Post by iloverice » Sat, 01 Dec 2012 11:39 pm

IceecI wrote:HI all,
My wife is a Vietnamese, we got married in fed 2012. I have a kid from with my later wife.
So after ROM with my Viet Wife, i applied for long term pass as she canceled her SP. It was not approved and of 4mths + of appeal we got a 6mths short term. During this waiting time we have been going in n out Msian about 4 time and we where hold back by the Msian custom ( whom wanna a ang pow ), so its a bad ideal.
Ok so her pass expired around christmas, and we have re-apply , a long term pass via Ica.
Its very stressful as we have a kid at home and he will be in Pri 1 next year. I have to work and she gotta take care of him.

If I'm not wrong, our PM Lee said we need children( birth rate ). So we got married.
I did as what my country needed and plan to have kids. But ICA is making things difficult for Man With Foreign Wife.
A friend of my with a 3yrs old gal also had a hard time getting a long term pass for the mother of their child.

What i should do?

Many Thanks in advance
I wonder, what did you mean with SP? Is it spass or social visit pass? I fully understand your worry on the Pri 1 matter, but if your wife worked here before, maybe she could go back to work and you could arrange another alternative for your son such as student care? I know it's tough, a child need a mother, but with your wife back to work, at least you will be together as family. Well, it's just my opinion.

IceecI

Post by IceecI » Sun, 02 Dec 2012 12:08 am

iloverice wrote:

What i should do?

Many Thanks in advance
I wonder, what did you mean with SP? Is it spass or social visit pass? I fully understand your worry on the Pri 1 matter, but if your wife worked here before, maybe she could go back to work and you could arrange another alternative for your son such as student care? I know it's tough, a child need a mother, but with your wife back to work, at least you will be together as family. Well, it's just my opinion.
Spass.
thanks for ur advice.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sun, 02 Dec 2012 1:33 pm

IceecI wrote:
iloverice wrote:

What i should do?

Many Thanks in advance
Spass.
thanks for ur advice.

So she was given an s-pass to work here before? Interesting, she should be qualified enough for LTVP I would assume.

3.5k should be enough for a wife(I believe mininum is $2.8k), but they may be factoring the ex-wife into that amount. I'm not sure how much more per wife they would want you to make.

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Sun, 02 Dec 2012 5:32 pm

To me this situation is very wrong and unfortunate.... especially given the problem for some SC men in finding a wife among the 6 c chasing prima donna female SC's.
Now I'm called PNGMK

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Sun, 02 Dec 2012 8:32 pm

IceecI wrote:
taxico wrote:have you sought help from your local RC or seen your MP?
The last time i went and get my Mp to write a letter but it is useless also.
but i find no harm meeting up.
lol
MPs have a little more weight these days. perhaps you should try another one - maybe one in your parents' or siblings' GRC/SMC.

and why did she cancel her S pass?

if i've read your original post correctly, you may be married, but where's the child you've made with her?

perhaps the problem is that your son was not born by your current vietnamese wife but from a previous marriage (6-7 year old boy, but you only got married to her in feb 2012).

IceecI

Post by IceecI » Mon, 03 Dec 2012 12:03 am

zzm9980 wrote:
IceecI wrote:
iloverice wrote: I wonder, what did you mean with SP? Is it spass or social visit pass? I fully understand your worry on the Pri 1 matter, but if your wife worked here before, maybe she could go back to work and you could arrange another alternative for your son such as student care? I know it's tough, a child need a mother, but with your wife back to work, at least you will be together as family. Well, it's just my opinion.
Spass.
thanks for ur advice.

So she was given an s-pass to work here before? Interesting, she should be qualified enough for LTVP I would assume.

3.5k should be enough for a wife(I believe mininum is $2.8k), but they may be factoring the ex-wife into that amount. I'm not sure how much more per wife they would want you to make.
Hi,
as mention is late wife( pass away ).
:)