Singapore Expats Forum

Very happy with surgery by Dr Nara BUT

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
shinystarry1979
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 21 Nov 2012

Very happy with surgery by Dr Nara BUT

Postby shinystarry1979 » Wed, 21 Nov 2012 3:18 pm

Hi,

I've been lurking in this forum for many many years and finally plucked up courage to do nose and cheek implants at Dr Nara ten days ago. I love the results, i think most of the swelling is gone. I love Dr Nara, seriously. However I have a big problem; I look much better to myself and quite different from how I used to at certain angles.

May I know what you guys who have done surgery tell other people when they ask if you've done something? I think ps still not accepted in singapore society so even though i myself have accepted it common sense tells me I should not be too honest. If someone asks me outrightly if I've done ps is it better to admit or deny? If I deny then how do I explain my face changing?

Can anyone who has gone through this give me some advice? I also want to thank aadvark for recommending Dr Nara, am very satisfied and comfortable with my face now .

shinystarry1979
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 21 Nov 2012

Postby shinystarry1979 » Sat, 24 Nov 2012 6:52 pm

Help I think I am going quite mad. One moment I love the results, the next moment I catch a glimpse of myself and get freaked out because I look so different. My family members say I look different, not better. I feel like flying to hatyai to take the cheek implants out but then I will be spending so much money and time to make a 360 degree turn. Sometimes I like the results, other times I feel such regret. I thought I was prepared for this but guess I'm not. It's emotionally quite scary.

Loke
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed, 10 Oct 2012

Postby Loke » Mon, 26 Nov 2012 3:52 pm

shinystarry1979 wrote:Help I think I am going quite mad. One moment I love the results, the next moment I catch a glimpse of myself and get freaked out because I look so different. My family members say I look different, not better. I feel like flying to hatyai to take the cheek implants out but then I will be spending so much money and time to make a 360 degree turn. Sometimes I like the results, other times I feel such regret. I thought I was prepared for this but guess I'm not. It's emotionally quite scary.


Hi shinystarry1979,

That means u are not satisfy with your surgery which is done by Dr Nara?

kindly reply to my email phuiman_loke1127@hotmail.com

shinystarry1979
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 21 Nov 2012

Postby shinystarry1979 » Mon, 26 Nov 2012 8:26 pm

I'm very happy with how I look, but expected a more subtle change. Was too impulsive and did both cheeks and nose. Very worried that others may think I look completely different. My nose is quite a lot sharper and my face projects out a lot more where it used to be very flat. I thought I will only have a subtle change. Someone said to me that I look Eurasion, that my features are nice and sharp, which makes me worry more. I guess I'm too afraid of what people i know may think if its obvious I've had surgery.

Dr nara is very nice and did a great job. It's just that the recovery is a nightmare for me emotionally. I keep flip flopping between wanting to take out the nose implant and leaving in it. A lot of anxiety, almost wish I never did it.

shinystarry1979
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 21 Nov 2012

Postby shinystarry1979 » Wed, 28 Nov 2012 3:13 pm

Hello,

Noone has really responded to me yet so I feel like I'm talking to myself lol.
But nvm let me tell my embarrassing story so maybe someone in my shoes can learn from my mistake!
I had a thin flat face all my life and have been thinking of cheek implants for many years. I wanted to add fullness to the lower cheek area. Basically I imagined a fuller, softer face. I researched cheek implants and realised there were many types, and some of them could help me reach my goal.

When I went to see doctor Nara I tried to show him what I meant by using my fingers to manipulate my face. Ended up doing a nose job too although I only wanted alarplasty, because Dr Nara said alar alone wouldnt be nice
.
The reason I say I look better but different is that with the cheek implants I ended up having bony ridges under and to the side of my eyes. It was not what I envisioned for myself at all. It was more of a sculptured look, but I wanted a softer look in an entirely different area. i thought I had made it clear to him and requested to see the implants. He said I could see them during the operation but ended up not showing them to me.

Today I finally went to remove the cheek implants after many days of struggling with myself. I was glad I did when I saw them. They were very small, but not smooth and contoured like I had hoped they would be. They were carved with many sharp, flat edges. The placement was also higher up near the eye area. I guess some people might like that look but I just found that I looked too different.

In the end I spent a bomb trying to fix things-- I had fillers to smooth out the suddenly hollow areas under my new cheeks, and then in the end I took out my cheek implants. I'm embarrassed to say how much I spent in total!

Please don't be idiotic like me. It's always better to play it safe and go for subtler changes. And communication with the doctor is very important, else you get what you don't want and end up wasting your time and money. I blame myself for this, not Dr Nara, who was very nice and professional.

I left my nose implant alone. I like it and think it enhances my look. It's a relief to have this all over.

User avatar
mandeline Yap
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed, 10 Mar 2010
Location: Singapore

Postby mandeline Yap » Thu, 29 Nov 2012 9:17 am

Hi,

Why you never think of this question before you did your plastic surgery? I did rhinoplasty, filler on my face, double eyelids and plan to do chin implant with Dr. Nara.

I don't bother what ppl said about me, I don't care at all. I'm satisfied with the result each time I had my surgery. My hubby also quite support me. If anyone come to me and said you look pretty...did you do anything to your face? If those are just friends and not really close friends, I just reply them " I often go for facial using latest machine to lift up my face and I take new type of collegen to make my face bright and lifting"...If those that I really close with, I will declared I went for plastic surgery and I will recommend them.

Yeah...not many Singaporean can accept the fact of plastic surgery but nows days they also slowly accept the fact ...if you read online news...you will see almost every month ppl talking about plastic surgery...I'm salute to those blogger like Xiaxue, Qiu Qiu, Jacqualine Chan and Dawn Yang (but she doesn't admit- very fake)....A lot of celebrities also under gone plastic surgery. Human like to see beautiful things...slowly they will forgot the plastic surgery you have done and start to accept your new look.

So, don't bother what ppl said. The most important you must satisfy with your look and happy. I'm going to Nara soon next year. End of this year I'm going to meet Dr. Arthur at Medan.

You can contact me if you want to find someone discuss about plastic surgery. We can exchange our experinces....cheers: 8-)
Myap

shinystarry1979
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 21 Nov 2012

Postby shinystarry1979 » Fri, 30 Nov 2012 1:19 pm

Honestly I'm very embarrassed by my own vanity.
I have been very unhappy with my flat sunken face for many years that's why I went for cheek augmentation. People like dawn yang xiaxue Jacqueline Heng etc etc are not my heroes at all, they come across as very frivolous and attention-seeking. I just felt low about my looks and wanted to look better to myself. I think majority of ps patients are like me.
I will try cheek augmentation again, except with a long-lasting filler like sculptra, to get rid of that haggard unhappy look. But not so soon, big hole burnt in pocket. Thanks Mandeline for your advice--- at least someone responded :p

ryansapa
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat, 29 Dec 2012
Location: sydney

Postby ryansapa » Sat, 29 Dec 2012 7:04 pm

hello.. i am a guy from sydney...i am doing nose implant and dimples with dr nara in jan.....was thinking of doing cheek implants too....i dont want it to be too big like a woman ...can i see ur photos somehow??

ryansapa
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat, 29 Dec 2012
Location: sydney

Postby ryansapa » Sun, 13 Jan 2013 1:09 am

so i went ahead and did nose dimples n cheeks with dr nara..
my face is round so i was expecting some chiseled eurasian look u talked about..he only does cheeks implants fron d front under d existing cheek bones..is that wat u did?..did he oearce a needle thru ur face??..and tied a knot to fix d cheekbones in place?..i neva read abt this technique...i dnt kno how my cheeks supposed to look .i m still swollen...my face just swolken n round...anyone has done cheeks with dr nara?..please share ur experience...

terrie35
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2008

Postby terrie35 » Mon, 14 Jan 2013 6:19 am

shinystarry1979 wrote:Honestly I'm very embarrassed by my own vanity.
I have been very unhappy with my flat sunken face for many years that's why I went for cheek augmentation. People like dawn yang xiaxue Jacqueline Heng etc etc are not my heroes at all, they come across as very frivolous and attention-seeking. I just felt low about my looks and wanted to look better to myself. I think majority of ps patients are like me.
I will try cheek augmentation again, except with a long-lasting filler like sculptra, to get rid of that haggard unhappy look. But not so soon, big hole burnt in pocket. Thanks Mandeline for your advice--- at least someone responded :p


Hi, wonder if you are still reading this forum. Don't worry, I am also vain. And I took out the silicon implant from my nose just after 6 weeks!

terrie35
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 202
Joined: Thu, 17 Apr 2008

Postby terrie35 » Mon, 14 Jan 2013 6:20 am

shinystarry1979 wrote:Honestly I'm very embarrassed by my own vanity.
I have been very unhappy with my flat sunken face for many years that's why I went for cheek augmentation. People like dawn yang xiaxue Jacqueline Heng etc etc are not my heroes at all, they come across as very frivolous and attention-seeking. I just felt low about my looks and wanted to look better to myself. I think majority of ps patients are like me.
I will try cheek augmentation again, except with a long-lasting filler like sculptra, to get rid of that haggard unhappy look. But not so soon, big hole burnt in pocket. Thanks Mandeline for your advice--- at least someone responded :p


Hi, wonder if you are still reading this forum. I have not been to this forum for a long time.
Don't worry, I am also vain. And I took out the silicon implant from my nose just after 6 weeks!

this_dude
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 05 Dec 2012

Postby this_dude » Wed, 30 Jan 2013 8:51 pm

Does dr Nara do jaw implants? Or does anyone know any good doctors in Thailand who do jaw implants?

Thanks

jennylim
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri, 22 Mar 2013

Postby jennylim » Fri, 22 Mar 2013 6:39 pm

mandeline Yap wrote:Hi,

Why you never think of this question before you did your plastic surgery? I did rhinoplasty, filler on my face, double eyelids and plan to do chin implant with Dr. Nara.

I don't bother what ppl said about me, I don't care at all. I'm satisfied with the result each time I had my surgery. My hubby also quite support me. If anyone come to me and said you look pretty...did you do anything to your face? If those are just friends and not really close friends, I just reply them " I often go for facial using latest machine to lift up my face and I take new type of collegen to make my face bright and lifting"...If those that I really close with, I will declared I went for plastic surgery and I will recommend them.

Yeah...not many Singaporean can accept the fact of plastic surgery but nows days they also slowly accept the fact ...if you read online news...you will see almost every month ppl talking about plastic surgery...I'm salute to those blogger like Xiaxue, Qiu Qiu, Jacqualine Chan and Dawn Yang (but she doesn't admit- very fake)....A lot of celebrities also under gone plastic surgery. Human like to see beautiful things...slowly they will forgot the plastic surgery you have done and start to accept your new look.

So, don't bother what ppl said. The most important you must satisfy with your look and happy. I'm going to Nara soon next year. End of this year I'm going to meet Dr. Arthur at Medan.

You can contact me if you want to find someone discuss about plastic surgery. We can exchange our experinces....cheers: 8-)


Can you pls email me your double eyelid photo? i plan to go for Dr Nara or Dr Kim korea. But i really need to consider as this is my 3rd times to do my double eyelid. My eamil: jlov3j_82@yahoo.com


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests