Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for Trekking partners

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
iamterriblysorry

Looking for Trekking partners

Postby iamterriblysorry » Sat, 01 Dec 2012 8:23 am

Hi guys,

I am looking for partners to go for trekking around Singapore on Weekends.

I have hiked quiet a few trails in India, mostly one or two day treks with overnight camping through unmarked terrain.

I would like to do the same thing around Singapore, starting with peninsular Malaysia. I almost always trek on weekends.
I wanted to head to Gunung Pintang alone today but my pet sitter screwed it up and I have no place to host my dog today so I will go there next weekend.
This trail is reported to be quiet easy but its supposed to have a beautiful view and its just 1.5 hours from Singapore. I might take a tent and I might camp on the peak at night if it feels like fun and if all the group members have a tent else we will come down from there during the day.

I am looking for a group of not more than 5 people to join me. if you are reasonably fit and not excessively obese you should be very fine for this one, you don't need previous trekking experience. Send me a mail at shantanu at cpan dott com if you are interested in joining in.

Cheers :)
-Shan

PS: I am also looking for people who would like to care for my little dog on weekends for a reasonable price or in exchange for me taking care of their pets on their excursions.

Disclaimer: Trekkers will trek at their own risk and while I try to help co-trekkers where I can, I am not responsible for anyone else's safety.

carteki
Editor
Editor

Postby carteki » Sun, 02 Dec 2012 11:40 am

Do a look at meetup.com for SANL and HTTB and YMCA. All are fairly active trekking groups, although very Singaporean in how they are managed. SANL has a message board where you can post for others to join you on your own treks.

madmat

Pet sitting

Postby madmat » Thu, 06 Dec 2012 3:21 pm

Hi,
I'd love to look after your dog on weekends and holiday :-)

jamestheseg

Postby jamestheseg » Thu, 03 Jan 2013 7:32 am

Hey,

I'm moving to Singapore on the 10th of Jan and would be keen on day and overnight tramps. I've done a few good ones here in NZ (the pinnacles, tongariro crossing) and would love to see some more!

I'm a 23 yr old british guy who has been living in NZ for the last 8 years.

Cheers,

James

iamterriblysorry

Postby iamterriblysorry » Thu, 17 Jan 2013 5:35 pm

Hah that sounds good!
can you PM me your number or email and I will hit you up with my plans for the next trek.
cheers!

yangg

Postby yangg » Thu, 31 Jan 2013 10:47 am

Hi

I'm a 22 year old male local.
I don't really have experience trekking, but am definitely interested.

As I can't PM you, here's my email address, chen280@hotmail.com.

Neon09

Postby Neon09 » Thu, 31 Jan 2013 5:09 pm

mate! this sounds like a fantastic idea. Keep us posted! I am jumping in as well.

Cheers