Singapore Expats Forum

which condition that has higher change to get PR approved

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
boonlay77

which condition that has higher change to get PR approved

Postby boonlay77 » Thu, 15 Nov 2012 4:18 pm

Hi gurus, with the assumption :
- age range 30-35
- bring spouse to SG, kids not yet
- indonesian chinese
- IT consultant
- same salary for contract and full time
- already paid at least 3 years tax income (since 2008)
- first year in SG used EP visas, then 2nd year onward used PEP.
- (any) company want to fill Employer’s information (Annex A)
- no matter local or MNC company

Which condition that has higher change to get PR approved :
condition 1 : full time with salary Direct under client/company

condition 2 : full time with salary direct under agency, assigned to agency's client

condition 3 : contract with salary Direct under client/company , e.g : 1 year contract - renewable

condition 4 : contract with salary under agency, assigned to agency's client e.g : 1 year contract - renewable

Thank you in advance.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 15 Nov 2012 4:37 pm

Doesn't matter, take your choice. At this point in time, none are likely to be successful as the only thing that matters is will you be able to meet the 144K/pa by the end of 2014? Don't you realize that your applying for PR now, after the new criteria has been released for keeping PEP status, will have you standing out like a sore thumb? It's not likely to be approved no matter what your employment is structured as if you cannot meet the new PEP minimums as they will be curious why you didn't apply for PR until the new criteria was released.

boonlay77

Postby boonlay77 » Thu, 15 Nov 2012 5:14 pm

Hi Moderator,

sorry let me clarify to put this additional info. this is 2nd attempt after 1st time failed because of (maybe) haven't paid for at least 3 years tax income. So, rather than have to apply EP many times when changed employer then I decide apply PEP and also wait for the good timing to apply PR after election. Who can guess gov now revise the rule ? Nobody can predict that. Actually I want to apply as soon as possible when worked as EP but the rules 3 years paid tax income make all new comers must wait still working in SG whatever using EP or PEP (survive to live in SG). What do you think ?
Last edited by boonlay77 on Thu, 15 Nov 2012 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 15 Nov 2012 5:39 pm

What's the worst that can happen? Say no, right? Now, they can say no several ways, e.g., you are welcome to work here, yadda, yadda, but no go for PR or they can say apply again in 6 months, 2 years, etc. If it's the first example then you can base your plans around the fact that PR isn't likely going to happen, for whatever reason unless there are some really massive changes to your circumstances. If you are told to wait some more, then there is a chance as they are trying to see if you have the staying power. Then you have to make a calculated risk. Or, they can approve it. What more can you lose as long as you still have an EP, that is.

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Postby offshoreoildude » Thu, 15 Nov 2012 7:50 pm

IT is not the flavor of the new Singapore. Who knows what is? I don't.
Now I'm called PNGMK