Singapore Expats Forum

Relocating to Singapore - best business for me?

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
avisahay
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue, 13 Nov 2012

Relocating to Singapore - best business for me?

Postby avisahay » Tue, 13 Nov 2012 3:05 pm

Please read my story.
I am an Indian. A few years back, I was a software professional and earning very well. My brothers and sisters were financially dependent on me as I had lost my parents in my childhood. A few months after my siblings started got settledin their lives and were no longer dependent on me, I left my job because I was interested in teaching profession. I started online tutoring. I liked this work so much that I never forced any of my students to pay. It was their choice. Most of times, I tutored completely for free. Sometimes somebody paid voluntarily. Sometimes I used to take up small freelancing project. I was working much harder but earning only about 5% of what I earned as a software professional,but I was happier.
Two of my students are from Singapore; they are brothers. Even before I had started helping them with their studies,they had lost their father and their mother was suffering from cancer. I became emotionally attached with that family. The emotional bond was so strong that it surpasses all blood-relations.
Today early morning, their mother also passed away. Now they have become orphans. I am completely devastated. I feel like I have lost somebody very dear to me.
I am really worried about those children. When I had started tutoring them, they were doing O' level. Now they are in polytechnic.
I want to relocate to Singapore so that I can take care of them. I am thinking of starting a business there. I do not want to make lots of money; my aim is only their happiness.
So which business do you think would be best for me?

urbanjungle101
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu, 13 Sep 2012

Re: Relocating to Singapore - best business for me?

Postby urbanjungle101 » Tue, 13 Nov 2012 3:53 pm

avisahay wrote:Please read my story.
I am an Indian. A few years back, I was a software professional and earning very well. My brothers and sisters were financially dependent on me as I had lost my parents in my childhood. A few months after my siblings started got settledin their lives and were no longer dependent on me, I left my job because I was interested in teaching profession. I started online tutoring. I liked this work so much that I never forced any of my students to pay. It was their choice. Most of times, I tutored completely for free. Sometimes somebody paid voluntarily. Sometimes I used to take up small freelancing project. I was working much harder but earning only about 5% of what I earned as a software professional,but I was happier.
Two of my students are from Singapore; they are brothers. Even before I had started helping them with their studies,they had lost their father and their mother was suffering from cancer. I became emotionally attached with that family. The emotional bond was so strong that it surpasses all blood-relations.
Today early morning, their mother also passed away. Now they have become orphans. I am completely devastated. I feel like I have lost somebody very dear to me.
I am really worried about those children. When I had started tutoring them, they were doing O' level. Now they are in polytechnic.
I want to relocate to Singapore so that I can take care of them. I am thinking of starting a business there. I do not want to make lots of money; my aim is only their happiness.
So which business do you think would be best for me?


What a load of BS aka CRAP !!!!!!!

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1582
Joined: Wed, 04 Jul 2012

Postby offshoreoildude » Tue, 13 Nov 2012 4:02 pm

Considering half the island drives the other half that cooks for them...
Now I'm called PNGMK

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34262
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 13 Nov 2012 5:09 pm

Sounds like there is no reason for me to jump into the fray. Enjoy yourselves.....

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Tue, 13 Nov 2012 6:26 pm

Considering the number of people in your life apparently dropping dead, mebbe you should become an undertaker.

Darthcoder
Regular
Regular
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri, 27 Jan 2012
Location: Boon Keng

Postby Darthcoder » Tue, 13 Nov 2012 9:59 pm

JR8 wrote:Considering the number of people in your life apparently dropping dead, mebbe you should become an undertaker.


Didnt you read his post? :P He wants to take care of the brothers while they are alive :P. Seriously, how does one come up with such a BS story, or maybe there is humanity left in the world after all? :roll:
I am back I am back I am back I am back You know I am back. Everybody stand up!

beppi
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1751
Joined: Thu, 07 Sep 2006
Location: Ahlongistan (O$P$)

Postby beppi » Tue, 13 Nov 2012 10:06 pm

You should become a writer of dramatic novels (a.k.a. sob stories) - you have talent there!

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5239
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Midgar

Postby the lynx » Tue, 13 Nov 2012 10:59 pm

Let me join Darthcoder's camp just for some balance. While I feel sorry for OP's life and the lives of the brothers he cares truly for, I don't think it is not easy for him to just hop over here. He is neither the brothers' legal guardian nor next-of-kin.

I hope you are well aware that the government is putting a tight clamp on Indian nationals as well as other foreigners in this country. So trying to set a business for the sake ifof being here will not work, unless you are bringing a multi-million revenue to the government that they will roll out a carpet and grant you a visa to be here.

And while I applaud you for your said story above, your plan is not workable. The boys will not be able to sponsor your visa nor you are eligible for any possible visa on your own merit. These brothers are legally adults anyway so the idea of you being their guardian will not fly.

Keep on having them in your thoughts over there, that's all you can do for now. Or maybe visit them once in a few months but please refrain from visa runs or the ICA will ban you for good.

All the best.

User avatar
v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 887
Joined: Mon, 09 Jul 2012
Location: Chocolate Factory

Postby v4jr4 » Tue, 13 Nov 2012 11:11 pm

Darthcoder wrote:
JR8 wrote:Considering the number of people in your life apparently dropping dead, mebbe you should become an undertaker.


Didnt you read his post? :P He wants to take care of the brothers while they are alive :P. Seriously, how does one come up with such a BS story, or maybe there is humanity left in the world after all? :roll:


Well, some lobang(s) here and there.

Please read my story.
I am an Indian. A few years back, I was a software professional and earning very well. My brothers and sisters were financially dependent on me as I had lost my parents in my childhood. A few months after my siblings started got settledin their lives and were no longer dependent on me, I left my job because I was interested in teaching profession. I started online tutoring. I liked this work so much that I never forced any of my students to pay. It was their choice. Most of times, I tutored completely for free. Sometimes somebody paid voluntarily. Sometimes I used to take up small freelancing project. I was working much harder but earning only about 5% of what I earned as a software professional,but I was happier.
Two of my students are from Singapore; they are brothers. Even before I had started helping them with their studies,they had lost their father and their mother was suffering from cancer. I became emotionally attached with that family. The emotional bond was so strong that it surpasses all blood-relations.
Today early morning, their mother also passed away. Now they have become orphans. I am completely devastated. I feel like I have lost somebody very dear to me.
I am really worried about those children. When I had started tutoring them, they were doing O' level. Now they are in polytechnic.
I want to relocate to Singapore so that I can take care of them. I am thinking of starting a business there. I do not want to make lots of money; my aim is only their happiness.
So which business do you think would be best for me?


It's kinda hard to comprehend that online tutoring can transfer emotions (no Emotions Over IP yet :P ), unless OP stated that he made several visits to Singapore just to meet them. It's not about where OP's nationality - even if OP came from Vesuvio - unless the lobang(s) can be covered, then the BS sign can be lifted.

the lynx wrote:And while I applaud you for your said story above, your plan is not workable. The boys will not be able to sponsor your visa nor you are eligible for any possible visa on your own merit. These brothers are legally adults anyway so the idea of you being their guardian will not fly.


=D>
"Budget Expat"

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Tue, 13 Nov 2012 11:46 pm

v4jr4 wrote:(no Emotions Over IP yet :P )


Oh I don't know, I've got some strong feelings about a couple of the Mods here :oops: :wink:

Perhaps OP will be back shortly soliciting donations to fund his 'entirely selfless' journey to SG?

p.s. More seriously this reminds me of the conveniently printed multi-lingual leaflets that beggars used to hand out on trains in India... 'Dear brother/sister, I am lame, I cannot walk, my parents both died when I was aged 2, I am alone in the world and have nothing [continues at painful length in similar way]'.

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Wed, 14 Nov 2012 12:46 am

JR8 wrote:Perhaps OP will be back shortlysoliciting donations to fund his 'entirely selfless' journey to SG?


Oh, the internet can be quite generous.

Or vicious if they smell you're up to no good.

User avatar
nutnut
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1850
Joined: Thu, 24 Nov 2011
Location: The Mainland....

Postby nutnut » Wed, 14 Nov 2012 7:09 pm

Should this be true, it's good that you are trying to do what you are doing, however, this is not the place to post about it, you'll get no sympathy and we are so used to people with ridiculous stories that you will be treated as a troll.

Good luck in your "crusade" You'd be better off going back to your well paid job and sending them money I think!
nutnut

taxico
Director
Director
Posts: 3148
Joined: Sat, 10 May 2008
Location: Existential dilemma!

Postby taxico » Wed, 14 Nov 2012 11:52 pm

i strongly recommend the home-based calf reduction kits.

no, not the bovine type.

User avatar
aargon
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 259
Joined: Sun, 20 Sep 2009

Postby aargon » Thu, 15 Nov 2012 5:26 am

I want to go to India. And I want to go NOW!
Everybody was KungFu Fighting.....

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Thu, 15 Nov 2012 5:29 am

So what's stopping you?

I packed my bag, took a hard-earned $750, and headed off there for 3 months a-wandering when I was but 19.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Leisure Chat, Jokes, Rubbish”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest