21, F, From States

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Re: Hii

Postby offshoreoildude » Wed, 19 Dec 2012 12:05 pm

Diggy wrote:Hello bful people,

I have recently moved to singapore. I am looking for a female partner who would like to join me at Panjea ( night club at marina bay). I have a bottle oh whiskey there under my tab and in no mood to go alone and drink. Let me know if anybody is interested.

Btw i am 24 male from India

No offense buddy but that post made my skin crawl and I'm a man. The women must be puking their guts out in their trash cans right now.
Now I'm called PNGMK

Diggy

Postby Diggy » Wed, 19 Dec 2012 12:11 pm

Haha...I didnt know it oculd make your skin crawl. I just put it straight forward.

Let me put it in a decent way -

Hi everyone, Looking to make decent friends ..only for hanging out!

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Wed, 19 Dec 2012 1:58 pm

Diggy wrote:Haha...I didnt know it oculd make your skin crawl. I just put it straight forward.

Let me put it in a decent way -

Hi everyone, Looking to make decent friends ..only for hanging out!

I'll be frank: we got lots of Indian men from India posting to threads started by females in their 20's asking the poster if they want to hang out. And they're too forward. We also sometimes get PMs from women complaining about creeps bothering them.

Your posts were mostly in threads by women in their 20's except that one post you did for cricket.

Diggy

Postby Diggy » Wed, 19 Dec 2012 2:12 pm

Mr. Moderator,

Since you are being frank. let me be frank too.

This is an open forum with options of posting as per your preference. Whether football.. Cricket..hosing..dating, etc.

Within the given options I chose to post in the group where I am most likely to find people I can hang out with.

Secondly, When we are in an open forum, I have posted a friendly invite about what I like doing. I like partying and drinking and asked if someone wants to join in. You are free to ignore the post if that doesnt interest you like I did for several other posts.

Lastly, What point are you trying to make here?

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Wed, 19 Dec 2012 2:29 pm

There is a sub-forum for sports, and there's a sister forum exactly for "Dating & Friends". Why ask for a "female" partner? Why not just ask people who wants to hang out? And share a glass of whisky with you?

I personally seen and made invites to a couple of sport outings, like climbing or volleyball in this sub-forum of 20's Club, cause those are events anyway... :wink:

You are now sounding a lot like the guy who I went to his party out of sheer "adventure" with a couple of my friends, who I have to say, is a pretty good guy, just misunderstood.

1.) He posted the same message over and over again in various threads.
2.) The words he used in his post as well as his reply isn't really making anybody comfortable to get to know him as a person. And by "making anybody comfortable" I don't mean that they were rude, I meant they're creepy. Like yours now...

I think a couple of mods would remember who that is...

And by the way, what Nakatago said was that for you NOT to post repetitive (and therefore SPAM) messages. He never said you could NOT make friends.

I have nothing against Indians, but just like what Nak said, there has been too many incidents in this particular forum where the women are getting digitally harassed by people who most unfortunately came from India after they had shared contact details or even after meeting in person.
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Wed, 19 Dec 2012 2:36 pm

Diggy wrote:Mr. Moderator,

Since you are being frank. let me be frank too.

This is an open forum with options of posting as per your preference. Whether football.. Cricket..hosing..dating, etc.

Within the given options I chose to post in the group where I am most likely to find people I can hang out with.

Secondly, When we are in an open forum, I have posted a friendly invite about what I like doing. I like partying and drinking and asked if someone wants to join in. You are free to ignore the post if that doesnt interest you like I did for several other posts.

Lastly, What point are you trying to make here?

My point is, you join a community, you abide by that community's practices and norms. You don't just come in and impose what you think that community should be.

Diggy

Postby Diggy » Wed, 19 Dec 2012 2:37 pm

Digitally Harassed? LoL

Guys, I didnt mean to offend or digitally harass anyone. Is it coz I didnt ask males, you are getting offended.

Chill!

Would you like to join me for whiskey Aki and Naka?

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Wed, 19 Dec 2012 2:40 pm

Diggy wrote:Digitally Harassed? LoL

Guys, I didnt mean to offend or digitally harass anyone. Is it coz I didnt ask males, you are getting offended.

Chill!

Would you like to join me for whiskey Aki and Naka?

We didn't get offended; we're just nipping a common, albeit inadvertent problem at the bud. We don't want single females to stop posting just because of some men who are too confident.

Thanks for your offer of whiskey but I'm busy this time of year. And I got a bottle of Jack still.

Diggy

Postby Diggy » Wed, 19 Dec 2012 3:09 pm

Okay...Merry Xmas!!

Cheers!

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Akimbo » Wed, 19 Dec 2012 3:33 pm

I'd be glad too, but I don't like Panjea. I'm also full of plans till the end of the year with friends. Maybe some other time for another thing for a glass of Black Label
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.