Singapore Expats

Please advise LTVP from MOM

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
CIA_crypto
Regular
Regular

Please advise LTVP from MOM

Post by CIA_crypto » Sat, 17 Nov 2012 10:23 am

Dear All,

I am confused. I understand that EP holder will be auto-cancelled when he/she has become a Singapore PR. But how about LTVP under EP holder. My monther in law is holding LTVP under my EP P2. My in law LTVP still valid after i am taking up PR?

For your reference MOM EPOL online pass cancellation notes as below:

"Please note that the foreigner's existing Work Pass will be auto-cancelled when he/she has become a Singapore Permanent Resident and you are not required to submit a cancellation request. However, the current DP/ LTVP and LOC tied to the main Pass holder (if applicable) as well as pending/ approved renewal of these related Pass holders (if applicable) will continue to remain valid."

Please kindly advise me above clause.

Thank you
cia_crypto

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Post by JayCee » Sat, 17 Nov 2012 1:53 pm

The answer is in your post, what part isn't clear???
I HAVE MASTERS!

CIA_crypto
Regular
Regular

Post by CIA_crypto » Sat, 17 Nov 2012 3:40 pm

JayCee wrote:The answer is in your post, what part isn't clear???
Hi JayCee,

My question is whether my in law LTVP under MOM need to cancel or can still live in SG until her pass expire. OR I must cancel her LTVP then apply new pass from ICA?

Thanks

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 17 Nov 2012 4:17 pm

the current DP/ LTVP and LOC tied to the main Pass holder (if applicable) as well as pending/ approved renewal of these related Pass holders (if applicable) will continue to remain valid.

Are you the main Pass holder?

Is her LTVP tied to you?

What more do you need?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Post by JayCee » Sat, 17 Nov 2012 4:30 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
What more do you need?
Not a masters that's for sure, he undoubtably already has one of those
I HAVE MASTERS!

CIA_crypto
Regular
Regular

Post by CIA_crypto » Sat, 17 Nov 2012 4:32 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:the current DP/ LTVP and LOC tied to the main Pass holder (if applicable) as well as pending/ approved renewal of these related Pass holders (if applicable) will continue to remain valid.

Are you the main Pass holder?

Is her LTVP tied to you?

What more do you need?
Thanks SMS for your response.
Yes, I am a main pass holder.
Yes, her LTVP is tied to my main pass.

I understand my pass will be auto canceled after i change my status to PR. How about my mum in law?

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sat, 17 Nov 2012 4:44 pm

CIA_crypto, you continue with this style for a while and perhaps ICA known to monitor this forum may have a second thought about your PR.
No, the pass of your mother in law will not be canceled.

CIA_crypto
Regular
Regular

Post by CIA_crypto » Sat, 17 Nov 2012 4:50 pm

x9200 wrote:CIA_crypto, you continue with this style for a while and perhaps ICA known to monitor this forum may have a second thought about your PR.
No, the pass of your mother in law will not be canceled.
At the end of the day, you guys still don't understand what i mean for. Ofcourse i do know that mum in law pass will not be cancelled but can she still use MOM LTVP pass to live in Singapore legally?

Thanks any input will be appreciated.

Callput
Regular
Regular

Post by Callput » Sat, 17 Nov 2012 5:13 pm

The quote is interesting

"Please note that the foreigner's existing Work Pass will be auto-cancelled when he/she has become a Singapore Permanent Resident and you are not required to submit a cancellation request. However, the current DP/ LTVP and LOC tied to the main Pass holder (if applicable) as well as pending/ approved renewal of these related Pass holders (if applicable) will continue to remain valid."

We all know for sure that only EP holders' dependants get DP. When an EP holder converts to PR, say he didn't include his wife, how on earth can her DP still be valid, which the above statement seems to imply

So does it mean DP remains valid until its expiry and after that she will get an LTSVP :???:

CIA_Crypto, call up ICA and get the thing clarified, there is high probability though that above statement is correct for existing LTSVPs as they are given by ICA anyways and not by MoM like DPs are.
Last edited by Callput on Sat, 17 Nov 2012 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 17 Nov 2012 5:17 pm

:roll:

It's your dime.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sat, 17 Nov 2012 5:23 pm

If her pass is not canceled surely she has rights to do all what she did before within the rights given her by the pass. So is the case for DP. When expired its gone and a different pass should be applied for o the holder leaves the country.
](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

CIA_crypto
Regular
Regular

Post by CIA_crypto » Sun, 18 Nov 2012 8:16 am

x9200 wrote:If her pass is not canceled surely she has rights to do all what she did before within the rights given her by the pass. So is the case for DP. When expired its gone and a different pass should be applied for o the holder leaves the country.
](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Dear x9200, are you really sure about what you are sharing your best of knowledge? Even though ICA officers are not so sure about how to deal with LTVP issued by MOM and advice to contact MOM for correct info.

Generally when you call up and talk to MOM officer, he/she will reply to you via phone if the EP main pass holder is cancelled then all the pass issued by MOM under his/her pass will be cancelled.

However, EPOL online cancellation note mentioned differently so I bring up for discussion in this forum. Because this forum has many knowledgable people regarding this cases.

I am sure SMS and MS will sure help us to clarify more clealy.

Thanks advanced in this matter.

CIA_crypto
Regular
Regular

Post by CIA_crypto » Sun, 18 Nov 2012 8:21 am

Callput wrote:The quote is interesting

We all know for sure that only EP holders' dependants get DP. When an EP holder converts to PR, say he didn't include his wife, how on earth can her DP still be valid, which the above statement seems to imply

So does it mean DP remains valid until its expiry and after that she will get an LTSVP :???:

CIA_Crypto, call up ICA and get the thing clarified, there is high probability though that above statement is correct for existing LTSVPs as they are given by ICA anyways and not by MoM like DPs are.
Thanks for callput. You get my point! I am very confused. Anyway, I will print out EPOL online note and will meet with ICA officer this coming week. Any outcome will be share with you guys soon.

CIA_crypto
Regular
Regular

Post by CIA_crypto » Sun, 18 Nov 2012 8:27 am

JayCee wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
What more do you need?
Not a masters that's for sure, he undoubtably already has one of those
Dear JayCee, did you really following our discussion in details? Pls ask yourself........ Thanks

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sun, 18 Nov 2012 9:08 am

CIA_crypto wrote:
x9200 wrote:If her pass is not canceled surely she has rights to do all what she did before within the rights given her by the pass. So is the case for DP. When expired its gone and a different pass should be applied for o the holder leaves the country.
](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Dear x9200, are you really sure about what you are sharing your best of knowledge? Even though ICA officers are not so sure about how to deal with LTVP issued by MOM and advice to contact MOM for correct info.

I can understand what is written and I am not paranoid to look for some other scenarios defying the written text. If ICA meant something different than that this it means ICA needs to correct their web page information unless they aimed to confuse people like yourself what I honestly doubt is the case.

Generally when you call up and talk to MOM officer, he/she will reply to you via phone if the EP main pass holder is cancelled then all the pass issued by MOM under his/her pass will be cancelled.

In connection with PR?

However, EPOL online cancellation note mentioned differently so I bring up for discussion in this forum. Because this forum has many knowledgable people regarding this cases.

I am sure SMS and MS will sure help us to clarify more clealy.

Thanks advanced in this matter.
SMS already expressed his opinion but admittedly it was less direct than what puzzled you in the first place so no wonder it went under the radar.