Singapore Expats Forum

Spouse PR_Chances

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
apalani
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri, 08 Jul 2011
Location: Singapore

Spouse PR_Chances

Postby apalani » Thu, 15 Nov 2012 1:06 pm

Hi,

I applied PR for my wife & Son(1.2 Yrs old baby) a week ago, would like to get some suggestion from you all about the chaces to getapproval of PR for my wife & son.
My Profile:
I am PR(Indian), residing here in S.pore for almost 10Years
Married in 2010, applied PR for my wife in 2010 Oct, got rejected after 14months.
Salary: S$4100, working as Engineer, My wife is home maker.
I have a boy baby, 14months old. My wife went to india for almost 10 months for 1st baby delivery in last 2 years...i believe this could be the draw back..
Now we live together in singapore, and applied PR for both, wife & son.
i would be greatful if somebody share their openion about chances of approval of PR
:)
Arun

Callput
Regular
Regular
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu, 08 Nov 2012

Re: Spouse PR_Chances

Postby Callput » Thu, 15 Nov 2012 1:32 pm

apalani wrote:Hi,

I applied PR for my wife & Son(1.2 Yrs old baby) a week ago, would like to get some suggestion from you all about the chaces to getapproval of PR for my wife & son.
My Profile:
I am PR(Indian), residing here in S.pore for almost 10Years
Married in 2010, applied PR for my wife in 2010 Oct, got rejected after 14months.
Salary: S$4100, working as Engineer, My wife is home maker.
I have a boy baby, 14months old. My wife went to india for almost 10 months for 1st baby delivery in last 2 years...i believe this could be the draw back..
Now we live together in singapore, and applied PR for both, wife & son.
i would be greatful if somebody share their openion about chances of approval of PR
:)


I would say your chances are 1 out of 10 in your favour.

bro75
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 317
Joined: Sun, 02 Sep 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby bro75 » Thu, 15 Nov 2012 1:35 pm

I believe that the chances of certain nationalities (Phils, India, maybe PRC?) getting approved for dependent PR is low nowadays. I am also a PR and have resided in Singapore for 12 years ( 7 years as PR), my wife is a dependent PR under me. This year I applied for my 2 year old daughter who was born here but was rejected. We will try again. I suggest that you give it a shot (applying is free) but do not expect too much. Let us know if you are successful or not. I am also monitoring expat forums to see whether this policy is changing.

Callput
Regular
Regular
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu, 08 Nov 2012

Postby Callput » Thu, 15 Nov 2012 1:42 pm

The thing is most of the people who got PR for themselves during the boom times, got it under very lax conditions.

Now even though its the application for dependants, its the tougher conditions that will apply. I mean if you were to apply now afresh for yourself, you would fail as well.

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9301
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby x9200 » Thu, 15 Nov 2012 6:00 pm

The son - very good.
The Indian - very bad.
The rest - neutral minus.

My guess - probably 30-40% of the chance.

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1582
Joined: Wed, 04 Jul 2012

Postby offshoreoildude » Thu, 15 Nov 2012 7:48 pm

Zip - nil - nada - nyet.

Prepare to take your skills and money elsewhere.
Now I'm called PNGMK

apalani
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri, 08 Jul 2011
Location: Singapore

Postby apalani » Tue, 11 Dec 2012 5:14 pm

HI All,

ICA Called me last week & asked to come down with my wife to sign on Income Tax declaration form.
I asked the ICA officer that my spouse is home maker & does not have income tax, they told me that there is form that declars income, need to be signed.
We both, with my son, went to ICA & sign on missing item

Any sign? I believe no significant signal...but they started to look into the file

Please comment
Arun

apalani
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri, 08 Jul 2011
Location: Singapore

Postby apalani » Tue, 15 Jan 2013 5:48 pm

Hi Guys,

I would like to share the outcome of PR application, one of my friend, recently approved PR, he is a Indian, residing here as SPR for the past 6 years, belongs to IT, salary approx 6K, and has female baby 6 mnths old. Applied 2 times in the past 3 years, rejected both time.
He recently applied PR for his wife & female bay, got approved in 5 months of time. He collected card in Dec 2012.

FYI: He signed condo middle of last year.
Arun

User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 3908
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012
Location: SIndiapore

Postby Wd40 » Tue, 15 Jan 2013 7:25 pm

apalani wrote:Hi Guys,

I would like to share the outcome of PR application, one of my friend, recently approved PR, he is a Indian, residing here as SPR for the past 6 years, belongs to IT, salary approx 6K, and has female baby 6 mnths old. Applied 2 times in the past 3 years, rejected both time.
He recently applied PR for his wife & female bay, got approved in 5 months of time. He collected card in Dec 2012.

FYI: He signed condo middle of last year.



By signed condo, I am assuming he bought a condo. If yes, with a salary of 6k, your friend is very brave or he has rich dad/dad-in-law back home :lol:

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed, 28 Feb 2007
Location: London

Postby FaeLLe » Sat, 26 Jan 2013 11:56 pm

Wd40 wrote:
apalani wrote:Hi Guys,

I would like to share the outcome of PR application, one of my friend, recently approved PR, he is a Indian, residing here as SPR for the past 6 years, belongs to IT, salary approx 6K, and has female baby 6 mnths old. Applied 2 times in the past 3 years, rejected both time.
He recently applied PR for his wife & female bay, got approved in 5 months of time. He collected card in Dec 2012.

FYI: He signed condo middle of last year.



By signed condo, I am assuming he bought a condo. If yes, with a salary of 6k, your friend is very brave or he has rich dad/dad-in-law back home :lol:


That salary is more than enough to buy a house in Singapore if you are willing to eat at home and not go clubbing at Clarke Quay every week :D

Edited: by house I meant condo... Before getting promoted I used to earn less than that and I am now the happy owner of a 3 bed room condo which I happily call home

User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 3908
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012
Location: SIndiapore

Postby Wd40 » Sun, 27 Jan 2013 2:28 am

FaeLLe wrote:
Wd40 wrote:
apalani wrote:Hi Guys,

I would like to share the outcome of PR application, one of my friend, recently approved PR, he is a Indian, residing here as SPR for the past 6 years, belongs to IT, salary approx 6K, and has female baby 6 mnths old. Applied 2 times in the past 3 years, rejected both time.
He recently applied PR for his wife & female bay, got approved in 5 months of time. He collected card in Dec 2012.

FYI: He signed condo middle of last year.



By signed condo, I am assuming he bought a condo. If yes, with a salary of 6k, your friend is very brave or he has rich dad/dad-in-law back home :lol:


That salary is more than enough to buy a house in Singapore if you are willing to eat at home and not go clubbing at Clarke Quay every week :D

Edited: by house I meant condo... Before getting promoted I used to earn less than that and I am now the happy owner of a 3 bed room condo which I happily call home


Awesome and happy for you! However, In my case, I never ever felt that my job is secure enough in this country to do that kind of commitment. My skillset in IT is such that if I lose a job it may take months to find another one of same salary. So I am not that brave. At the moment I am really glad I didnt buy any house here, because if I did, I would have felt really tied down here to take up any job to just keep paying the mortgage, which I dont wanna do. I want to work at my terms so next few months if I dont get the kind of job I want, I am heading back to Bangalore and start afresh :)

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 485
Joined: Wed, 28 Feb 2007
Location: London

Postby FaeLLe » Sun, 27 Jan 2013 9:34 am

Wd40 wrote:
FaeLLe wrote:
Wd40 wrote:
apalani wrote:Hi Guys,

I would like to share the outcome of PR application, one of my friend, recently approved PR, he is a Indian, residing here as SPR for the past 6 years, belongs to IT, salary approx 6K, and has female baby 6 mnths old. Applied 2 times in the past 3 years, rejected both time.
He recently applied PR for his wife & female bay, got approved in 5 months of time. He collected card in Dec 2012.

FYI: He signed condo middle of last year.



By signed condo, I am assuming he bought a condo. If yes, with a salary of 6k, your friend is very brave or he has rich dad/dad-in-law back home :lol:


That salary is more than enough to buy a house in Singapore if you are willing to eat at home and not go clubbing at Clarke Quay every week :D

Edited: by house I meant condo... Before getting promoted I used to earn less than that and I am now the happy owner of a 3 bed room condo which I happily call home


Awesome and happy for you! However, In my case, I never ever felt that my job is secure enough in this country to do that kind of commitment. My skillset in IT is such that if I lose a job it may take months to find another one of same salary. So I am not that brave. At the moment I am really glad I didnt buy any house here, because if I did, I would have felt really tied down here to take up any job to just keep paying the mortgage, which I dont wanna do. I want to work at my terms so next few months if I dont get the kind of job I want, I am heading back to Bangalore and start afresh :)


True everyone has their own constraints but You can always give your condo on rent and feed the bank using it.
Just need to have a trusting agent who will not rip you off repair bills.

User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 3908
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012
Location: SIndiapore

Postby Wd40 » Sun, 27 Jan 2013 10:39 am

FaeLLe wrote:
Wd40 wrote:
FaeLLe wrote:
Wd40 wrote:
apalani wrote:Hi Guys,

I would like to share the outcome of PR application, one of my friend, recently approved PR, he is a Indian, residing here as SPR for the past 6 years, belongs to IT, salary approx 6K, and has female baby 6 mnths old. Applied 2 times in the past 3 years, rejected both time.
He recently applied PR for his wife & female bay, got approved in 5 months of time. He collected card in Dec 2012.

FYI: He signed condo middle of last year.



By signed condo, I am assuming he bought a condo. If yes, with a salary of 6k, your friend is very brave or he has rich dad/dad-in-law back home :lol:


That salary is more than enough to buy a house in Singapore if you are willing to eat at home and not go clubbing at Clarke Quay every week :D

Edited: by house I meant condo... Before getting promoted I used to earn less than that and I am now the happy owner of a 3 bed room condo which I happily call home


Awesome and happy for you! However, In my case, I never ever felt that my job is secure enough in this country to do that kind of commitment. My skillset in IT is such that if I lose a job it may take months to find another one of same salary. So I am not that brave. At the moment I am really glad I didnt buy any house here, because if I did, I would have felt really tied down here to take up any job to just keep paying the mortgage, which I dont wanna do. I want to work at my terms so next few months if I dont get the kind of job I want, I am heading back to Bangalore and start afresh :)


True everyone has their own constraints but You can always give your condo on rent and feed the bank using it.
Just need to have a trusting agent who will not rip you off repair bills.


For that scenario, you are assuming the market remains like it is now. i.e instalments are lower than rent and that there will always be demand for rental units. I guess you were not here in 2003. May be I am overly risk averse and the worst case may not play out. Sometimes I guess ignorance is bliss and the people who do the least analysis make the most amount of money, in the short term. Long term however, I guess it's safer to be prudent than sorry.

Besides, when I am leaving a country for good, I prefer to close all links even if it means that my investments could have had more upside. For me, once I leave a country I don't even want to think about it anymore. Just want to move on and concentrate all efforts on the future direction.

apalani
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri, 08 Jul 2011
Location: Singapore

Postby apalani » Mon, 06 May 2013 3:38 pm

Hi There,

Its already been 6 months+, am waiting for the outcome of PR status for my family menbers ( Wife & Son).
Now, i got an offer letter from NTU to peruse my Master in Engineering, i have already registered. So, would it be helpful if i update the same to ICA in PR outcome?
Anybody can advise? highly appreciated if you share your concern experiance

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5266
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Mon, 06 May 2013 3:57 pm

apalani wrote:Hi There,

Its already been 6 months+, am waiting for the outcome of PR status for my family menbers ( Wife & Son).
Now, i got an offer letter from NTU to peruse my Master in Engineering, i have already registered. So, would it be helpful if i update the same to ICA in PR outcome?
Anybody can advise? highly appreciated if you share your concern experiance


Interesting scenario. I'd be watching this thread also to see if someone is familiar of this one.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests