Singapore Expats

Singapore Airlines website - krisflyer both MASSIVE FAIL

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Singapore Airlines website - krisflyer both MASSIVE FAIL

Post by offshoreoildude » Sun, 18 Nov 2012 7:48 pm

How can a world class airline have such an abortion of a website? It's not getting better - it's getting worse! I don't want animantions and fancying spinning arrows - I want the old one back! :evil:

Once again I'm in Limboland - has my Amex actually been charged? Am I booked on the flight I wanted or a different one or not at all. When I log in I just get a blank screen. Even the Strangling times has been reporting complaints about it.
Now I'm called PNGMK

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Sun, 18 Nov 2012 7:51 pm

Oh I hate these freaks.

"One or more of the components in the booking that you tried to retrieve is not processed completely. We are trying to process this offline. Please try again later".
Now I'm called PNGMK

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Mon, 19 Nov 2012 8:34 am

Their "new" site with all of the eye candy is indeed a joke that works less often than it breaks;

Callput
Regular
Regular

Post by Callput » Mon, 19 Nov 2012 11:28 am

What browser are you using? If it is IE, make sure you have the latest, i.e. IE 8, it may not work well with the older versions.

ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager

Post by ScoobyDoes » Mon, 19 Nov 2012 12:21 pm

Callput wrote:What browser are you using? If it is IE, make sure you have the latest, i.e. IE 8, it may not work well with the older versions.

The issue is much bigger than that!! For a year and a half since SQ implemented its new website there have been serious issues with regards booking and paying. Recently, since an enhancement, it got even worse.

I try to do the very basics on the website, but even then in the last month I have had to spend probably an hour or more on the phone trying to resolve very basic issues.......ones that AirAsia, Tiger, Jet* and all other CHEAP airlines do in their sleep.

SQ now can't even get their button graphics to line up straight anymore.

Has anybody been held accountantable? In typical Singapore style, not bloody likely!

Since I don't appreciate snorting out an arm and a leg to fly with these muppets more than I have to, the bulk of my flights have been on Swiss, Thai and Asiana where service is all exemplory. I even fly Garuda to Indonesia now, which I didn't before, because the price difference is unjustifiable.
'When Lewis Hamilton wins a race he has to thank Vodafone whereas in my day I used to chase the crumpet. I know which era I'd rather race in.'

SIR Stirling Moss OBE

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Mon, 19 Nov 2012 1:13 pm

Callput wrote:What browser are you using? If it is IE, make sure you have the latest, i.e. IE 8, it may not work well with the older versions.
It's not client side issues, these are back ends. Trying to modify bookings and getting "Internal Server Error 500"s, or even half-way through the booking process. Picking seats, having it die, and not knowing if they were saved or not. Don't even get me started on the "Remember my Kris Flyer" login checkbox pretty much doing nothing, or at best, remembering it for about 45 minutes.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Mon, 19 Nov 2012 1:48 pm

zzm9980 wrote:
It's not client side issues, these are back ends. Trying to modify bookings and getting "Internal Server Error 500"s, or even half-way through the booking process. Picking seats, having it die, and not knowing if they were saved or not. Don't even get me started on the "Remember my Kris Flyer" login checkbox pretty much doing nothing, or at best, remembering it for about 45 minutes.
It was ok for me when I booked tickets for me and my girlfriend for the holidays using my Krisflyer miles. Used Chromium.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager

Post by ScoobyDoes » Mon, 19 Nov 2012 1:59 pm

zzm9980 wrote:Don't even get me started on the "Remember my Kris Flyer" login checkbox pretty much doing nothing, or at best, remembering it for about 45 minutes.

Ah, for me that part basically works unless I have logged into the site from a different PC. So long as I keep using the same one, not a problem.

Last two bookings I made within the last month, I got through to the payment screen, entered the OTR from the bank and it failed. A call to SQ showed my booking was confirmed, seats assigned, special kids meal for the little one assigned but the ONLY thing missing was the payment.

Given SQ's mounting losses, I would have thought getting paid was the most important aspect of their site but they obviously are not worried about it too much. For every one that failed they have another passenger prepared to pay double other carriers......just in case.
'When Lewis Hamilton wins a race he has to thank Vodafone whereas in my day I used to chase the crumpet. I know which era I'd rather race in.'

SIR Stirling Moss OBE

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Mon, 19 Nov 2012 3:05 pm

nakatago wrote:
zzm9980 wrote:
It was ok for me when I booked tickets for me and my girlfriend for the holidays using my Krisflyer miles. Used Chromium.
Problems are intermittent. Browser won't matter. It is slowly getting better over the past 12-18 months (since the update) but it still has issues periodically.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Mon, 19 Nov 2012 3:09 pm

ScoobyDoes wrote:
zzm9980 wrote:Don't even get me started on the "Remember my Kris Flyer" login checkbox pretty much doing nothing, or at best, remembering it for about 45 minutes.

Ah, for me that part basically works unless I have logged into the site from a different PC. So long as I keep using the same one, not a problem.

Last two bookings I made within the last month, I got through to the payment screen, entered the OTR from the bank and it failed. A call to SQ showed my booking was confirmed, seats assigned, special kids meal for the little one assigned but the ONLY thing missing was the payment.

Given SQ's mounting losses, I would have thought getting paid was the most important aspect of their site but they obviously are not worried about it too much. For every one that failed they have another passenger prepared to pay double other carriers......just in case.

Using a credit card which requires that OTR (Verified by Visa/MasterCard secure code) is supposed to verify you paid and not require presenting your card at check-in. I was told by an SQ agent at their Orchard Office that it's automatic, if I enter that data (and it is required for online transactions) the checkin will be unlocked at the airport. If it's not unlocked, they cannot print my boarding pass without the last 4 digits of the CC. Except when it doesn't. I had it happen once, I even had the printed online confirmation to show I paid online when I went to the airport. They had no explanation how I could have printed that (saying I paid) and the system not recording it properly. Luckily, I found the CC I booked with buried in my passport wallet. I usually leave it at home.

ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager

Post by ScoobyDoes » Mon, 19 Nov 2012 3:21 pm

zzm9980 wrote: Using a credit card which requires that OTR (Verified by Visa/MasterCard secure code) is supposed to verify you paid and not require presenting your card at check-in. I was told by an SQ agent at their Orchard Office that it's automatic, if I enter that data (and it is required for online transactions) the checkin will be unlocked at the airport. If it's not unlocked, they cannot print my boarding pass without the last 4 digits of the CC. Except when it doesn't. I had it happen once, I even had the printed online confirmation to show I paid online when I went to the airport. They had no explanation how I could have printed that (saying I paid) and the system not recording it properly. Luckily, I found the CC I booked with buried in my passport wallet. I usually leave it at home.

I got the OTR/OTP but when I entered it into the site it said it hadn't been accepted or processed and my colleague here has the same issues.

Certainly I hadn't received my ticket instantly like I used to do as soon as the number was processed. My profile showed the booking as 'Confirmed' but I don't know if they have it marked as being paid - I don't want to take the risk of just turning up at the airport.

The only other site that causes me some problems is Asiana but their service staff/email support is far superior to SQ and it actually feels more painless.

SIR Stirling Moss OBE

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Mon, 19 Nov 2012 3:38 pm

zzm9980 wrote:
I think you're right - I believe it was something to do with a migration to Amadeus on the back end that started this all. Hell yes; DON'T modify a booking or it pretty much always crashes.
Now I'm called PNGMK

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 19 Nov 2012 3:58 pm

zzm9980 wrote:Using a credit card which requires that OTR (Verified by Visa/MasterCard secure code) is supposed to verify you paid and not require presenting your card at check-in. I was told by an SQ agent at their Orchard Office that it's automatic, if I enter that data (and it is required for online transactions) the checkin will be unlocked at the airport. If it's not unlocked, they cannot print my boarding pass without the last 4 digits of the CC. Except when it doesn't. I had it happen once, I even had the printed online confirmation to show I paid online when I went to the airport. They had no explanation how I could have printed that (saying I paid) and the system not recording it properly. Luckily, I found the CC I booked with buried in my passport wallet. I usually leave it at home.
Speaking of that, is it true that you must present the credit card used to purchase your tickets at check-in? Or else you will be denied boarding and you have to purchase new tickets?

I kept Googling about it but there is nothing solid. This thing is making me nervous, what if I don't have a credit card and my daddy buys my tickets for me?

/jest

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 19 Nov 2012 4:08 pm

You would need your father to accompany you through checkin. However, I'm not sure about the return journey. I've always been asked for the CC for verification but I've never tried without it.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Callput
Regular
Regular

Post by Callput » Mon, 19 Nov 2012 4:16 pm

I dealt with this last year when I booked tickets by silk air for my wife and mom-in law.

This actually varies case to case basis and it would be mentioned on your ticket. In my case I didnt have to do anything, but otherwise, you will have to go to their counter and get your credit card verified( you can do this several days in advance before the journey) and after that your dad can board on his own, without any issues. Contact the airline. Google wont help