Singapore Expats Forum

MBBS Doctor jobs in Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

sailaja_jun14
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue, 20 Nov 2012

MBBS Doctor jobs in Singapore

Postby sailaja_jun14 » Tue, 20 Nov 2012 11:19 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am living in Singapore since 2009, I am working in IT, am a PR, I wanted to know about the mbbs doctors jobs in Singapore as I have no idea in this medical industry, I am new to this forum, My sister completed her MBBS from MNR Medical college from NTR Health Sciences University, Andhra Pradesh and currently doing house surgeon, so I want her to work in SIngapore but no idea how to apply or she needs to study in singapore to register in Singapore Medical Council??

Please can anyone advise me, how to try a doctor job for my sister in Singapore, Is her MBBS degree recognised in Singapore or she needs to go for furthur studies here??

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Sailaja.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34536
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: MBBS Doctor jobs in Singapore

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 20 Nov 2012 11:54 pm

sailaja_jun14 wrote:Hi Everyone,

I am living in Singapore since 2009, I am working in IT, am a PR, I wanted to know about the mbbs doctors jobs in Singapore as I have no idea in this medical industry, I am new to this forum, My sister completed her MBBS from MNR Medical college from NTR Health Sciences University, Andhra Pradesh and currently doing house surgeon, so I want her to work in SIngapore but no idea how to apply or she needs to study in singapore to register in Singapore Medical Council??

Please can anyone advise me, how to try a doctor job for my sister in Singapore, Is her MBBS degree recognised in Singapore or she needs to go for furthur studies here??

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Sailaja.


Start Here:

http://www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_web/h ... ation.html

sailaja_jun14
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue, 20 Nov 2012

Postby sailaja_jun14 » Wed, 21 Nov 2012 12:10 am

Thank you so much for the link, This really helps.

I have one more simple question, My sister's medical degree is from NTR Health Sciences, which is not recognised by SMC, in that case she need to go for furthur studies in Singapore medical universities? Any other option?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34536
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 21 Nov 2012 6:58 am

Nope, none that I'm aware of, short of going to a recognized university. Dentists have been having a heck of a problem as up until just a couple years ago, there were NO Indian Dental degrees recognized at all. If she wants to work here she will have to play it by the numbers.

User avatar
taxico
Director
Director
Posts: 3186
Joined: Sat, 10 May 2008
Location: Existential dilemma!

Postby taxico » Sat, 24 Nov 2012 4:33 pm

sailaja_jun14 wrote:Thank you so much for the link, This really helps.

I have one more simple question, My sister's medical degree is from NTR Health Sciences, which is not recognised by SMC, in that case she need to go for furthur studies in Singapore medical universities? Any other option?


she'd have to take the qualifying exam. the QE is held once a year.

the passing rate is quite low (~20%) not because the examination is difficult but because the candidates whose diplomas are not recognized are usually not adequately trained to singapore's NUS med school standards.

the QE is equivalent to singapore MBBS final year exam. taking the QE is a privilege, not a right.

or she can complete a postgraduate qualification recognized by SMC, but this is probably more difficult than the first option, and definitely more expensive and time consuming.

more information at www.smc.gov.sg or by contacting the SMC secretariat. details at the same website.

she should best try to secure a job offer first - doctors without recognized diplomas may get registration in certain areas of need (T&C apply).

try www.mohh.com.sg

babji
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon, 26 Nov 2012

Postby babji » Mon, 26 Nov 2012 7:22 pm

I'm also a doctor from India,just came to Singapore employed in NUHS.
I got job easily as I'm from recognized college..but have been trying for my gf,who is not from SMC recognized college....MOHH Bluntly refused my request for her employment...

User avatar
taxico
Director
Director
Posts: 3186
Joined: Sat, 10 May 2008
Location: Existential dilemma!

Postby taxico » Mon, 26 Nov 2012 10:36 pm

welcome, "doctor from india, just came to singapore employed in NUHS!"

i trust you have been adjusting well to NUHS. are you keeping your elbows exposed and enjoying the interactions with radiologists?

i'm sure you know that every candidate is different and MOHH has their reasons for "bluntly refusing your request for her employment."

while singapore is desperate for doctors, surely you do not expect everyone that has "completed" med school to be hired so easily?

remember: for most people, working overseas is a privilege, not a right. or as some call it... luck.

babji
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon, 26 Nov 2012

Postby babji » Sun, 02 Dec 2012 9:26 pm

We'll actually,I've nt started working yet...Collected my work pass on dec1st..
May be this at the end of December second week I will start with the hospital...

Yeah sure I respect the decision of MOHH as such..but since that she can't be employed here...now there is a whole lot of uncertainty that's all..

User avatar
taxico
Director
Director
Posts: 3186
Joined: Sat, 10 May 2008
Location: Existential dilemma!

Postby taxico » Sun, 02 Dec 2012 10:18 pm

enjoy the "changes." ha ha.

keylimepie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 13 Dec 2012

some advise wanted...

Postby keylimepie » Thu, 13 Dec 2012 2:09 am

@babji: I am a doctor from an mohh credentialled institiute (AIIMS).I graduated in 2010 and have accumulated 2 and half year of work since. I wanted to clarify whether to contact mohh or apply to individual hospitals directly to work in singapore? or do you need a post graduate degree to apply? can you help shed some light on this confusion.

User avatar
taxico
Director
Director
Posts: 3186
Joined: Sat, 10 May 2008
Location: Existential dilemma!

Re: some advise wanted...

Postby taxico » Sat, 15 Dec 2012 1:57 pm

keylimepie wrote:...I wanted to clarify whether to contact mohh or apply to individual hospitals directly to work in singapore? or do you need a post graduate degree to apply?


apply to the hospital/cluster directly. check out the INTEGRATED CARE paragraph in this link

http://www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_web/h ... ystem.html

you don't necessarily need a post-grad degree. many FMGs have only a basic medical degree. of course it helps.

keylimepie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 13 Dec 2012

Postby keylimepie » Mon, 17 Dec 2012 10:42 am

thnx taxico. will apply directly. wasnt aware f it. jus found the blog.. thnx again.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9794
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: some advise wanted...

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 17 Dec 2012 2:02 pm

keylimepie wrote:@babji: I am a doctor from an mohh credentialled institiute (AIIMS).I graduated in 2010 and have accumulated 2 and half year of work since. I wanted to clarify whether to contact mohh or apply to individual hospitals directly to work in singapore? or do you need a post graduate degree to apply? can you help shed some light on this confusion.


with 2 year post graduation experience (I hope this excludes your housemanship) you may be taken in as a Clinical Associate .. equivalent of MO here ..

Look up jobs for Clinical Associates.

keylimepie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 13 Dec 2012

seeking knowledge..

Postby keylimepie » Sun, 06 Jan 2013 10:19 pm

oh.k. thnx mate. wil look up for jobs if ne available for clinical associate or MO. cn i ask one more thing tho.. what to expect in the interview. i m a total nubie regarding dat. do i need to brush up on emergency conditions. or stdy like final proff exams. ??

keylimepie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 13 Dec 2012

Postby keylimepie » Sun, 06 Jan 2013 10:24 pm

@ ecureilx
it excludes my housemanship.. U mean internship ryt? in India we have a different terminology for all this stuff. Hope its gud enuff.. :D


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests