Singapore Expats Forum

Buying Tyres On-Line

Discuss anything relating to automotive here, from car leasing to buying a vehicle.

Sponsored by:
AVIS Car Rental
Travailes
Chatter
Chatter

Buying Tyres On-Line

Postby Travailes » Thu, 29 Nov 2012 9:49 am

Finally found something that's cheaper 'on-line' in Singapore !
Tyrepac.com (no connection to me).
Order your tyres, 2 day turn-around and specify where you want them fitted from a host of garages.
I will have saved over $90 per tyre compared to a well known high street chain that advertises "Cheap on Tuesdays' amongst other claims. They just lost my business !
You can be a king or a street sweeper, but everyone gets to dance with the grim reaper.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 29 Nov 2012 12:02 pm

Good one! I'm in the market at the present time to replace the rubber on a Kia. But need to sort out close & front end alignment as well. I see some of their installers also provide that as well, so this could save a bit of bread. Thanks for the link!

:)

ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager

Postby ScoobyDoes » Fri, 30 Nov 2012 10:49 am

I've used these guys three times through the last five years here, and have nothing to complain about. Their website has live online chat with a service agent that can answer a good number of questions but you still really need to do your own research online about the specific tyre you want.

When I see what they have, I cross check pricing and reviews to see if it is suitable or not, everybody's style is different.
'When Lewis Hamilton wins a race he has to thank Vodafone whereas in my day I used to chase the crumpet. I know which era I'd rather race in.'

SIR Stirling Moss OBE